Special Ops Paintball: Q-Loaders? - Special Ops Paintball

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Q-Loaders? How do you feel about Q-loading?

#1 User is offline   MotoSL 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 08 December 2007 - 07:57 PM

I've Q-loaded a X-7 already (haven't used it yet) and I'm just wondering what players experiences are with this mod; Pros... Cons?

I've got other markers and was thinking of mod'ing those to Q too.

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   Kodiak 

• Captain DHP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kodiak

Posted 08 December 2007 - 08:15 PM

I believe that everyone already knows what I'm going to say!

Have fun, if you have any questions hit me up and I'll help you out.

#3 User is offline   SwampThing 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mach1muscle351

Posted 08 December 2007 - 08:27 PM

View PostVander, on Dec 8 2007, 07:57 PM, said:

I've Q-loaded a X-7 already (haven't used it yet) and I'm just wondering what players experiences are with this mod; Pros... Cons?

I've got other markers and was thinking of mod'ing those to Q too.

I love my q-loader, I recommend you try it out on your x-7 a bit before you mod your other markers. Goodluck, hope you enjoy!

#4 User is offline   MotoSL 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 09 December 2007 - 08:23 AM

One Con that I struggle with is the 100 Round limitation...

Now I know that from a military perspective, a 100 rounds per magazine (for small arms) is great, but the last time I'm looked I don't get close air support, or artillery backing me up either, you know?

Any comments?

#5 User is offline   Matt 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 December 2007 - 08:33 AM

I HATED my qloader. Too much maintance for a loader. I would recomend you try it on one of your other guns first, because I believe if you do it to the x7, and dont like it, you are either stuck with it, or have to buy another clamshell. The other makers will most likly be able to have a qloader without permanant mods or need for new parts.

#6 User is offline   Sniper Hunter19 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 December 2007 - 10:36 AM

I like the stock x-7 hopper a lot so i would get rid of the Q-loader

#7 User is offline   MotoSL 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:55 AM

View PostSniper Hunter19, on Dec 9 2007, 11:36 AM, said:

I like the stock x-7 hopper a lot so i would get rid of the Q-loader

Sniper Hunter,

Could you elaborate on why you like the cyclone feed system better?

That surprises me, really.... The biggest reason I went with the Q-loader is the "marker orientation" factor. I like the fact that I can fire from the side, and even upside down if I want to. There will alway be a ball in the chamber with a Q-loader, you know?

But if you have experienced different, please elaborate...

And Matt?

What kind of maintenance issues did you experience? That concerns me!

Thanks for replying, guys.

~van

#8 User is offline   Kodiak 

• Captain DHP
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 December 2007 - 12:35 PM

Oh don't be concerned by one post. Not everyone is meant for the Qloader. You have to have some patience and mechanical ability. The Qloader is not a plug and play system. You have to take time to set it up and test it. Once you do that, it is a reliable and durable system. All systems are now generation two and are easy to take apart, clean and reassemble.

100 rds, 100 rds, 100 rds, 100 rds, yes each Qpods holds "only" a hundred rounds. You don't have CAS, and such as the military but you do have your team mates. One thing you never want to do is everybody reload at the same time and that is regardless if you have the Q or not. Reloads with the Q are very fast and quiet. I've never been eliminated while reloading. I believe you'll find that you won't have issues on the field.

#9 User is offline   Mr. Accurate 

• 2000 paintballs = 2000 players eliminated
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:beckett

Posted 09 December 2007 - 01:14 PM

i love mine....... now at least. i had to wrap the silver ring with electrical tape about a couple times but it aint go'in nowhere now. i set mine to three round burst (because three balls are more likely to hit someone than one ball, and paintballs aren't that accurate).

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Mr. Accurate: 09 December 2007 - 01:20 PM

sr-ambusher"sniper" #21
smart parts owner#129
ion Q-bow owner
tippmann owner #14
- JAK -

#10 User is offline   T-RAN 

• Brrr its cold in here, must be a T-RAN in the atmosphere
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-RAN

Posted 09 December 2007 - 01:23 PM

Its either you love it or you hate it and I personally am more on the disliking end and I am in the proccess of trying to sell it, and even though it is "low porfile" I just don't perfer it.

