Special Ops Paintball: pellet guns and airguns (not airsoft...) - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

pellet guns and airguns (not airsoft...) who is into it? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• LVL 0 Human class flanker-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:20 PM

I enjoy shooting .177 pellets and copper BBs.... just picked up a nice .22 caliber Pellet airgun, from 1957-1962 (i think this one is 60s vintage for sure) a Crosman Model 400 Repeater.......here are the pix!
Posted Image

top view of the bolt action and feed system, thing with red cap is the 10 round magazine....lol...
Posted Image

close up of magazine and feed arm system, that bar of metal with the twist, is the cam for the P shaped feed arm, when i pull bolt back, it turns, the P arm goes up and receives the .22 pellet from the magazine, then when push bolt forward, the P returns into the breech...innovative idea!!! one should enlarge it for a .68 caliber version, for the FS rounds! (might be a wee bit much machining to do...)
Posted Image

front quarter view of the lower tube.....interesting thing about this lower tube...it is a dual CO2 system, front cap has a pierce pin, valve body is a shoot-to-pierce..essentially this is a crosman valve, or the VERY early SHERIDAN valve...
Posted Image

the cool thing about this is that, the valve tube's disassembly is identical to the assembly manual of a NELSON 707 (not 007) that has very much the same valvetrain system, a crosman trigger frame, and a .68 cal top barrel with similar feed system, but simpler for round balls.... so now i got an idea brewing in my head..since the barrel tube and the valve tube are separate assemblies, might do a cool thing.....otherwise, i am gonna refinish the metal, find replacement O-rings and parts, and hope i can get it to shoot .22 pellets :D great for a varmint up-close hunting....or plinking in general
Team Black Sheep, Oregon Division
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable " - /-wear me!?

#2 User is offline   dextonik 

• Grrrrrrr, ARRRG
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:dex.

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:47 PM

WAIT! they have .22 cal pellets? god I'm way behind the times. when did this happen?
If you can't hack it, then I suggest you pack it!
I'm on it like white on rice, with a glass of milk in a snow storm.
Doesn't matter what gun you have, as long as you can hit what you're looking at.
Procrastinators of the world unite...TOMORROW

#3 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:50 PM

apparently back in 1957.........according to Crosman's history site, the Model 400 CO2 pellet gun was made between 1957 and 1962.

OH YEAH. forgot the price. $10 was the selling price for it...at a FLEA MARKET out here...gotta love them!

This post has been edited by CamoDeafie: 06 September 2009 - 10:56 PM

ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach

#4 User is offline   MaDuce 

• Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MaDuce

Posted 06 September 2009 - 11:08 PM

Almost embarresed to say, but I bought a Crosman 760 Pumpmaster. Played around with it for a week, then shoved it under my bed, never to be used again. I took it out a month ago to clean and lube it and I can't put it back together. GAH, I hate clamshell halves. I YouTubed how to reassemble the trigger mechanism, but aligning the bolt with the charging handle has me stumped. It looks easy, but then you realize it won't work.
"Its very hard to grasp the idea at first but once you accept it, it makes A LOT of sense!" -- Minnesota Sn1p3r on conspiracy theories
"Everyone instantly jumps the conclusion that the government is out to get us." -- SWAT SAINT
"Bad Duce, bad." -- Ace-014
"Good man, Duce, good man." -- Tryon
"Also accepting female snipers." -- Lt.Col.Vortex

#5 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 September 2009 - 11:11 PM

why embarrassed to say? certain pellet guns have been used for competition :D (Walther...........as well as Gamo and other high end pellet shooters)
ex-gunwhore

#6 User is offline   MaDuce 

• Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MaDuce

Posted 07 September 2009 - 01:39 PM

View PostCamoDeafie, on Sep 6 2009, 11:11 PM, said:

why embarrassed to say? certain pellet guns have been used for competition ;) (Walther...........as well as Gamo and other high end pellet shooters)

No, no, not that I bought one, the fact I took it apart and can't re-assemble it! :laugh:
"Its very hard to grasp the idea at first but once you accept it, it makes A LOT of sense!" -- Minnesota Sn1p3r on conspiracy theories
"Everyone instantly jumps the conclusion that the government is out to get us." -- SWAT SAINT
"Bad Duce, bad." -- Ace-014
"Good man, Duce, good man." -- Tryon
"Also accepting female snipers." -- Lt.Col.Vortex

#7 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:25 PM

lol reminds me of when i took apart a 98 the first time..and couldnt reassmeble it because i had forgotten which pin was into which hole lol
ex-gunwhore

#8 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:43 PM

i enjoy shooting my daisy lever action pelet gun in the yard. keeps the squirrles outta the garden and what not.
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#9 User is offline   TheEnd 

• I am the who when you call "Who's there?"
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheFear07

Posted 07 September 2009 - 08:54 PM

I had a winchester 1000x for a while, but I traded it for a .22 magnum. That was one mean pellet gun though.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.- Emo Philips
I don't drink these days. I'm allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs. Robert Downey Junior
Now and then I announce "I know you're listening to empty rooms". If I'm wrong then no one knows, and if I'm right, Maybe I just freaked the hell out of some secret organization.

