Special Ops Paintball: Tiberius 8 vs. Tippmann's new TPX - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tiberius 8 vs. Tippmann's new TPX sidearm dilema Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   TeleFragger 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 January 2010 - 09:46 AM

wow just read this entire thread....

good info all over the board...

now my question.. I could start another debating thread...

but this one is TPX vs T8

what about the TPX vs T8.1

the 8.1 with first strike rounds seems nice as a secondary weapon..... and seems they have fixed alot of issues the t8 had... expecially the co2 changing....

any people that said TPX change their mind to the 8.1 yet? if cost isnt the big factor...
*********Feedback**** click on a link below
-------Specops-------------MCB

#32 User is offline   TeleFragger 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:32 PM

also remember tac 8 with second clip is only $99 at pepperball.com.. got me a blue on one the way
*********Feedback**** click on a link below
-------Specops-------------MCB

#33 User is offline   edtoro 

• Street Ghost Urban Camo User.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackOpsDrake

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:35 PM

First Strike Rounds FTW!!! only reason why I would buy a Tiberius. Only down side is again the cost, but considering you wont be laying soo much paint witha pistol that wont be much of a problem... I think I like more the T4, its a rifle. Besides, it looks to me it still isnt in production. Have you seen the website??? Not much info and frankly the pictures look like cheap photoshops.

By the way, has anyone confirmed if the PX can run on HPA or Nitro thru the remote?
Posted Image

Official Saber Recognition Group:#796
Furthermore - if you are "deuce-ing" during a game, you have more things to worry about than camo kneepads. - ger
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

#34 User is offline   kaosukoden 

• Aim first
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kaosukoden

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:04 AM

I've been reading through this post because I googled T8 vs TPX and this came up... I'm considering getting a second pistol. I love my T8, I've had it for a couple years now, and use it every game. It seems to me that this is a Ford vs Chevy, or Pepsi vs Coke, or Starbucks vs Dunkin' Donuts. They're all freak'n good and they're all freak'n bad. pick your side and defend. :) The reason I was looking into the TPX is because I have yet to see one, and I don't know how much better/worse it could be. The only thing I don't like about my T8 is trying to run with it in the holster. I think it's because I'm using a molli set up, and it's just not comfortable. I'm about to start looking into better ways of holstering it. As for the clips, yes, they are expensive, but if I go into a game and plan on playing for 30-45 min, and know that my role is not a heavy gunner, I'm not gonna have an issue with my 4 mags. 4 mags is 32 shots in and of itself. I also have 8 little pods that can hold up to 10 paintballs each, they're less bulky than a clip, and obviously less expensive (i got them free with my cheap $20 walmart pump.) filled with 8 rounds each, I can effectivly reload all four clips two times giving me 96 total shots. Not once did I have to replace a 12gram, heck, I didn't even have to carry the clinking metal canisters in a pocket, increasing my stealth and agility. My favorite functionality about the t8 clips are the ejection system. by using a small blast of the CO2, my mag ejects right out of my gun, and clear away, so I can use my other hand to grab another mag and insert it before it's too late and i miss a shot. yes I have to go find my stinking mag a few min/sec later, BUT, i took out the oposition making it so I can. Also. the T8 is extremely accurate. I can attest to the fact that it's saved my butt using ONE shot where my a5 wasted 30. And when it all comes down to it, get the 8.1 or the conversion kit and go with first strike. first strike will drastically increase the accuracy (which is already quite impressive.) my primary guns are a Tippmann 98c and a Tippmann A5, but I've never had to call Tippmann for anything because most of thier parts can be purchased just about anywhere. My Tiberius lost it's regulator spring the first time I used it, and at the time, there was NO WHERE i could find one. I called Tiberius Arms, and not only did he send me the spring first class mail, but when the first one was the wrong one (which he charged me $2 for) he refunded my money, and overnighted me the right spring. 1st Class Customer Support if you ask me.

I'm not saying don't buy a TPX, I'm not even saying go buy a T8. I'm saying I love my T8, and if you play anything like me, you would too. I think I will get another T8 based on the fact that the TPX is awesome, but so is the T8.

#35 User is offline   Private Silver 

• Das poomp
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Private Silver

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:09 PM

View Postedtoro, on 25 January 2010 - 10:35 PM, said:

First Strike Rounds FTW!!! only reason why I would buy a Tiberius. Only down side is again the cost, but considering you wont be laying soo much paint witha pistol that wont be much of a problem... I think I like more the T4, its a rifle. Besides, it looks to me it still isnt in production. Have you seen the website??? Not much info and frankly the pictures look like cheap photoshops.

By the way, has anyone confirmed if the PX can run on HPA or Nitro thru the remote?

Why exactly wouldn't it be able to? As long as the remote can handle it, which I don't see why you wouldn't be able to, It's at a constant reg pressure coming from the tank at only around 800 ish psi, as opposed to 1200 from a fresh 12ie. Being a pistol, I can't imagine the bolt being heavy enough to require that extra oomph, and if it did, you wouldn't get The max amount of shots.
Posted Image
SO Feedback +2/ E-bay feedback +14

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users