• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pink Floyd Satellite Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

anyone tune in yet to the new pink floyd channel on satellite radio ? if you do much driving, or even if you don't this is cool... floyd has to be one of my all timie favs when it comes to serious head trauma ... they have some great music, especially if you have been partying some and are now chillin in front of a fireplace or firepit or something like that ... if you have SIRIUS radio, it is channel 142 ...

#2 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:36 PM

Thats legit they have their own sat channel. I don't have sat radio though, lol
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#3 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:21 PM

Their own channel? Wow...that cool, but does ANY single band need an entire channel? Even with live albums, theres only a finite amount of 'Floyd out there.
Mind you, Ive been a fan since the late 70's (I still have a copy of the Wall on vinyl)....but a whole channel seems overkill.

But I dont know much about satellite radio...are there like a billion channels available so that everyone can have one of their own?

#4 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:45 AM

lol .. there are lots of channels, it's just like cable or satellite tv, where you buy a package and you get certain channels.

one of the selling points of satellite radio in the beginning was that you could listen to a specific genre of music with little or no interruption. it has since gotten to be like the old am/fm "FILTERED" where the dj would talk over song intros, or not play the long studio versions... i have lately thought about cancelling my subscription due to that ... but they get guest dj's now like the old washed up retired VJ's from the original MTV, or members of bands to intro the music .... but really ? the whole reason i joined was to get away from all the dj chatter and listen to the music..the air wave jocks have a serious love affair with themselves and love to hear the sound of their own voice, so they think it is alright to talk all over the song when there is no singing ... ANYWAY .. it didn't used to be that way and now it is turning into the same old radio that is FREE, and costs nothing.

sorry, back to your question about their very own channel... yes, it does seem superflous, but if there is a following, they will do it. Bob Seger had his own ( i am not sure if it is still out there now though ), there is an ELVIS channel, there is the 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, current hits, country, all that crap i pretty much don't listen to, there are specific talk only channels, howard stern, political pundits, a host of sports only channels, some football only, baseball, etc

on the pink floyd one, they have a lot of interviews; recent and old; of the band as well as different people getting on and talking about the bands impact on society... taking up that fill time.. because like you said .. there is only so much music they made, but they will branch out and play music that pink floyd had a hand in inspiring ... hell, they might say that PF influenced elvis in some kind of a time warp thing and play some elvis on there ... lol .. i just have to see where it goes... it is a brand new channel so they are still playing the crap out of their old great music, and so for now, i am rockin it !

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users