• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

9oz has to be re hydro tested? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 27 June 2010 - 11:09 AM

my friend was told by the air attendant that his 9oz needs to get rehydro tested next month..

now if i remember correctly... they dont? i was not there and i did not hear the full on reason and what not, but its the 9oz tank he got with his 98 custom power pack...

this something new, am i that out of the loop?, or is this hippie making stuff up?
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#2 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:16 PM

I believe it has to do with the style of the tank. I have a 9oz that has a convex bottom (bubbles out) and says it doesn't need hydro testing. The newer ones with a concave or a flat bottom do need it.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#3 User is offline   Tenacious221 

• ELITE Member, now with matching elite patch!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Tenacious221

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:16 PM

yeah they do, there should be a stamp on the bottom of the tank into the metal itself. RARELY there's a spot on the sticker with the born on date.

logically though, you're better off buying a new 9oz than paying 30 bucks for it to be hydrotested :P

-Tenacious

#4 User is offline   Gilla 

• Action shot!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gilla

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:15 PM

I thought there was a two inch rule. Under two inch diameter didn't need testing. You learn something new everyday, I can now go to bed. :P Thanks Puz and Tenacious!

Edit: smily

This post has been edited by Gilla: 27 June 2010 - 01:17 PM

Who flung poo?

#5 User is offline   Spitfire151 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 27 June 2010 - 04:05 PM

I have a very old 9oz that has the rounded base, they don't need re-hydroed from everything I have read. However, the newer cheaper made tanks with the flat bottoms (they feel lighter) will need this. I know this bc I recently bought two and they clearly say it on the sticker. =) But if you goto Dick's no matter what the attendant will probably tell you they need re-hydroed whether they're exempt or not. They just cover their a**es. That's if they check lol I've read most do not.

This post has been edited by Spitfire151: 27 June 2010 - 04:05 PM

SpecOps Feedback
SpecOps Products owned: Scout Vest; Two Custom Vests; Collapsable Pod Loader; Allied and Axis Bandanas; Remote Line and Hopper covers.
Reviews: Spec Ops Custom Vest
Mods: Minor Mask Mod

#6 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:00 AM

View PostGilla, on Jun 27 2010, 04:15 PM, said:

I thought there was a two inch rule. Under two inch diameter didn't need testing. You learn something new everyday, I can now go to bed. :huh: Thanks Puz and Tenacious!

Edit: smily

Correct. CO2 tanks under 2" in diameter and also under 2' tall are exempt from hydro, assuming they have the right DOT code. But usually they all are...just remember even if the tank is 3 years old and it's exempt from hydro doesn't mean to use it if it looks unsafe. At that point spend the $20 on a new tank. But in general, 3.5 oz, 4 oz, 7 oz, and 9 oz tanks are all exempt from hydro. As long as the tank isn't busted, dinged or whatever, fill away. Just understand like was stated above a field can deny filling a tank even if it is exempt. They can make whatever calls they want about safety, so if they say they wont fill it, tough....print up the listing on the DOT site and show it to them, maybe that will change them
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#7 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:11 AM

I thought 9 oz were exempt too. Both aluminum and steel. However I think they have a shelf life of maybe 15 years.

#8 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:37 AM

The only way to know is to compair the DOT stamp and find out....I had a link once upon a time...grrrr

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users