• You cannot reply to this topic

Bore Size and a Palmer Barrel Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Huntdog777 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Huntdog777

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:50 AM

I have been scouring the internet for information on what bore size to get when I get a Palmer brass barrel. I can choose from .685 and .690. What I see is people saying it depends on the paint you shoot? Well I have been looking all over and I am not sure what types of paint I am shooting. When I got to scenarios you have to buy field paint. I am not sure they sale .690 all the time. Maybe one of the more experienced players could help me out picking a bore size for my Palmer. Also on the training DXE paint I have now I don't see any markings on it? or should I just bust out the Calipers and measure it my self?

#2 User is offline   Damage Incorporated 

• Knight Stalkers Scenario Paintball Team Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2010 - 01:30 PM

For all of my Palmer markers, I have .690 barrels. Because of exactly what you said about going to scenarios, you never know what size paint you are going to get. My reason for going with the .690 is if I got a smaller bore barrel and go to a scenario and have large bore paint, I was going to expierence a lot of barrel breaks, if I could shoot at all. Brass barrel at .690 has never let me down.

Proudly Sponsored by:
Outdoor Adventures Pasadena, Maryland-Rosedale, Maryland-Chesapeake City Maryland
CCM-Chipley Custom Machine

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and success of freedom"
John F. Kennedy 1961

#3 User is offline   Huntdog777 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 22 August 2010 - 02:02 PM

View PostDamage Incorporated, on 22 August 2010 - 02:30 PM, said:

For all of my Palmer markers, I have .690 barrels. Because of exactly what you said about going to scenarios, you never know what size paint you are going to get. My reason for going with the .690 is if I got a smaller bore barrel and go to a scenario and have large bore paint, I was going to expierence a lot of barrel breaks, if I could shoot at all. Brass barrel at .690 has never let me down.

Do you use those widgets or wedges that he has for the barrels so the paint does not roll out? or is that not a problem? I run a A5 not sure if this would be a problem having a larger bore size.

#4 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:31 PM

Roll outs are generally a problem with closed bolt markers such as Autocockers and Snipers. Pretty much all open bolt markers have ball detents to keep the balls from rolling out.

#5 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:48 PM

View PostHuntdog777, on 22 August 2010 - 05:02 PM, said:

View PostDamage Incorporated, on 22 August 2010 - 02:30 PM, said:

Do you use those widgets or wedges that he has for the barrels so the paint does not roll out? or is that not a problem? I run a A5 not sure if this would be a problem having a larger bore size.
wedgits are stricly for closed bolt markers. Like was stated, open bolt markers have a ball detent to keep from having roll outs. Pumps and other closed bolt markers need Wedgits to hold the ball in place after the bolt moves forward and pushes the ball into the barrel, past the detent. Or not need, but it helps to have in most cases.

This post has been edited by Legato: 22 August 2010 - 10:48 PM

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#6 User is offline   Huntdog777 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:01 AM

Nice info from the 3 of you. I appreciate your expertise. I am going to order my Palmer barrel this morning.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users