Special Ops Paintball: Rain/ Drizzle play, like it/don't like why? - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rain/ Drizzle play, like it/don't like why? playing Saturday on wet field!!! maybe in light rain : ) Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Invictusone 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Invictusone

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:18 PM

the problem is that masks fog for the most part. and if they don't fog, they often collect water on the outside of the lens and obscure visibility that way.

I don't mind playing in the rain, but i would play in any weather personally.
I'm not out here to glorify myself
If you are a Christian paintballer add this to your signature
Automaggot 150
--------------------------------------------------------------
My feedback: http://forum.special...howtopic=184491

#17 User is offline   Quickened 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Michael M. AkA Quickened

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:10 PM

Well the weather man said 80% chance of rain/drizzle...not a bit today though until an hour after all the air was out and paint was gone, too funny, gear up for a rainy day and it was just water and mud puddles which made running a funny sight sometimes! loved reading all the replys wow some of that scenario play sounds incredible!!!

I'll have to remember all the advice particularly the covering the port holes on the barrel : )

All in all we had 4 great games today with 18 players.

And as far a snow goes I think it would be fun but too cold becomes problematic for my gun running CO2, the orings tend to shrink too causing seemingly crazy out of nowhere leaks : /

but fog whoa that would be too cool!!!

as stated earlier it just turned out to be a really nice sun shiny day of paintball!!! Had a blast.
Better-B-Ready or not here I come...

#18 User is offline   deltapaintball 

• Josh Foote
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:deltapaintball

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:15 PM

I've played in the rain quite a bit, and will do it if needed.

The worst story I have was at Skirmish in October of 2006. It was raining so bad, that it was coming down sideways. It rained all day, and when the sun went down, it turned to hail. Talk about suckage.
Coming soon.

#19 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:26 AM

I love the occasional summer rain... really changes up the game, and only the good people stick around

...otherwise, meh, I had my 3 years of playing hail/sleet/flood... its not worth getting sick.

#20 User is offline   randomness 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:randomness

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:25 AM

I have not had the opportunity to play in the rain yet (though I do manage to play in its after effects... mud anyone?)... But I normally enjoy rain to begin with so I wouldn't see why it would dampen my fun.
"I do as I please, ... , and believe me, what I do is always well done..." - The Count of Monte Cristo

Posted Image

#21 User is offline   Delta 047 

• Hurry up and wait.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Demosthenes

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:59 PM

most memorable game i played in the rain was a d-day senario, with me and my buddy blazing hell down the field to the objective cause very few ventured out into the rain. lesson i learned from my friend: water proof boots work both ways.
One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish.

#22 User is offline   D.B.D 

• Snipar4
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Snipar4

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:16 PM

I have played in the drizzle and the full out downpours. Middle of summer and just back a few days ago. Summer it's not too bad, but when you are playing in dark woods and the rain collects on your lense you tend to lose shapes behind dark bunkers. CO2 puffs often give away the players which adds an interesting surprise.

Porting is a no-no and can end with you feeling frustrated. Keep your paint dry and you can end up having a good day. I agree with as many towels that you can get, it helps.

Playing a few days ago, 4 vs. 4, I was able to flank the entire other team, but was a waste of paint due to not covering my porting. Tried sniping and that was useless as the balls curved left and right, but they couldn't see so I still had the advantage.
Aim for anything that is visible, most of my shots are either leg, elbow or head... that is if you see me first.

#23 User is offline   Paintsoldier 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:57 PM

I like to play the day after it has rained lightly and the grass is still damp (but the ground is mostly dry) because you can get some wicked length on slides/dives. Also, playing the day after usually doesn't have the thick humidity in the summer that a day of light rain normally would have. :)

At my favorite field there is a field that is set on a gradual hill w/ a couple of forts and lots of bunkers and it's sooooooooooo fun to superman/baseball slide down to the bottom when it's damp. :P So ready for warm weather....
a.k.a. old_school_player (techpb), paintsoldier (MCB), paintsoldier8 (PbN)

#24 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:02 AM

A video with some good rain game shots...if you look you can see the wind in the trees & flooded field. I wasnt there when this was filmed, but I have played this field in similar conditions. I actually saw someone lose a shoe in the mud...like LOST it, didnt get it back kinda lost.
Most of the playing area has enough ground cover & drainage to avoid flooding, but the back 3rd of the field can get a few feet of water in a bad storm.

PSIXnS1cmnw

This post has been edited by The Stuntman: 17 March 2010 - 08:31 AM

#25 User is offline   Quickened 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Michael M. AkA Quickened

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:03 AM

cool video!!!
Better-B-Ready or not here I come...

#26 User is offline   pntball sniper 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 17 March 2010 - 06:52 AM

Hate it. Love the nice weather especially the spring and fall when its perfect weather

#27 User is offline   Mehphisto 

• JUST A SMALL TOWN GIRL
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:24 PM

Prefer the nice weather, but if it's raining it's not really gonna stop me from playing.
Damn it feels good to be a gangster.

ELITESPORTS OT
The only original OT team

#28 User is offline   power500500 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:POWER SNIPE

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:17 AM

I played a game yesterday in the rain. Honestly I'm not too fond of rainy games but I dont mind. Yesterday I keep getting water in my barrel and balls were busting in it so my accuracy was shot..ha..shot..ehem nevermind...anyway if you add some fog it does become quite an epic experience. Fortunatly thats what saved it for me yesterday.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users