• You cannot reply to this topic

MAFIA: The Big Top Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:17 PM

Copied from a bunch of sources ... i think the original was from mdk

1.) The game will start once everybody has confirmed, in the game thread, they have received my PM.

2.) All votes must be in the following format: Vote: [insert player name] [Please use bold] Any votes not made in this format will not be counted. Exception will be made if you cannot bold your votes. If you want to change your vote, first Unvote: [insert player name] [Again, please use bold] then vote again in the above format.

3.) When a player receives a majority of votes to be lynched, they are dead--even if I haven't been on to announce his death and reveal that player's role. I'm trusting you, the players, to help me keep track of votes. I will check, of course, but it will help make my job easier.

4.) If discussion is lagging or the day is dragging, I may set a deadline. If I do not receive the necessary PM's within that time period, the game will move on into night with the night-actions I have already received enacted the following game day.

5.) Night posting is allowed, but please try to keep chatter game-related.

6.) Once dead, no posting, "Bah" posts included. You will be PM'd upon death, as soon as I get to the thread after a lynching.

7.) Try to post as often as possible. If something arises which prevents you from posting for a prolonged period of time, please inform me and I will find an replacement. Notify me in-thread if you want me to prod an inactive player. As the game moderator, I reserve the sole authority to arbitrarily punish any player I deem "inactive," regardless of their in-game role. POST, or you may regret it!

8.) DO NOT quote anything I PM you. Role claiming (claiming to be a certain role) is fine, but you are not allowed to quote my PM's. This includes quoting my PM's in any format, via any medium, to include forum/chat/PM/AIM/e-mail. Don't game the system!

9.) Do not verbally abuse participants of this game at any point. Doing so will result in punishments up-to and including modkills.

10.) Out-of-thread communication IS ALLOWED in this game.

11.) Do not edit your posts. Just make any corrections in another post.

13.) Breaking any of these rules subjects you to any action I deem necessary.

14.) No Print+Screens to be shown in public. This includes via PM traffic -- report violators and be honest.

15.) This is a game. Have fun! Don't cheat... especially don't get caught.

Gameplay

"YAHOO" shouted Eric as he bounded into the living room. "The ciricus just got into town, and I'm gonna be the first one to ride the TILT-A-WHIRL tonite, WOOHOO !!!"
"Oh really ?" asked Margarette, I just love to watch the freak show, eat popcorn and twirl the cotton candy." "Not me", said Aaron, "I like the big top with all the performers
and clowns. "

"Well, I hope the weather holds up for all you kids", said moms mobley, "I hear we're supposed to have thunder and lightning storms tonight ! "

Little did they know, that this was indeed going to be a night of epic proportions at the circus ... the night the carnival rolled into town ... muw haw haw haw haw haaaww

CAST :
Narrator -- klaatu
Trapeze Artist -- bigsal39 -- confirmed and roled
Strong Man -- Tryon -- confirmed and roled -- dead townie
Magician -- Headhunter2 -- confirmed and roled -- dead townie
Hermaphrodite -- Epic_Fail -- confirmed and roled
Lion Tamer -- Megs -- confirmed and roled -- dead townie
Bearded Lady -- Irishmack -- confirmed and roled -- dead mafiaz
Ringmaster -- LoD -- confirmed and roled -- dead townie
Midget Man -- Mitch Force -- confirmed and roled
Clown -- MejorQueNada -- confirmed and roled -- dead clownie
Fat Man -- MurderDeathKill -- confirmed and roled -- dead townie

The opening night was proving to be just as awesome as the kids had hoped. There were unicylists, midway games and rides, jugglers, acrobats, sword swallowers,
performers of all sorts. The air was thick with the smell of popcorn and sawdust, and everywhere you turned, you could hear the caliope playing that famously themed
circus music that has become the trademark for 3 ring circus around the world.

Even though Aaron, Eric, and Margarette had all gone to the carnival together, they split up almost immediately after arriving, each eagerly setting off to see their favorite
venue of the fun.

The clouds had been rolling in all evening, but somewhere around 10PM-ish, they started to rumble and flash. "I'm gonna spend my last dollar and try and win this stuffed
purple flying monkey for my girlfriend Rosita" said a determined Eric. Suddenly, there was a tremendous thunderclap and a bright searing flash of heat and light.
Then everything went dark and eerily quiet. Then, almost as quickly, the first big top tent was engulfed in flames.

Out of the darkness and the chaos, one of the acrobats came running out of the performers area screaming "HELP !!!! SOMEBODY COME QUICK !!!
SOMEONE HAS KILLED THE ELEPHANT TRAINER .... THEY SHOVED A PITCHFORK THROUGH HIS BODY !!!! "

The ensuing bedlam occurs during the next 8 - 10 hours of Mafia time .... not real time or forum time. So each 24 hour real day, will be like 1 hour of the night at the circus.

= Every player has a night action
= Every player also has a certain amount of money to buy items or favors. The list is published below.
= It is to the townies advantage to lynch once every day, because there is also a serial killer on the loose amongst you, that thirsts for blood, and it makes no difference to
him/her whether it is a townie or a mafia. Every "day" that goes by without a lynching, the serial killer will go mad in his blood lust and take a life that night.

The game cannot end unless the serial killer is dead, and there is a majority of townies or mafia, or if the serial killer eats everyone.

