Special Ops Paintball: "10 things I hate about newbs". - Special Ops Paintball

• (38 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

"10 things I hate about newbs". Useful advice for your first game. Rate Topic: ****- 13 Votes

#406 User is offline   Run'n Gun 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:KOLTENMOLTEN

Posted 27 August 2007 - 02:19 PM

Im kinda a newbie and i dont do anything you posted. :mellow:

#407 User is offline   NOOBIEJUDGE 

• ^^^ OH YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH
  • PipPip

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:01 AM

:wacko: This is so true. :o

#408 User is offline   {R.A.U.}ThePoonisher 

• "Scary Instinct"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:{R.A.U.}ThePoonisher

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:04 AM

"sigh" All newbies want to be snipers. Guess what...your not.

{R.A.U.}ThePoonisher :P
- - ->Future A51 Baller<- - -

Come back to us when all this is over. There will always be a place for you here.
Will it ever be over? I replied.
Everything that has a beginning has an ending, he said.

#409 User is offline   isfyk 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Isfyk

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:58 PM

The problem I had when I first started was shooting when they were too far away. The first few weeks I play it was a couple guys from the local Coast Gaurd base. They have a semi-private field and taught me the basics, also they showed me that a pump can be better if you know what you're doing. After a while I go to a public field and there are two guy there when I get there and they are talking smack because I've only played a few times. They both challange me to a 1v1 game and I beat them both. They won when it was 2v1 though, but I got one of them.

#410 User is offline   SHOOTSWITHEYESCLOSED 

• ?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHOOTSWITHEYESCLOSED

Posted 04 September 2007 - 06:09 PM

Pet peeves / productive ideas
1. joining a team and everyone is just standing there with no game plan. Talk people! where are you going what are you doing? If you are team captain then be just that! Everytime, I have to generate conversation to figure out a gameplan.
2. If you are team captain and you pick your players make sure you remember who they are and don't shoot them in the back later.
3. If you have a plan commit to it. Everytime, I am being covered, my teammates disappear behind me and I am all alone up front. Don't be that guy.
4. Get to know your teammates names. If you have to call me "camo guy" or "jt jersey" it will not be affective on the field.
5. Do not, in an elimination game, hang back in the far back bunker. you are useless if you do this. We need maybe 1 guy back there not 7. There should be a name for people who do this. At the end of the game, it is like shooting fish in a barrel and they always surrender.
6. People who shoot like crazy in the first 30 seconds of game play on a huge field. You are wasting paint and air. Run like hell and get to a position. ( I was guilty of this one )
7. Asking someone to Surrender when you do not have the upper hand. They will shoot you.
8. Playing elimination all day long. There are many more games to play. mix it up. Most refs will enjoy a change of pace.
9. Do not bad mouth other players. There is a learning curve and if you haven't turned pro or semi-pro yet then umm... shut it.
10. Know a little something about your gear. If someone comes up to you and is interested in your barrel/hopper/stock etc. and you don't know what it is. Why do you have it then?

Pet peeves / productive ideas
1. joining a team and everyone is just standing there with no game plan. Talk people! where are you going what are you doing? If you are team captain then be just that! Everytime, I have to generate conversation to figure out a gameplan.
2. If you are team captain and you pick your players make sure you remember who they are and don't shoot them in the back later.
3. If you have a plan commit to it. Everytime, I am being covered, my teammates disappear behind me and I am all alone up front. Don't be that guy.
4. Get to know your teammates names. If you have to call me "camo guy" or "jt jersey" it will not be affective on the field.
5. Do not, in an elimination game, hang back in the far back bunker. you are useless if you do this. We need maybe 1 guy back there not 7. There should be a name for people who do this. At the end of the game, it is like shooting fish in a barrel and they always surrender.
6. People who shoot like crazy in the first 30 seconds of game play on a huge field. You are wasting paint and air. Run like hell and get to a position. ( I was guilty of this one )
7. Asking someone to Surrender when you do not have the upper hand. They will shoot you.
8. Playing elimination all day long. There are many more games to play. mix it up. Most refs will enjoy a change of pace.
9. Do not bad mouth other players. There is a learning curve and if you haven't turned pro or semi-pro yet then umm... shut it.
10. Know a little something about your gear. If someone comes up to you and is interested in your barrel/hopper/stock etc. and you don't know what it is. Why do you have it then?

