• You cannot reply to this topic

Getting back into paintball Minimag still operational Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ASLANPRIME

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:31 AM

Well, I've been out of the game since the summer of 2007.

I got the minimag out yesterday and today thought I'd air it up and see if it was still working.

I was pretty disappointed at first because it wouldn't fire. :o I figured it was frozen from sitting so long, so I took apart most of the valve and oiled it up good. Put it back together and still nothing.

Then I started moving it around, tapping it...and it fired once or twice. Then I remembered that for some reason the Minimag doesn't "like" my 12" SS Boa barrel. I don't know why, but for some reason it won't fire with that barrel in the gun. So I switched out the barrel and everything fired great!!

The only problem is my warpfeed wasn't performing very well. Not sure if I need to adjust it or if it's just from sitting or what. I switched in a new battery and it worked a little better, but still disappointing. I sure hope I can get the warp to perform because I like the profile of the gun with the hopper down.

So now it's time to just wait for the weather to get better, maybe take it to the field in April. I have a lot of barrels laying around that I'd like to try with it, hopefully I won't have a repeat of the problem with the SS Boa.

Attached File  mini100_6541c.jpg (137.04K)
Number of downloads: 8

This post has been edited by aslanprime: 06 March 2010 - 10:40 AM

Proto Matrix PM5, Toxic trigger, Shocktech clamping feedneck, Virtue Board, CP On/Off, Dye Dm4 Sticky Grips, 12" Long Shot barrel
Automaggot #26 MY WEBPAGE MY FEEDBACK GUNS FOR SALE MY BRIGADE PAGE CHEAPEST PAINTBALLS ONLINE

#2 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:36 AM

great .... so do you primarily play woods, or speedball, or outlaw, what i call factory ball... where you play in old unused buildings

#3 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:07 PM

View Postklaatu, on Mar 6 2010, 12:36 PM, said:

great .... so do you primarily play woods, or speedball, or outlaw, what i call factory ball... where you play in old unused buildings

Mostly woodsball at a field in the area. I've played just about every kind, didn't like speedball very much. Outlaw and factory can be fun if you can find the right place and get people to actually show up. But I like woodsball for the most part and as long as I don't go through too much field paint, it ca be affordable.
Proto Matrix PM5, Toxic trigger, Shocktech clamping feedneck, Virtue Board, CP On/Off, Dye Dm4 Sticky Grips, 12" Long Shot barrel
Automaggot #26 MY WEBPAGE MY FEEDBACK GUNS FOR SALE MY BRIGADE PAGE CHEAPEST PAINTBALLS ONLINE

#4 User is offline   82ndx 

• Facta Non Verba
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:82ndx

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:11 PM

That's wicked man. I haven't played in almost a year now due to injury. Should be good to get back out there eh? Best wishes with your return!

#5 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2010 - 01:06 PM

View Post82ndx, on Mar 6 2010, 02:11 PM, said:

That's wicked man. I haven't played in almost a year now due to injury. Should be good to get back out there eh? Best wishes with your return!

Yup, I'm looking forward to it. I took 2008 off saving for a family vacation and then in 2009 I started running 5Ks rather than doing paintball. Now I gotta find a way to run and play paintball which will take up more time and cost more money!! DOHT!!

Next on the paintball prep project list(s):
1) Field test Model 98
2) Field test Minimag
3) Re-hydro my out of date air tanks
4) Fix my PM5

Then I'm not sure. I'd like to make a silencer for my Trracer pump, but have thus far been unsuccessful. I'd like to put a flatline regulator on my 45/4500 tank, but I don't know if I can afford to blow $175 on that little project. And last on the list is my friggin 2K autococker that was forged by the devil and has frustrated me to within inches of insanity! I swear that thing will never work.

#6 User is offline   maniacmechanic 

• maniacmechanic
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MANIAC MECHANIC

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:05 PM

thier is a 45 flatline with tank here ; http://www.automags....ad.php?t=249400 , for 85$
Hank Emery aka maniacmechanic
Team MIXXED BREED
port st. lucie fla originally from West (BG) Virginia
ALL I own are MAG'S , AKA's & a Pump or 2

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users