Special Ops Paintball: The OK D-Day AAR Thread - Special Ops Paintball

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The OK D-Day AAR Thread Post up your thoughts, concerns, compliments, etc. Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   ike123 

• Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ike

Posted 23 June 2009 - 03:26 AM

View PostEkima, on Jun 22 2009, 12:57 PM, said:

View Postike123, on Jun 21 2009, 11:45 PM, said:

View PostEkima, on Jun 20 2009, 08:57 AM, said:

Well I would like to say thanks to the allies for making my first year at D-Day absolutly AWESOME! I would like to know though... was it the 82nd airborn that was stationed around coleville towards the pegasus bridge side? I snuck around with some guys and hit there flank and took out a guy with a flag on his back... instead of being mad this guy was a good sport and came over and congradulated me on the manuver.... seems like a guys I'd like to get to know... so if you know anything about that please contact me...

Ekima

That coulda been 101st, 82nd, or Commonwealth. What color shirt was he wearing?

its wasnt the commonwealth, as far as I remeber he had a regular camo... mebe marpat, someone said later it was probobly the 82, but I wasnt sure.... I think he had a eagle flag sticking out of his back

Well, I know Eric Engler (CO of the 101st) shook hands with every German that shot him out as he could.
Paintball isn't my hobby, it's my lifestyle. Go hard or go home.

#62 User is offline   Ekima 

• :Grin: I like it when you run!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:EKIMA

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:27 AM

do you know how I could contact him?

#63 User is offline   Digital Pirate 

• Commonwealth Expeditionary Force
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:DigitalPirate

Posted 23 June 2009 - 10:26 AM

He's on the D-Day Adventure Park Forums, you could also reach him through his website: www.englerpaintballguns.com/

#64 User is offline   jmoutlaw 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:thatjboy

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:05 PM

This was my Second D-Day, but first in a command role. I rolled with the Free French both years and it is always a blast.

My main gripe has to do with cheating, but not necessarily the players themselves, it leans more towards the refs. Case in point, SME during the last set of points got hit by a huge German onslaught and both sides were fairly well stalemated in their positions, but we still held the flag. Then one of the Germans runs up changes the flag while getting the poo lit out of him, the kicker is there were 3 refs not more than 20 feet from him that had him in plain view. They did nothing. The second instance that I saw was not 5 minutes later, after the cease fire was over another German player runs up and stands in front of the flag pole to provide cover for another guy to change it while we were lighting the living poo out of him. Blatant cheating, with refs looking on. I mean come on guys it really isn't that hard to catch something as big as that. I can understand that they don't catch all the wipers, and people playing on, but when it is clearly visible, there is no excuse. Honestly I've seen the same poo both years and it kinda makes me come to a conclusion that the game is rigged by the staff.

Other than that I had a great time, and I will be back next year for sure. But hopefully they get better paint, and refs.

#65 User is offline   ike123 

• Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ike

Posted 30 June 2009 - 07:53 AM

Thats the kind of thing that happens at every scenario. It really is mostly a player problem. The refs can only do so much to stop it.
Paintball isn't my hobby, it's my lifestyle. Go hard or go home.

#66 User is offline   VOZ 

• **GHOST**
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:**GHOST**

Posted 08 July 2009 - 02:43 AM

View PostJackRock, on Jun 16 2009, 07:43 AM, said:

View PostKrazy8, on Jun 15 2009, 06:17 PM, said:

Yes I saw poor sportsmanship...I was accused of breaking the rules when we engauged Germans in Cauhn after respawning right there. They said we could not, yet our ref told us it was fine...I have no idea who was truely right...but I tend to sid witht he guys in the Purple shirts who have been running the game far longer than I have been playing there!

This is a ref issue. You guys were NOT supposed to re-insert there, but I also have personally confirmed that you guys WERE told incorrectly by a referee. This is an issue I have already brought up to the game coordinators. So the problem lay not with the 1 CAN PARA (or any other Allied players), but with certain staff members.

JR - it most certainly wasn't 1 CAN PARA, b/c we weren't there. We did not fight in Caen - we went right past it. The 101 took Caen this year.

