• You cannot reply to this topic

Just joined in Des Moines Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   jeepinjason51 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:jeepinjason51

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:57 PM

Found this site while trying to locate groups for woodsball. Played alot when I lived in eastern Iowa but fell off pace when I moved back to Des Moines 2 years ago. Not much for public fields. I'd rather gather a group, buy my OWN paint and air, and go out on private ground with permission. Wondering what groups are around central Iowa. I am trying to organize my friends and get a game going out at my parents farm near Waukee. 120 acres, all pasture, timber, creeks, ravines. At the same time, I'd like to find some already organized groups to play with.
SP-1 P'Owner #21

#2 User is offline   Krylon 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:DeeT FreeK

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:55 AM

Well met there! I am part of a group of around ten or so guys that get together on a few acres of a mix of light timber/open built up terrain. Always looking out for people to shoot with, whether if its on our field or elsewhere. I don't know that you could call us organized, but we are a tight knit group that likes to go out and have fun. We really have not had the chance to pit ourselves against another full sized team as of yet. We tend to try out different scenarios to see how interesting they are as opposed to the normal capture the flag type games.

I have tentatively set a date for April 12 for our next outing, provided we have not received a ton of rain by then. My brigade profile has a few pics of our piece of ground posted if you want to check them out. Sounds like you have a good piece of land to utilize for playing. Feel free to give me a shout.

This post has been edited by Krylon: 26 March 2008 - 03:06 PM

#3 User is offline   jeepinjason51 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:30 PM

You guys sound like my kinda group. Dunno if I could make it the 12th, but I deffiantely want to make it out there sometime. How often do you guys go?
SP-1 P'Owner #21

#4 User is offline   Krylon 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:06 PM

Oh last year we got to the point we were out every week or every other week. Depending on everyones schedules, you could count on every other week for sure.

I actually just kinda threw that date out there today. I haven't run it by anyone yet, but I know that the sooner I get the word out to everyone, the better off they are in making the plans ahead of time. Once we get into a groove, we normally set the next date before everyone splits from the field.

I do also try to get it posted on locator as soon as I know for sure what days we go out too. Get one or two hits from new people once n awhile, checking things out. We show them as good of a time as possible.

#5 User is offline   RDmem3 

• 1st PID Brigade Cmdr
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:1stPIDCmdr

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:20 PM

Theres alot of teams out there across the state, with season coming back in soon in Iowa, these forums should light up soon. :rolleyes:

#6 User is offline   jeepinjason51 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:21 PM

View PostRDmem3, on Mar 26 2008, 06:20 PM, said:

Theres alot of teams out there across the state, with season coming back in soon in Iowa, these forums should light up soon. :D

I hear ya there. My other hobby is coming into season too, and that one keeps me really busy. I just wish wish it would fricken stop raining and dry up a little so I could do some work in my field.
SP-1 P'Owner #21

#7 User is offline   Krylon 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:37 AM

Yeah umm I had my head up my rear, I said the 12th. We go out on Sundays, not Saturdays. 6th, 13th, 20th one of those days....should know by the end of the weekend for sure.

#8 User is offline   RDmem3 

• 1st PID Brigade Cmdr
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:1stPIDCmdr

Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:29 PM

And if you ever stop by Adventure Park Paintball on saturdays during the season, you will find the 1st PID there playing everytime.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users