ITEMS FOR SALE :
POISON POPCORN - $5
WHIP - $10
PITCHFORK - $15
PISTOL - $20
ELEPHANT STOMP - $25
IMMUNITY COTTON CANDY, BUT WITH A TWIST - $25

ANOTHER PLAYERS NIGHT ACTION - Negotiate with other player
BRIBES - Negotiate with other player
ALLIANCES - Negotiate with other player

OOTC is allowed and encouraged to buy, sell, barter for "stuff" within the game limits. No screen shots are allowed. Remember, that if you want to buy a night action from player A,
he/she may lie to you about what their night action is, just to get your money. Or they may lie on here that you sold them a bogus night action.

I must be notified of all transactions between players before night actions, or else all trades, and sales will be null and void. Just showing me a pm between you and player B, after
the fact is not enough. I need to be notified in advance. Any and all items purchased and or traded can only be for 1 "hour", and then they go back to either the narrator or the
original owner. That same transaction cannot be duplicated on consecutive nights. So pick your poison carefully. If you think the mob is gonna kill you tonite, buy the immunity cotton candy .... unless it has already been sold. All of these items there is only 1 of each. Once somebody buys one, it is off the shelf for a day. Even the mafia must buy their weapon of choice ... so pool your money or something and get your bid to me early on.

There is also a pecking order of weapons ...poison popcorn < whip < pitchfork < pistol < elephant stomp

So if you protect yourself with an elephant stomp, and the mafia tries to kill you with poison popcorn, you will kill the mafia that night.

I will give opportunities during the game to make additional money, so stay tuned ... you snooze, you looze ...

Oh yeah, the immunity cotton candy, it will negate any night action against you, but again, you cannot use it on consecutive nights, and after eating it, you will become so ill, that you will not be able to post in this thread for 24 hours. Alot can happen in 24 hours.

You can bribe a player for info about other players .... they can lie to you, or they, or you can lie about bribing a player, or being bribed to cast suspicion on others.... lol

You can also make an alliance, where you share monies only with another player if they want to ... just be careful not to "buddy up" with a mafia or the serial killer, or you will die.

AGAIN .... ANY ALLIANCES, OR TRADING OR SELLING OF NIGHT ACTIONS, I NEED TO BE NOTIFIED AS IT IMPACTS THE GAME. I ALSO NEED TO BE NOTIFIED OF NITE ACTIONS

and if it sounds like i am encouraging you to all lie to each other .... i am... :P

we will start as soon as we have confirmation of players. as soon as i get confirmation of each player they will begin getting their player profile packets

let the madness begin

EDIT : to keep the game fresh, and others guessing, i will also give specialty one shots to players for nite actions via PM. so one day you may get a PM telling you that you have a special nite action for that nite ... it would be a fun one, but you would have the option of turning it down if you wanted to.

EDIT : if i do not receive your night actions by the time that i set in the thread, your character will still perform their nite action ..... i will assigned each player a random number each night, and then i will use that same random number generator to assign who your character will perform their night action to / with / for / against .... again, this is to keep all the players guessing as to who is doing what, and to whom

This post has been edited by klaatu: 16 June 2010 - 04:26 PM

#2 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:11 PM

hmmm...the bearded Lady, I'm not sure I like my orle...when are we getting our PM's for our roles?
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#3 User is offline   MejorQueNada 

• it is better to watch something than to do something
  • Pip

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:12 PM

/confirm

also... Do I look like a clown to you!?

vote klaatu guilty

also... It's funny that there is a Hermy in the circus, Epic_Win
:P

#4 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:35 PM

all pms have been sent for your perusal ... we are just waiting now on peeps to show up and play ... and mack .... you know you make the perfect bearded lady

@mejor ... somehow that vote doesnt surprise me .... lol

oh ya .. some of you older players help the newbies ................ like me ,,, hahaha

#5 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:45 PM

oh indeed I do, I have to shave it everymorning...
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#6 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:52 PM

I'M NOT FAT I'M BIG-BONED!!

oyeah role confirmanomatron.
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#7 User is offline   MejorQueNada 

• Pip

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:59 PM

*begins constructing balloon animals*

#8 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:03 PM

View PostMejorQueNada, on Jun 9 2010, 07:12 PM, said:

Do I look like a clown to you!?

i guess i could have made you a sword swallower ?

#9 User is offline   MejorQueNada 

• Pip

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:08 PM

lol.

#10 User is offline   Epic_Fail 

• The Mad King
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:*hug*

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:35 PM

Does that mean I'm part women, too? My night action is the ability to feel my self up. If anyone tries to kill me, they go blind.
How'd you do that, sexy? - Becc asking me a question.

Aaron: Alcohol sucks balls. / Fen: No, that's what I do. / Me - Fen sucks balls! / Fen - Only yours Epic.

#11 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:37 PM

rofl

eeeyaahhhhh .. i may go blind just thinking about that

#12 User is offline   bigsal39 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:52 PM

confirmed but still a little confused and why does it have to be circus? im terrified of clowns :D

#13 User is offline   MejorQueNada 

• Pip

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:58 PM

that is because I make a mean balloon animal.

you should be scared of me.

#14 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:06 PM

i just got to thinking ... always dangerous ... mitch and tryon may be at d-day and may not make it to play until this weekend, or even monday ??

does anybody know ??

#15 User is offline   Tryon 

• Does this change the thingie that says Forum Newbie?
  • PipPip

Posted 10 June 2010 - 12:33 PM

/Confirm.

Mitch is at D-Day. I am at home.

Anyways. I'm ready!

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic