Special Ops Paintball: Ion Q-Bow Question - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Q-Bow Question Having to do with positioning of the loader pods. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Phylter 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:11 PM

I'm just wondering if it's possible to mount the Q-Bow feed to the lower, angled part of the Longbow stock, so that the Pod points down and forward, relative to the stock. Point being to bring the mass to the rear of the marker, and shorten it down, similar to the bullpup concept. I attempted to mock-up an image, but Paint succeeded only in aggravating me. Umm...any help at all is appreciated. My main concerns are if the pod is angled enough to project below the grip, if the air-feed lines for air-through wouldn't be in the way, and if the pod adapter can clamp to the stock tubing.

#2 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:04 AM

View PostPhylter, on Mar 23 2009, 01:11 AM, said:

I'm just wondering if it's possible to mount the Q-Bow feed to the lower, angled part of the Longbow stock, so that the Pod points down and forward, relative to the stock. Point being to bring the mass to the rear of the marker, and shorten it down, similar to the bullpup concept. I attempted to mock-up an image, but Paint succeeded only in aggravating me. Umm...any help at all is appreciated. My main concerns are if the pod is angled enough to project below the grip, if the air-feed lines for air-through wouldn't be in the way, and if the pod adapter can clamp to the stock tubing.

Yes you can, similer to this:
http://hackedgadgets...-snipermag-mod/

But unlikely with standard fittings. You will most likely need a custom mount such as the CMS kit used in the above example.

#3 User is offline   Phylter 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:03 AM

Hmm, ok. I just saw the angled part of the Longbow stock, and thought to myself, "man, I wonder if you can put a Q-Loader there." Oh well.

#4 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:53 PM

I'm in less pain now from yesterdays shooting so can detail a bit more.

It is still possible. There was a marker listed that had the QLoader set as the stock but all the pictures appear to have gone.

The standard clamp is based on this mount:
Posted Image

The SpecOps QBow mount is this:
Posted Image

The QLoader CMS components are these:
Posted Image

The standard mount will need something for the loop to clamp onto. You could make some form of block like the QBow mount block, or the CMS lets you be flexible and clamp or bolt onto virtually any angle. It using a specific stock you need to ensure you have something secure to mount the receiver.

This post has been edited by Tommikka: 23 March 2009 - 01:56 PM

#5 User is offline   Phylter 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:24 PM

I see. So you just gotta be creative, fair enough.

#6 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:42 PM

I've had a bit of a play with QBow pictures:
Posted Image

Against a normal stock the QPod will be a bit unwieldly. But as a concept the receiver position in the above picture does look like the standard receiver could be mounted using a DIY version of the QBow mount block. It just needs to be a rectangular block for the receiver to be bolted to, and fitted to the marker body at an angle. Use of the CMS would probably make it easier as only a bracket needs to be fitted to the marker body.

The air point has been covered though.

This next version goes at a greter angle, but looks more useable and resolves the air line.

Posted Image

Both of these put the QPod behind the feed, thus if using the Longbow style feed a 180 degree turn is needed in the feed line which could cause problems. If using an Ion as opposed to the AGD there would be the potential of fitting the feed 'backwards'.

Without using the Longbow style feed it would probably be best with a 90 degree feed such as QLoaders own feed option, (e.g Ion mod kit)

#7 User is offline   Phylter 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:14 AM

Hmm. Now, what if you rotated the Q-Loader roughly 90 degrees CCW? Let the tip of the pod stick past the grip a little.

Edit: And yes, the intent was to use an Ion-based system.

This post has been edited by Phylter: 25 March 2009 - 05:18 AM

#8 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:26 PM

View PostPhylter, on Mar 25 2009, 12:14 PM, said:

Hmm. Now, what if you rotated the Q-Loader roughly 90 degrees CCW? Let the tip of the pod stick past the grip a little.

Edit: And yes, the intent was to use an Ion-based system.

There are a few ideas you can get on the QLoader gallery
http://www.qloader.com/gallery.html

I have found a bit of a picture of the one I was referring to earlier with a QPod stock.
It is an ASA airthru stock modified to utilise the QPod.
Posted Image

A couple more shots of mine illustrate how the Ion could have the Longbow feed reversed.
My Deadlywind has the wrong type of rail behind the feed but the Blackcell has the same weaver infront and behind the feed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users