#10 User is offline   dextonik 

• Grrrrrrr, ARRRG
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 September 2009 - 03:55 PM

Hmmm. Yet another toy for me to go and buy. this will really thin out the alley cat population Muah ha ha ha ha
Doesn't matter what gun you have, as long as you can hit what you're looking at.

#11 User is offline   dextonik 

• Grrrrrrr, ARRRG
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:03 PM

View PostCamoDeafie, on Sep 7 2009, 03:25 PM, said:

lol reminds me of when i took apart a 98 the first time..and couldnt reassmeble it because i had forgotten which pin was into which hole lol

Been there done that. except mine was the a-5 and I had the springs backwards and could'nt figure out why the tombstone latch was sooo loose. took it to a airsmith and he gave me the your an idiot look. I figured that since I'm a guy I don't need no stinking directions on how to put it back together. well apperently I do need directions. yet another thing to check off on the list of things I was wrong about.

#12 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:57 PM

well this is EPIC.... for those who follows classic/antique paintball guns, specifically you brass whores and MCB members....this is the same guy highlighted as the one who made the Mac-1 Annhilator and MAC-1 series sheridan valved markers long time ago....also the same guy who built the mythical beast i believe...before cutting barrels down to 13 inches instead of the longer ones they wanted for the K series....

Steven,

If you're having problems, I suggest that you contact Tim McMurray at Mac-1 airgun. He will be able to fix the gun for you. Archer Airguns doesn't offer a repair service. Please tell Tim that I referred you to him.

Best regards,
Stephen Archer
Archer Airguns Inc.

This post has been edited by CamoDeafie: 10 September 2009 - 05:58 PM

ex-gunwhore

#13 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:08 PM

Steven Blankenehim wrote:

I have a 60s era Crosman 400 .22 airgun that has a 10 round magazine, dual co2 tube, it has a leak, i tried taking it apart myself, only got as far as separating the tubes and being able to put it back together....unable to get the valve out of it.....is there a manual or special tool and instructions on taking the valve out so i can maybe put in a QB series valve/hammer combo?

I don't sell tools or manuals.

(this one has the cast trigger group, not like the earlier 400s) another question....since your name came up in discussion of paintball history.....I wonder if you are aware of the Nel SPot 707 series which seems to use the Crosman 160 lower tube?

No I'm not aware of that.

how feasible is it to modify the QB valve or the original 400 valve (or the hot valve?) to push a paintball out of a 14 inch or 11 inch barrel? I have a machinist who is willing to make me a PB barrel with a rimfire sheridan style bolt (PGP) for the crosman rifle, without making it impossible to return it to airgun specs...I recall someone stating that you wont have anything to do with sheridan paintball guns except for the ones that you made/converted decades ago?

Basically I'm out of the PB business. Can't handle the consumer attitude. I will service what I have made and any other Sheridan based painball guns only. Not interested in doing any development or custom work unless it involves burning up my available spares like Annihilator barrels and Delrin pumps.

how much would it cost to refurbish, replace seals, maybe hot valve, the rifle in its stock form?

$55 plus shipping.

Later

Tim

aw :huh:
ex-gunwhore

#14 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 26 September 2009 - 12:03 PM

about a month ago when i was doing security at a show.. someone pointed out some kids were shooting bottles behind the building w a bb gun... we went up there.. took their guns.. and since i cant really use a bb gun where i live.. i gave it to my girl friends step dad.. who is a nut....

the other day he found a nest in his pile of wood.. grabbed one by the tail.. slammed it against the pile.. pumped 5 rounds into it and tossed it in the woods..

that man is crazy...

This post has been edited by SO45615: 26 September 2009 - 12:06 PM

Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#15 User is offline   Sniper Cowboy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Christian Cowboy

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:25 PM

I like Gamo's products a lot. Well built and they shoot accurate. Pretty tough too.
"Go get my flamethrower." Doc of the Whiteboard Webcomic

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users