Special Ops Paintball: Throat Mic Review - IXRadio XTM85R-G1 - Special Ops Paintball

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Throat Mic Review - IXRadio XTM85R-G1 Something better than FireFox?

#91 User is offline   Maelgrim 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Maelgrim

Posted 24 April 2006 - 06:29 PM

Thanks Sartek, I had ordered the Fire Fox Commando Edition, but I cancelled my order today and ordered the IX Mics.

#92 User is offline   gtkid1 

• PONCH
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PONCH

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:40 PM

now heres a thing sartek, and i dont want to degrade the topic or anything, becauce these mics are really good.

but i did have problems with my guys not being able to hear me, im thinking becauce my neck is too small and its not fully gripping the vibrations on the mic. i had to tug the two vibrations closer to my pharynx and press the ptt all at the same time in order to get out a clear message to my mates. what do you think?

#93 User is offline   sartek 

• Trained Shop Monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SARTEK

Posted 25 April 2006 - 12:39 AM

the metal band can be "adjusted" for a tighter fit. you have to coil it together pretty far because of how springy the band is.

Picture 1 is how you would normally coil up the throatmic to resize it for smaller necks.

Picture 2 is how you would add more tension to the transducers for better contact with your throat

Posted Image

This post has been edited by sartek: 25 April 2006 - 12:45 AM

"I tinker, therefore I am" - Doc Nickel
DOT HazMat Geek, Airsmith, Tinkerer

#94 User is offline   gtkid1 

• PONCH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2006 - 03:34 PM

thank you very much sartek ill try, and get back to oyu after the big game on may 7th

#95 User is offline   spudcrazy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Spudcrazy

Posted 01 May 2006 - 08:12 AM

I ordered mine last night, based on this review. I've never tried a throat mic before, I hope it works as well as you all say. I live on the east coast (Northern Va), about how long does it take to get (I know it comes from Singapore)? And have any of you had to pay extra customs charges????

#96 User is offline   Damage Incorporated 

• Knight Stalkers Scenario Paintball Team Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2006 - 02:42 PM

View Postspudcrazy, on May 1 2006, 11:12 AM, said:

I live on the east coast (Northern Va), about how long does it take to get (I know it comes from Singapore)? And have any of you had to pay extra customs charges????

I live in Maryland and it took me 12 days to get mine. I did not have to pay any extra customs charges, why are they asking you for more money or something?

I live on the east coast (Northern Va), about how long does it take to get (I know it comes from Singapore)? And have any of you had to pay extra customs charges????

I live in Maryland and it took me 12 days to get mine. I did not have to pay any extra customs charges, why are they asking you for more money or something?

Proudly Sponsored by:
Outdoor Adventures Pasadena, Maryland-Rosedale, Maryland-Chesapeake City Maryland
CCM-Chipley Custom Machine

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and success of freedom"
John F. Kennedy 1961

#97 User is offline   Damage Incorporated 

• PipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2006 - 02:45 PM

I live in Maryland and it took 12 days to get mine. I did not have to pay any extra customs charges for mine, why are they asking you to pay more? I just had to go to the post office and pick mine up, it was sent registered.

Proudly Sponsored by:
Outdoor Adventures Pasadena, Maryland-Rosedale, Maryland-Chesapeake City Maryland

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and success of freedom"
John F. Kennedy 1961

#98 User is offline   spudcrazy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 01 May 2006 - 08:09 PM

View PostDamage Incorporated, on May 1 2006, 02:45 PM, said:

I live in Maryland and it took 12 days to get mine. I did not have to pay any extra customs charges for mine, why are they asking you to pay more? I just had to go to the post office and pick mine up, it was sent registered.

No, it just says on their website that custom charges might be applied. How long did it take to get a confirmation email after ordering? Or did you even get an email???? Thanks in advance... :)

By the way, I see you're from "Funky Pasedena". I used to hang out at a bar called "The Sandbar", when I was younger. They used to have alot of great local and big name Heavy Metal bands. They switched names in the late 80's, early 90's, but I forgot what they named it. Is it still there????

This post has been edited by spudcrazy: 01 May 2006 - 08:11 PM

#99 User is offline   Damage Incorporated 

• PipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2006 - 01:19 AM

I got an email confirmation the same day, I ordered them on a Sunday morning and by Sunday evening I got an email thanking me for my order. The next I got another email saying my order was shipped. I'll PM you with the email address so you can contact them.

I moved to Pasadena 6 years ago so I never heard of the Sandbar. Where was it located at?

Proudly Sponsored by:

John F. Kennedy 1961

#100 User is offline   spudcrazy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 02 May 2006 - 07:32 AM

I got a confirmation email this morning...Thanks for all your help. I'm looking forward to using this mic....

#101 User is offline   gtkid1 

• PONCH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2006 - 05:19 PM

let me know how it works out for you, i had some problems with a proper line of communication

#102 User is offline   Holo24 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Holo24

Posted 08 May 2006 - 01:53 PM

How about the Iasus Sniper pro it has velcro strap, and it supposedly fits 19" necks?

Has anybody tried it?

#103 User is offline   brickout 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Brickout

Posted 09 May 2006 - 01:20 PM

I finally got to use my IXradio mic this weekend in a 6 hour scenario. I have to say it worked flawlessly! Everyone was able to hear me clear as a bell. I am very happy with this product.

#104 User is offline   quette4000 

• Hellions
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Quette

Posted 10 May 2006 - 04:02 PM

I ordered this Throat Mic to for a Midland radio. Also like to ask, does one model of iradios work with all brands? Anyone know whats a good midland model walkie?
Hellions Tactical Paintball Team
www.hellions.net
IPB Image

#105 User is offline   sartek 

• Trained Shop Monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SARTEK

Posted 10 May 2006 - 04:07 PM

under each Accessory model is the option to buy it for a specific radio brand. the reason they do this is because not all radios use the same wiring order or plug type.

As for being able to use the accessory with different radio models made by the same company: yes, you should be able to on the majority of radios out there. Some have changed their accessory pins, but they generally make major changes to the radios when they do that.

(EDIT 5/11: Holy cow! this is the ONLY product review to hit 8 pages. And to think its mostly people that have never heard/tried the IXradio mic, bought one, and liked it.)

This post has been edited by sartek: 11 May 2006 - 12:14 PM

"I tinker, therefore I am" - Doc Nickel
DOT HazMat Geek, Airsmith, Tinkerer

Share this topic:

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users