#411 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 September 2007 - 11:14 AM

View PostTJO116, on Sep 24 2005, 10:09 PM, said:

those are actualy some very good tips to all the newbs out there...i remember my first game i was scared to leave the srating bunker...but when i did it was sooo much more fun...

-trav

Yeah, same here. I sat back and tried to hide to avoid getting shot. I still do this today.. Only as a sniper that's what you do.

:P
Posted Image

#412 User is offline   duckman_162 

• Deas Gu Cath
  • Pip

Posted 12 September 2007 - 11:45 AM

I personally don't have anything against new players,
I only every go out on to a field with 50 rounds and I still have a pretty good hit ratio, I really feel going through 200-500 during a game is very wasteful.
One thing I 'hate' about experienced players is using the word Newb, Noob or anything like that I've been to a few courses in the past while and the owner(s) will constantly call new people newbs and it drives me crazy.

#413 User is offline   sabertooth 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:sabertooth

Posted 17 September 2007 - 05:55 PM

Im still a newb, but learning quickly. I have to say all the experenced players have been nothing but great. I know sometimes I have stupid questions to experenced players, but if I dont know how will I learn if I dont ask. I have to say I have never shown up without enough paint, in fact I have given paint to players that have ran out. Plus I know not to take my mask off unless at the staging area. I just wanted to thank all you players that do take the time to help newbs. Thats all ;)
I don't get mad. I get even.

#414 User is offline   Delta Snagger 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 22 September 2007 - 10:51 AM

The “no 2 guns" suggestion isn’t always the case. If they’re going to go pump I suggest taking a pistol for really close engagements (like in buildings or bunkers), but if they are using a semi, then your right one is all you need.

#415 User is offline   wbsniper94 

• "what a man fears most is what he cannot see"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:wbsniper94

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:17 AM

Great Post. I may link to this on a regular basis. :alien:
SHAMELESS GUYS unite !!!!!!! PUZ for PREZ
Shameless guys quote #1: "Real men eat burgers, not pie or ikes, that's just an epic fail."

#416 User is offline   mapexgurl 

• aka code_red
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:code_red

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:52 AM

I'm still a newb too and these are great tips. A lot of them should be common sense, but you learn most people don't have much of that.

I had a guy with his mask up while we were playing. I told him he has to put it back down, even if his mask if fogging. If you move and get a good breeze the fog will usually go away. I've had to warn several kids that have played with us as well.

I play a lot of outlaw and it's a little difficult inforcing some things. We've had trouble with new people not going to the stageing area after they have been hit.

#417 User is offline   CrazyRuskii 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:CrazyRuskii

Posted 23 October 2007 - 07:31 PM

View Postduckman_162, on Sep 12 2007, 02:45 PM, said:

I personally don't have anything against new players,
I only every go out on to a field with 50 rounds and I still have a pretty good hit ratio, I really feel going through 200-500 during a game is very wasteful.
One thing I 'hate' about experienced players is using the word Newb, Noob or anything like that I've been to a few courses in the past while and the owner(s) will constantly call new people newbs and it drives me crazy.

Amen to that. I feel that you are a "newb/noob" if you do not pay attention, think your hot stuff, and do not care about learning from the experienced. We were all new at one point and honestly I like "new players", they are the big shots of tomorrow.

#418 User is offline   HYPESNIPE 

• your daymare
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:HYPESNIPE

Posted 29 October 2007 - 05:26 PM

here's a quick way to getting over fear of the paintball. so it's about closing time at our field, and there's only six guys left, total. he takes us out to one of the fields further away from staging, and the ref house, and says, "Alright, no teams, all vs. all. You get 10 seconds to spread out. NO outs, only if you're out of paint or air." so we played an entire game of pretty much mid to close range shooting, and getting hit multiple times.

98c Surgeon

#419 User is offline   Pink Panther_ 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Pink Panther_

Posted 30 October 2007 - 02:49 PM

Im a newbieish..the only thing I usually do..is forget who is on my team..Im getting better thoguh..yay..for me..lol :rolleyes: want to know why..cuz Im a minja

#420 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 10 November 2007 - 08:27 PM

This thread has gotten ancient and bloated, and is honestly quite redundant with the "Pet Peeves" thread. So I'm going to unpin it and close it now.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

Share this topic:

• (38 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users