• You cannot reply to this topic

X7 Phenom Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Animal Mother 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:///Animal Mother///

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:32 PM

Just a friendly warning...when you ask for players opinions...you will surely get them...lol

Now...having said that...my opinion is...get the X7.

Like alot of folks on here, I own several different guns, but I keep coming back to my Tippmanns. For me, it's personal preference, and when it comes to buying a new gun, the same applies to you. In other words, no matter what "we" say...the choice is "yours"...and in the end...it's you that needs to be happy with your next purchase.

Good luck, and happy hunting.

:)

#32 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:04 PM

The Phenom is not even NEAR the same boat as the Geo.

In almost all cases, you get what you pay for in paintball.

Geo=$900
Phenom=$400

Honestly, I don't know how this debate has gone on. I am pretty sure there is a reason why pro teams are using Planet Eclipse markers over a Tippmann.

The only negative drawback you could have with the Geo is that it is loud...but so are tippmans.

Wow.

#33 User is offline   Animal Mother 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:18 PM

View Post5N1P3R, on Mar 9 2010, 10:04 PM, said:

In almost all cases, you get what you pay for in paintball.

You don't need to spend $900 on a gun to get proformance.

Any paintball gun, in the hands of a player with good skills can be effective. That includes pump guns.

As I clearly stated in my original post, this is all just opinion, but since you are leaning more towards turning this into a debate, then so be it.

Your G-whateverthehellitscalled, I'm sure is a fine paintball gun, but if it's out of someones buget, or if the buyer feels a high end is a bit on the complex side, then I'd say the X7 is a better choice.

#34 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:50 PM

Animal, I kind of agree with you. There is a reason wh pro teams aren't using tippmanns.

But in the OP he says he doesn't know which to get, but then later says he can get whatever one he wants. Never once does he sat it is out of budget. And a geo compared to any marker with a cyclone feed will have less maintence.

#35 User is offline   trustme 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tippywoodsballin

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:43 PM

I have kept track of this thread since the beginning and honestly the guy has his mind set on the phenom. Many of us have told him go with one of his other "options" but everytime he shoots the idea down with the phenom characteristics. Dude buy what you want and enjoy it, buy what your comfortable with and have confidence in.
setups=BT TM-7, Double Trigger, Lapco 12" apex ready, Apex barrel, Rotor
Infinity legend, 68/45, cp reg, new designz asa

#36 User is offline   Animal Mother 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:37 PM

View Post5N1P3R, on Mar 10 2010, 12:50 AM, said:

Animal, I kind of agree with you. There is a reason wh pro teams aren't using tippmanns.

5N1P3R, good, I'm glad you finally see the light...lol...just kidding dude.

As far as pro teams go, that is neither here, nor there. Never once in the OP, did he say he was going PRO.

Anyway, just like the last member said above me "buy what you want and enjoy it"

#37 User is offline   xWashburnx 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:00 PM

View Posttrustme, on Mar 9 2010, 11:43 PM, said:

I have kept track of this thread since the beginning and honestly the guy has his mind set on the phenom. Many of us have told him go with one of his other "options" but everytime he shoots the idea down with the phenom characteristics. Dude buy what you want and enjoy it, buy what your comfortable with and have confidence in.

Actually.... i think i might go with a SLG.... Proto makes some pretty good stuff
Put this in your sig if your a boss....

#38 User is offline   xWashburnx 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:05 PM

BTW i never really expected this to go this big... haha..... anyway keep it up if you want but if you need to know my price tag is up to $1000...

and like i said... im seriously considering an SLG... fast, simple, and easy to clean....

#39 User is offline   trustme 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tippywoodsballin

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:06 PM

if thats what you feel comfortable with then buy it even tho with a 1000 dollars to spend you definitly and i mean definitly are picking the lowest price/function marker in that kinda price range. Just a little knowledge many people have trouble with the reliability with the slg but if u just maintain it properly you "should" be alright.
setups=BT TM-7, Double Trigger, Lapco 12" apex ready, Apex barrel, Rotor
Infinity legend, 68/45, cp reg, new designz asa

#40 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:04 PM

View PostAnimal Mother, on Mar 10 2010, 08:37 PM, said:

View Post5N1P3R, on Mar 10 2010, 12:50 AM, said:

As far as pro teams go, that is neither here, nor there. Never once in the OP, did he say he was going PRO.

I am not reffering to if he is going pro.

Pro teams use the best. Thus, using markers like Geos. Not tippmanns.

And with a 1000 budget, an SLG? I highly reccommend something else. Dye/Proto had many many problems with those. Trust me, YouTube it. Take the step up and get the Proto Matrix Rail if your into that line of markers. It's a solid mid-range marker.

#41 User is offline   Animal Mother 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:46 PM

View Post5N1P3R, on Mar 12 2010, 12:04 AM, said:

Pro teams use the best. Thus, using markers like Geos. Not tippmanns.

Pro team, using Tippmanns: http://www.tippinators.com/

But really man, who gives a blah blah blah what the pros use?

#42 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:35 PM

I knew they were gonna be brought up haha. Do they even play x ball or anything?

#43 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:54 PM

View PostxWashburnx, on Mar 11 2010, 07:00 PM, said:

View Posttrustme, on Mar 9 2010, 11:43 PM, said:

Actually.... i think i might go with a SLG.... Proto makes some pretty good stuff

If I may recommend something. If you are going with a Proto, step up a little from the SLG and get a PMR.

PMR has a better board, grip frame, regulator, more options, and In my option is built better than the SLG. Sure you can only run HPA, but it's better for any gun to run HPA over CO2.

I have used, and owned quite a few guns, and nothing has compared to the quality and reliability that I have found in my PMR. Only real maintenance is lubing the bolt, and regulator from time to time.

Just my $.02.
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#44 User is offline   Animal Mother 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:31 AM

View Post5N1P3R, on Mar 12 2010, 01:35 AM, said:

I knew they were gonna be brought up haha. Do they even play x ball or anything?

If you knew it was coming, then why even bother pressing the subject?...anyway...

Look man, we are getting way off topic here. You have your opinion, and I have mine, let's just leave it at that. Reguardless, there is no right or wrong answer. It doesn't matter what gun a team, speedballer, woodsballer, or anyone plays with for that matter. Paintball comes down to personal preference. As for the author's original question, out of the choices he posted, I'd go with the X7. Why you ask? Because out of the 20 or so years that I've been playing the great sport of paintball, I've had very good luck with Tippmann products in gereral.

On a side note, if a "Pro" team was using Splatmasters, would you have the same stance?,

Or... are you just one of those.."I gotta have the fastest, coolest, more lights than an airport, more battery power than the space shuttle, most agg, paint slinging gat, with the biggest price tag on the planet"...kind of guy?

Just curious. :D

This post has been edited by Animal Mother: 12 March 2010 - 12:32 AM

#45 User is offline   xWashburnx 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:29 PM

I mistyped the $1000 price tag haha it was really 410 but i missed the 4 and added a 0

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users