Special Ops Paintball: Need suggestions, fixing up the truck - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Need suggestions, fixing up the truck need sending in the right direction. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   C0N0R 

• whose the guy who horked our clothes eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Mad Sabre

Posted 08 November 2009 - 04:53 PM

Alright, so i googled and am lost and confused.

I have a 1993 Chevy 1500, with 4WD and the 5.7l 350 V8 with an extended cab.

i'm looking for some sort of suspension kit with less body roll, but i hear anti-roll bars are bad for offroading? Also, should i be looking for a coil-over conversion? but i also dont want any lift, just better ride quality, if i had to i could live with 1 or 2 inches.

Im not sure what would be the best place to go for something specific like this, but im sure SOMEONE here knows.

thanks guys.
SO's own Guitar player/luthier (builder), ask me any questions about guitars or guitar building.
brownie points-15
Gear- Jackson DX10D with OFR, Tremol-no, and concentric pots. Schecter omen 6 with... wait.. wrong forum..
Hope you plan on keeping it, resale on big pickups is dropping faster than your mom's skirt-aqua__scummm

#2 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 08 November 2009 - 05:13 PM

I am a guy that hates body roll in a truck. You don't need a lift kit, just buy a good set of shocks.

Proper shocks will depend on what type of ride you like and what kind of tires you are using. If you are using 6 ply AT's then a set bilstein shocks will make a big difference. However with 8 ply then these shocks will be horrible because you will feel every bump in the road. Monroe sensi-trac is a nice soft ride with good road response, cheap and the minimum I recommend. Rancho 5000 are stiff and again a rough ride. Rancho 9000 are adjustable ride and nice.

This post has been edited by slinkyaroo: 08 November 2009 - 05:27 PM

#3 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 08 November 2009 - 05:45 PM

Sway bars are bad for off-roading because they decrease your 'flex' (Wheel travel), however it's common practice just to disconnect them when you get on the trail and reconnect them on the way home. But if you do, invest in a pair of quick-disconnects for the bars, that'll save you LOADS of trouble and a set is only $50 or so.

As for new shocks, they'll help your ride quality a LOT. I'm personally quite partial to Old Man Emu, but I don't know what they do for Chevy (Their focus is Toyota and Jeep). Rancho, Skyjacker and Rubicon Express are also good, durable shocks. Skyjacker is your best bang for the buck, Rancho are the best on the road, Rubicon Express will generally be the best off-road. (OME are the best outright, but also the most expensive).

#4 User is offline   C0N0R 

• whose the guy who horked our clothes eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mad Sabre

Posted 08 November 2009 - 07:00 PM

alright im checking those brands out now.

any suggestions on what type/brand of anti-roll bar to get?
SO's own Guitar player/luthier (builder), ask me any questions about guitars or guitar building.
brownie points-15
Gear- Jackson DX10D with OFR, Tremol-no, and concentric pots. Schecter omen 6 with... wait.. wrong forum..
Hope you plan on keeping it, resale on big pickups is dropping faster than your mom's skirt-aqua__scummm

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users