• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

x chamber vs reg Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   GotPaintball 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:13 PM

Im new to paintball. I have a a5 with rt and wondering what would be better a reg or a x chamber?

#2 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:16 PM

Well I assume you are running with CO2 as your air source. Afterall if you are running HPA you really have no need for an expansion chamber.

Personally I would go for a regulator. Palmer's Pursuit Shop makes a line of regulators called Stabilizers that can handle CO2 rather well. The exact set up of you A5 will dictate what Stabilizer you use. However if your A5 is still bone stock I recommend a Male Stabilizer. They have a Male Stabilizer A5 kit that comes with everything you need.

The reason I would go with a regulator is because even with an expansion chamber you still have potential for velocity spikes. All an expansion chamber does is give the CO2 more room to expand before enter the marker's valve. You can still get unpredictable pressure variations as it goes from liquid to gas. With a regulator, you set the pressure coming out of it. That will make your shot to shot consistancy better. A Palmer's Stabilizer does have a 1,000 to 2,000 shot break in period. After it gets broken in though you will see a variation of +/- 5 FPS in your velocity. That is better than the +/- 10 to 20 FPS if running unregulated CO2.

#3 User is offline   M. Deth 

• Motopsycho
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MOTOPSYCHO

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:49 AM

Skip the expansion chamber. An x-chamber will give you a bit more consistency, a slightly better +/- at the chrono, and maybe even save a few shots worth of air.

Honestly, if you want the best addition you can get, go for the Palmer's Pursuit Shop Stabilizer. I just put one on my 98C, and I still can't believe my gun is still running on CO2. They have about 5 different versions of the stabilizer, so you can mount it anywhere you want. Here is a link to the actual A-5 Stabilizer kit. This setup will attach to the bottom of your grip and replace the stock tank adapter. If you want more of a x-chamber look, get this one.

Trust me, if you want your gun shooting as good as it ever can off of CO2, get a PPS Stabilizer. You won't believe how well your R/T works after installing the Stabilizer. With mine, I was able to unload an entire hopper of paint without a single R/T drop-out. Like I said, you'll have a hard time believing that your gun is still being powered on CO2.

I got the male Stabilizer w/ a guage & vinyl grip. Total was 118 + shipping. Not the cheapest upgrade, but consider this... On www.pbreview.com, it has more reviews than any other regulator listed. It is also the regulator with the highest average rating. It is worth the cash. It comes with good instructions on how to set it up without a gauge, but with one and a main spring kit, you can set your gun specifically for the temp you are playing in. That will maximize air usage, and help prevent "shooting solid".

This post has been edited by M. Deth: 02 April 2008 - 05:07 AM

"Born to bleed, fighting to succeed, built to endure what this world throws at me." - Hatebreed
Special Ops Brigade ID - 161556
Tunka.com - Join over 1600 Denver area players for FREE National Forest games.

#4 User is offline   GotPaintball 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:46 PM

Thanks for the advice

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users