T-RAN
CCI Phantom Owner
Tippmann (A-5) Owner #8
Spyder MR owner #27
If we can't do it, it doesn't need to be done! - {Sabre Motto}
Christian Paintballer

#11 User is offline   Sniper Hunter19 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 December 2007 - 01:54 PM

Technically speaking the Q-loader is more efficient but the x-7 is like an a5 without any bugs plus i think it looks sweeter with the stock hopper plus why would u shoot upside down?

Also there is no point in firing from the side but whatever u do i dont care

#12 User is offline   MotoSL 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 09 December 2007 - 04:12 PM

View PostSniper Hunter19, on Dec 9 2007, 02:54 PM, said:

Technically speaking the Q-loader is more efficient but the x-7 is like an a5 without any bugs plus i think it looks sweeter with the stock hopper plus why would u shoot upside down?

Also there is no point in firing from the side but whatever u do i dont care

I know that it sounds weird; perhaps a little personal history is in order.

I have alot of years in the service... I was trained in CQB/infantry tactics using either magazine fed or belt fed ammunition small arms. If you know anything about the concept of training and "muscle memory" you will understand where I'm coming from. My expectations of a weapon (or marker) is such that when I squeeze that trigger there will absolutely, positively be a round (or ball, I guess) there. Being vigilantly aware that tilting my marker to the side when the balls are low will cause a "dry fire" goes against my training and screws me up. I've only been playing paintball for a year and I've been in the service for 12.... I figured that a good remedy would be to return to the "magazine" feeding style of the Q-loader, you know? That's why marker orientation is a big factor in my style of play.... I'm a brain-washed military veteran...ha-ha.

If your complaint against the Q-loader is more aesthetic than functional, I guess that are values are a bit different.

I do appreciate your comments, though. If you could, please elaborate on the functionality of the cyclone feeder vs. the Q-loader.

~van

#13 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 09 December 2007 - 04:24 PM

The Q-Loader is a love/hate deal. If you can get it to work properly, its great but the second you have issues, you will absolutely hate it. If you break a ball in the Q-pod, its done and you can't use it until you can wash it and let it dry, they aren't cheap, sometimes they won't release when you lock them into the Q-loader, they are time consuming when it comes to loading, if you break paint in the hose connecting the pod and the marker, you are done and have to break it done to clean it.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#14 User is offline   commander mike 

• the door is locked now but its open if your true - Metallica
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:commander mike

Posted 09 December 2007 - 04:32 PM

My friend has a Q-loader on his Promaster and it works great. I have more problems with my Halo than he does with his Q.
Posted Image
Friends dont let friends shoot .50 cal... - The Stuntman

#15 User is offline   Kodiak 

• Captain DHP
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 December 2007 - 09:36 PM

View PostKnightwolf16, on Dec 9 2007, 04:24 PM, said:

The Q-Loader is a love/hate deal. If you can get it to work properly, its great but the second you have issues, you will absolutely hate it. If you break a ball in the Q-pod, its done and you can't use it until you can wash it and let it dry, they aren't cheap, sometimes they won't release when you lock them into the Q-loader, they are time consuming when it comes to loading, if you break paint in the hose connecting the pod and the marker, you are done and have to break it done to clean it.

Break a ball in a Qpod...You take it a part and you clean it with water, dry it out and your back in business. You use other Qpods until then.

Qpods aren't cheap...Each Qpod is a loading system in and of its self. You have to take that into consideration. If you buy in multiples of 6 they are cheaper than buying one at a time.

Sometimes they won't release...Not true, The Qloading loading system is not a plug and play system. It requires some patience and mechanical ability to setup and use.

They are time consuming to load...Qpods take longer to load than a standard pod. You can reload faster than a hopper and pod.

If you break paint in the hose...You are not done, you do have to break it down and clean it. It is very rare with new, good quality paint to have a break in the feed hose, even after a hit to the hose.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users