Special Ops Paintball: It's the End of the World as we know it - Special Ops Paintball

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

It's the End of the World as we know it Rate Topic: -----

#91 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:00 PM

Lol. I stand by the argument, don't worry about stuff you can't change.

#92 User is offline   Gash_3 

• Medium Rifleman (for now)
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:GASH.

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:47 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on Apr 24 2010, 06:03 PM, said:

I trust God and ammunition, in that order. Whatever happens, I'll need both.

Haha... can't agree with you more! Praise the lord and pass the ammo!

#93 Guest_Lt.Vortex_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:03 PM

Finally!! Ammo junkies AKA true Americans :dry:

#94 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:25 AM

Mayans "End the world" in 2012.

Did you know that Sir Isaac Newton predicts the E.o.W. AFTER 2060? Newton was a bit of a religious fanatic and studied the Bible trying to crack it's hidden code. In his studies he came across Daniel 12:7 "for a time, times, and a half." .

Newton interpreted this phrase as meaning 1,260 years would pass from the establishment of the Holy Roman Empire by Charlemagne in 800, until the End of Days.

Newton is also quoted as saying, "This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fanciful men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, and by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail."
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#95 User is offline   Sniper Cowboy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Christian Cowboy

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:10 AM

Impossible to prepare for the worst as it can always get even more worse than we can imagine. So, I prepare for what I know could happen and has been proven to happen in the past. For example, natural disaster and war. To my brother's in Christ, I say... pass the ammunition, If I die defending my family from thieves, rapists, and politicians, I know where I'm going. The end of the world doesn't concern me beyond trying to help those who have not accepted Christ into their life, and praying for those who get left behind.
"Go get my flamethrower." Doc of the Whiteboard Webcomic

#96 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:20 PM

The world could end at any point.
That's why I always order a double :P

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#97 User is offline   Souleater 

• Well, I HAD 300 posts....
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Village Idiot

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:01 AM

Another vote for the True Ammerican Ammo Junkies.... :laugh:

Here's how I see it:

To reference the Bible again, "no man knows the day or the hour...".
Therefore I find it highly improbable that the entire world is going to completely physically end on that date.

HOWEVER:
I also highly agree with the statement "end of the world AS WE KNOW IT". From what I've seen/read/heard, there's just way to much weird stuff all coincidentally happening on or near that specific date to completely discount it. And no, you can't ask what, because off the top of my head I can't remember it all... But I think it perfectly logical to assume we're all going to be sprayed by some sort of crap around that time, so prepping is going to the top of the list.

My predictions for the next 100 years:

There will be wars.
There will be economic collapse.
There will be famine and pestilence.
There will be natural disasters of all types.
I 100% guarantee I'm right at least 2 out of 4.

See? I can do it too.:D

This post has been edited by Souleater: 11 March 2011 - 11:02 AM

Posted Image
People who say anything is possible never tried to slam a revolving door!!
There is no problem that cannot be solved with the proper application of explosives and duct tape.
How's that for a contradiction?

#98 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:55 PM

View PostIrishMack, on 26 April 2010 - 03:00 PM, said:

The fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. The star was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss. 2When he opened the Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke from a gigantic furnace. The sun and sky were darkened by the smoke from the Abyss. 3And out of the smoke locusts came down upon the earth and were given power like that of scorpions of the earth. 4They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads. 5They were not given power to kill them, but only to torture them for five months. And the agony they suffered was like that of the sting of a scorpion when it strikes a man. 6During those days men will seek death, but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them. The locusts looked like horses prepared for battle. On their heads they wore something like crowns of gold, and their faces resembled human faces. 8Their hair was like women's hair, and their teeth were like lions' teeth. 9They had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the thundering of many horses and chariots rushing into battle. 10They had tails and stings like scorpions, and in their tails they had power to torment people for five months.

It sounds like a bad acid trip.

After watching the History Channel's Ancient Aliens series, i am much more inclined to agree with Puz now about the whole 2012 thing. It may not be the end of the world, but it may be a significant date with some "natural" disasters. With the way the earth's weather patterns have been changing drastically lately, i would not be surprised by anything. I also do not believe that humanity will go away in one fell swoop, but rather a slow tortorous end, like starvation, radiation poisoning, exposure. So it would be a good idea to know how to survive and fend for yourself or a group, as the end may come at the hands of our fellow humans fighting over scraps of food.

#99 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:42 AM

The Dec 21st date is the Winter Solstice. It's also the end of the Mayan Calendar. And for the first time in 6000 years or something huge like that, something is lined up just right in the galaxy/universe... I forget the exact parts.

So who knows. I better stock up on arrows, ammo, and food.

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#100 User is offline   Puzuma 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:16 AM

It's supposed to be a "galactic alignment". Our solar system is supposed to be in line with the massive black hole at the center of our galaxy. Thing is, we passed that point already, back in 1998... and we've had several planetary alignments with no ill effects.

My personal favorite theory is alien visitation. I'm hoping for something like Star Gate but guessing it'll be more like Mars Attacks.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#101 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:05 AM

I wouldn't be so sure. If they had never visited before, then the Mayans would have no way of predicting it.

And if they did visit before, odds are there would be some record of their time here, even if the record doesn't accurately portray them, such as the idea in stargate that the gods of ancient mythology were aliens

I don't really buy into any of the alien visitation theories, but just saying if we assumed it, then the only real way for the Mayans to have a clue about their future arrival would be to have a known data point, such as when they were here last time.
Member of Team Akkadian

#102 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:29 PM

I am pretty much a firm believer in the idea that WE are the children of the stars. And that we were either genetically engineered to try to reach out and find them or believe in a day when they will return ... whether it be in the form of what some want to call a deity, or an extra-terrestrial. There are lots of "documented" accounts of old civilizations throughout the world that depict in pictures that there were people descending from the sky, so they gave them wings, some even show them in crude looking contraptions with joysticks, or something that looks like them, wearing helmets and / or heavy suits.

My only stumbling block is why didn't we see more of their technology ? You know if we went to Mars, the first thing we would do is industrialize, commercialize, and colonize. We would have the best and the newest technology there... that doesn't seem to be the case for what we have uncovered here.

#103 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:00 PM

Two valid reasons we wouldn't see their technology today:

1. Time. Stuff is lost all the time in our ever-changing planet. Erosion, tectonic shifts, climate fluctuation (pre-dating industrialization, major changes like the ice age), volcanos, and any number of other things can make even the most impressive feats of construction disappear forever.

If no one managed or cared for the stuff, it could be anywhere. We are still making new discoveries in archaeology every year.

2. Taking it with them. If the aliens left and never did much colonizing they could just take their tech with them. For example, in the Stargate storyline, the aliens were the gods of mythology. They left when they were overthrown circa 8,000 BC, and aside from the stargate itself (and a few missed items), they took their technology with them. Granted, the example is fictional but it serves as a how the alien technology may not be found in our archaeology.

Of course, if you subscribe to my theory instead, there's another reason(s) that we can't find the technology.
Member of Team Akkadian

#104 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:10 PM

View PostThalion, on 14 November 2011 - 05:00 PM, said:

Of course, if you subscribe to my theory instead, there's another reason(s) that we can't find the technology.

!!! so what the heck is your theory ?

#105 User is offline   Puzuma 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:15 PM

I bet it has to do with the destruction of humanity by a subterranean race of mutant worm people.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users