Special Ops Paintball: How would I go about...? - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How would I go about...? making the A5 similiar to the P90?

#1 User is offline   GummyChoco 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Silentpaper

Post icon  Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:05 PM

Hey, I'm just starting out and I was wondering are there any mods that will make it operate like the P90?

So far, I got the 3-inch barrel, tac cap for 50rds, 50rd pods, and the A-5 w/RT.

I'm not sure if I should get a dot or a stock since I don't really feel like using a remote since I'm going to be using a 20z.
P90 runs at 900/min so 15/sec

Well, any suggestions on making the A-5 perform like a P90?

#2 User is offline   xkpxfattyxx 

• Say WHAT?!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:29 PM

Pm Warcowboy. He can get your gun into a p90. They end up all looking nice

#3 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:53 AM

dangit snipa, i was gonna say that but your beat me by like 5 hours.
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#4 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2007 - 07:38 AM

Well, hate to tell ya, but I have yet to see a P90 with a co2 tank hanging off the back.. :/

Also, check out the idenity crisis B-5 Mod..
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:35 AM

View PostSpudCrushr, on Dec 6 2007, 09:38 AM, said:

Well, hate to tell ya, but I have yet to see a P90 with a co2 tank hanging off the back.. :/

Also, check out the idenity crisis B-5 Mod..

but you can just run a remote off of it and it would look awesome. you dont have to have that there, but you can have a remote line if you want
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#6 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:43 AM

He said he doesn't want a remote though. That 20oz tank is going to make your marker way back heavy. That could be a problem.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Funky Diver 

• D I V E R, as in one who Dives, not one who has a Ferrari...
  • PipPip

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:02 PM

I've never seen an A5 mod that successfully housed an A5 and still looked like a P90. B5 mod is the way to go.

#8 User is offline   Spike21 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SPIKE21

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:29 PM

Funky Diver, on Dec 6 2007, 05:02 PM, said:

I've never seen an A5 mod that successfully housed an A5 and still looked like a P90. B5 mod is the way to go.

It was dislexiclawyer

http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...=55844&st=0

This post has been edited by Spike21: 06 December 2007 - 05:38 PM

#9 User is offline   WarCowboy 

• ~Fastest Gun In The East!~
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Suicide Kings

Posted 08 December 2007 - 01:21 AM

Appreciate the support guys!
And yes, I was thinking about dislexiclawyer myself...
He is centainly the first I have seen do one.

I have been thinking about this mod for some time, and I feel I could build one with an E-grip without much hassel.
If someone would like a mod of this type, Im up for hooking you up with a really good deal for being the first.
It will pay off for both parties this way, as you would get one cheap, and I can get one built with proof it can work, and work well.
Hit me up anytime.

#10 User is offline   dislexiclawyer 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:48 PM

Well where to start. Thanks to War Cowboy and Spike for remembering my mod. I know WC does because we have had brief conversations on other forums.

Well putting an A5 with a RT in a P90 shell shouldn't be too hard. Everything inside the grip should be up far enough not to fall out once you hack the grip in half. The ideal way would be to use an Egrip but I think the biggest problem is having to relocate it and still have the
solenoid and stuff work.

As for running a P90 without a remote, I see 2 problems. The first is weight. Once you get everything stuffed in that little package it gets heavy. Another problem is finding somewhere to mount the tank. On an airsoft body there is really nowhere to mount something that heavy unless you do some reinforcing with thin sheets of metal or something. Also you are going to need a longer barrel. The stock A5 barrel is pretty much prefect in length but you may want to upgrade to something with better performance.

Not to take any work away from WC but the mod on the A5 is fairly easy, or at least for me it was. It just takes a little dedication, don't quit if it gets too hard. And feel free to send me a message if you have questions, that means you too WC. If for some reason you get stuck I may have some advice from experience. I may have to go back through my thread and update some old pictures. I have a walk through of how exactly I did my mod too, so if anyone wants to use it as guidelines thats what it is there for.

#11 User is offline   WarCowboy 

• PipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:26 AM

Haha, its no biggy Dislexiclawyer, I'll survive! lol I actually promote people to experience modding for them selves, its just that its not your average paintballer's cup of tea, and I enjoy building them for people to.
If it was common practise, there would be no market for add ons and custom parts, except for the surplus stores!
Luckily for those who make aftermarket add ons, and myself, thats not the case.
For example, I even showed everyone how to build the SL9 mod. But I have yet to see proof of another, or something similar with the ion. I dont think its because Im special, and no one else can do it, but I do feel most dont have the dedication, or tool avalibility I have aquired and required, for this sorta thing. So offering the sevice is only natural.

Anyhow, I have wanted to do the A5/P90 ever since I seen your A5 mod, so its just a notalgia deal with the A5, and as some people mechened on different forums, they feel the 50rd. stove pipe deal is simply more milsim. Its not that they dislike my ion P90, but rather its not what most woodsballers are farmiliar with. The idea should catch on more, as I go with my mods, but there is no arguing the mass of A5'ers out there that arent ready to part with their tippmann's.
Either way, its now solid proof that they can both be done, and done well, with each having certain advantages over the other. So this is also only natural for me to offer both versions in my list of growing mod fabrications.
The E-Grip is something that I feel can be modded to work easily. This is because I have exstenive know how, and general knowledge of electronic, and feel I know enough about soliniods to re route them as nessassary per project.
I cant wait to have an example and vid for a show piece of my design theory in function.

#12 User is offline   Sniper Hunter19 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:41 PM

I dont know why but why would u want to make an a5 into a p90

#13 User is offline   WarCowboy 

• PipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:18 AM

Because it can be? I dont know...
I like my ions over tippmann anyday, Im not going to lie about it, its just that Ive had several people asm me about doing this with their A5's. I supose this is because there are a lot more people that play woods ball and own tippmann's, than those who play with speed ball markers. This is just another point I am trying to get people to understand about the difference between the two. Looks is the last thing you should choose a marker for.
I know that seems contradictory to my existance, but you should understand this...
I bought the ion before any modding went down. The ion in stock form doesnt look much like a woods ball marker, much less milsim. But I bought it because, while the tippmanns have milsim insiration in their design, they arent even close to the ion in performance, from bps, consistancy, to the ion having eyes, while no tippmann does.
Like I said before, tippmanns are nice guns no doubt, but they lack in performance features. They are behind in the scene in this area. I dont know why they dont have eyes yet, nor why they still dont come standard with electronics.
The ion does, and for the same price to less than the tippmann. The two things that the tippmann can offer than the ion cant however, is the ability to run on Co2, and the built in cyclone feed system, that can be dropped to size, to meet milsimers idea on rnd capacity. But I hope to change this also soon enough, with my modding plans.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users