This post has been edited by VOZ: 08 July 2009 - 02:58 AM

#67 User is offline   VOZ 

• **GHOST**
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:**GHOST**

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:14 AM

View PostTiger, on Jun 22 2009, 01:50 PM, said:

Again, I'm gonna give some slack here because this thread wasn't intended for where it's gone now. That being said, MP, your numbers are wrong. "Allocated total players", and "actual showed up" always tend to be different not to mention that come Saturday most are still lower yet. I can't speak for the 'actual' numbers, as those are not being released yet, not on me to do it. But suffice it to say that I don't think anyone was blaming the 1st ID for not taking Omaha. Even in my post, I was telling him how much help he actually DID have around him. After which he turned it against me, blaming everyone else for not taking it instead. You'd think that being there for the taking of Utah, fighting your way to Omaha, and fighting all around it the rest of the day would be enough. :)

The numbers of 1st ID were closer to full than given credit. It's that crossing 1 single boat at a time, only to get destroyed in turn, that killed off the 1st ID's hopes this year. That needs to be changed back to where it was.

As for keeping too many people in the South, well there's a couple things wrong with that. First, Caen fell yes, but who ended up with the points? Germans. It needs to stay under control when the points count, not 15 minutes into the game. Having enough players there to effectively do that, part of that plan. Second, there are only so many places that the AB can be dropped off and marched back to without being decimated by the weather, distance, and opposition. Therefore, this time the South saw the bulk again. Finally, what you seem to be advocating on here, is the exact thing you posted negatively about elsewhere, the supposed "Airborne Man-hammer" that takes place. The forces can be assembled and run through from South to North easily enough. But at noon, do we all want to go back to camp, or keep playing. Way more goes into the overall planning than most know. If the intent was to just simply mass forces and steam-roll from one end to the other, it could have been done and has. But how many of the German team would have had fun, or more importantly even bothered to come back next year after that? This year's plan, if it went off correctly, would have been more balanced and spread out by design. As seen, it didn't go correctly everywhere and thus we lost.

The entire Allied effort can be to blame if anything. Every unit had other units fighting around and with them, there were no act-alone units that captured everything all alone. Sorry to disappoint those who think otherwise. Therefore, those that 'failed', didn't fail all alone either. In regards to Omaha in particular, the sheer numbers of units at that battle is staggering. Almost every one was represented, or there entirely.

Semantics Tiger. The "allocated" vs "actual" strength applies in equal force to all units on the field. What MP is talking about is unit allocation. The Allies again concentrated a disproportionate number of forces in AOR South (17% of total available points) when all the money is in AOR Centre (35% of total available points).

The notion that it is "too hard" to deploy elsewhere is not acceptable. If the players can't handle the terrain, they should not be in the AB. If the commanders cannot generate solutions to the logistics of deployment - like marching out instead of busing out - then we have a problem. The AB needs to be looking for ways to make alternative deployments easy to manage for the staff. Nobody is talking about a "manhammer". MP is talking about distributing the AB more equally around the field to allow the Allies to mount a credible challenge on more objectives, and deliver more support to the beaches earlier in the game.

Overall I thought it was a reasonable D-Day - not the best I have been to, but not the worst. The Ref Staff was my biggest complaint. They did not have a clue what was going on, and had a poor understanding of the rules. There were also not enough of them around to ensure the safety and security of players participating in the event. I was also deeply disappointed with on-site medical staff. We were fortunate to have three medics in our ORBAT, who got plenty of use treating players for many different units on all sides because the D-Day medics were absent or too lazy to do their job (in the Valley mini the medic in the Allied DZ wanted us to carry a guy with a broken leg down a cliff and back to the DZ, rather than go out himself to treat the casualty).

The paint was fine. I had no problems. Storage and proper care matters. My Rotor only jammed up a couple of times late in the day. Accuracy was generally good, if not great.

By far the best aspect of this year was work done on the facilities. Our camp area was clean, the grass trimmed, and the showers and other facilities well maintained (yes, it is sulfur water, get over it).

By far the worst aspect of this year was the atmosphere. Irresponsible leaderson both sides turned personal disputes into major political confrontations, and in so doing set a horrible example for the players they were leading. There were numerous examples of really poor judgement that caused unneccessary clashes. Thankfully, there were a select few leaders on both sides who worked hard to try to overcome all the residual angst that might otherwise have otherwise terminally posioned the event. I will be more than hapy to see the last vestiges of the "Old Guard" go, so we can put their drama behind us and get back to playing paintball.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users