• You cannot reply to this topic

tac 9 Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Funka Wunka 

• Beta Force
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Funka Wunka

Posted 12 May 2007 - 05:38 PM

Ok, I have had the t-9 since February. I find it to be my secondary. I use the 12 grams and a 50 round hopper. I know everyone likes the clips, but when you are in a big battle (I'm talking 2 tanks and 400 people coming at you) You have no chance of making a dent in the attacking force. But if you play in small 10 vs. 10 games, the clip can work.

#17 User is offline   budowolf 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BudoWolf

Post icon  Posted 23 June 2007 - 05:21 PM

I just picked up my T-9 (I bought the Elite, though looking back on it I should have bought the covert. The extra flashlight, lasersight and red-dot aren't worth the extra cash. Just get a nice red-dot from specops for much less $$$), and with just the cheap Walmart bought paint and 12g CO2s I had about a 15in grouping at about 75ft. I haven't gotten the gun hooked up to air yet, or run from a hopper, but from what I have seen of it I love it.

Big things I like:

Easily swapped from hopper to clip fed, just push in on the barrell and rotated 1/4 turn.
Hopper is naturally off to the right of the gun and out of the sightline.
Can use your Tac-8 magazines as emergency backup if you run out of air or paint in the hopper.
Modular, I can put just about anything I want on the rails of this gun. I don't much care for the flashlight and such, but the bipod, and sight rails are great. Also the barrell comes in 3 pieces and you can shorten it down to just over the length of a Tag-8 (and still have the hopper decent for playing Dagger).

Big things I don't like:

In order to go continuous air you lose the ability to run clips (gun comes with a clip modified so the air feeds through where the 12g CO2 would go). Though you can still load 8 rounds in that clip as a backup incase your hopper runs dry in a firefight, you can swap to the clip with a twist of the barrell.
A little big, but fortunately, still fairly light.
Somewhat loud(average for a stock CO2 marker), the stock barrell is not designed to be quiet, it just looks cool. I fully intend on picking up a compression barrell soon.

I haven't had a chance to get it out on the field yet, looks like my first time out with it will be on the 4th of July (Alien Invasion at Northwest Paintball). I look forward to it though. So far the gun has performed exceptionally for being fed cheap paint and CO2.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users