Let's have fun with this one. We have enough time to do some nice things. And since we couldn't come up with a number that everyone liked, there is no dollar figure for us to stay under.
Rules are posted below:
1. The marker must be a Nelson based marker
2. The total cost of the marker project must not exceed what ever you can get away with before your wife/girlfriend/significant other/accountant kills you.
3. You have until the 1st of April to find a suitable marker to modify/build, and a "before" picture must be taken and posted in the '08 Nelson Build Off thread by April 1st.
4. No modification is to take place before April 1st, 2008.
5. Purchasing of parts before April 1, 2008 is allowed.
6. All entries must be posted by the 31st of May, 2008 giving the entrants 2 months from the build-start date to complete their project.
7. Judges will be selected on the 1st of May from a voluntary pool.
8. There will be a panel of 15 judges and the entrants will post their finished markers in the '08 Nelson Build Off thread
9. Pictures of works in progress may be posted
10. Outside help is allowed and encouraged!
11. If the judges find something to be out of the ordinary we will confer together on the subject and the majority decision of the judges will be the final word.
12. There will be two categories of entries: Resurrected and Custom. Please remember to inform us of what category you are entering when you post your final work. Entries without a declaration of category will be disqualified from the competition.
13. Entries will be judged on at least the following criteria. Creativity, Quality of Workmanship, Style, Cohesiveness, and Functionality.
14. And Finally, all participants are encouraged to have a lot of fun.
I was thinking we could have one here. Anyone else agree? Thoughts?