• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

"Snipers" read it if u have an opion on snipers Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#16 Guest_Apocolyptic_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 February 2007 - 04:31 PM

View Postmental assasin, on Feb 16 2007, 08:15 AM, said:

im new and you might call me a noob but ive been reading alot of the post's on this forum and its seems that there are two different kinds of player...1) those who play for fun..2)those who consider paintball a lifestyle and could not live without it. and it always seems that the ones that question a position such as sniper are the ones who play for fun and dont understand the time..money...and patience that it takes to play this position (sniper) on the field. and the post saying that a sniper would be imbaresed if they took more then 3+ shots to eliminate a player is totaly true. cause they spends hours and hours to perfect thier game. in my opinion, before you can talk "smack" about a position you must FIRST play that position so you can understand what goes into it. just my two cents.

Paintball... Too me its a way of life. But yah, snipers aren't overrated, they just have their own style of play. If you can't see him, he close enough to shoot you, theres a sniper. He got you, and you're not sure where he is. Not that overrated.

#17 User is offline   Chaos Fiend 

• :)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:|GEARHEAD|

Posted 16 February 2007 - 08:20 PM

guy, i completely agree with you. there are paintball snipers. the real ones that live and breath it are great players and assests. the one thing that i can agree and disagree w/ is the shooting. i think its more just along the lines that most pb snipers practice more so in the 1st few yrs their intuitive "point and shoot" (whether w/ a scope or not) is better. i mean my friend who is a pb sniper or as close to it practices shots in his back yard all the time. me on the other hand i dont. but nonetheless i have gotten real good a my point and shooting. it normally only takes me my 1-5 shots to get people at decent ranges.

oh btw reb, everyone screws up occasionally like what guy said, fired too much, or not at the right time. that doesn't violate some unwritten code, they just screwed up. many good snipers use scopes (red dots for paintball) and they help ur shot big time. enemy acquisition is a lot faster, and trust me they help. i just cant stand scopes, but they do help my accuracy.

just adding to the argument.
"I dont like brass so I guess I am good to go." -Jiu jitsu fighter. "Communist." -Tu Padre
Pump Player #113 My Feedback +27/-0

#18 User is offline   solarotov 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:revival

Posted 16 February 2007 - 09:33 PM

Those of you who believe they don't exist because you have never seen one are misguided. You may

not be WRONG, and maybe Paintball snipers don't exist, but your reasoning is certainly misguided.I place

you on the same page as the "Have you ever seen a million dollars?" idea.

I refrain from using "The fact is..." because it pisses people off, but my opinion is that paintball snipers

do exist. I have played against a man who uses superior patience, stealth, concealment and marksmanship

to eliminate his enemies, if this is not a sniper, then I have no idea what is. Now, I know for a fact that he

got his ideas from books, The History Channel, and other places like that, but where the idea came from is

not the point.

Another point "anti-snipers" make is that they have never seen an effective sniper. They don't say

they've never seen a sniper. If a kid dons their ghillie, crawls about the field, and takes accurate shots,

he/she is attempting to play like a sniper. And playing like a sniper implies that there are snipers to

emulate.

My final point is this: if you don't believe in snipers, call them stealthy, patient, accurate dudes, but

sniper just sounds cooler.

#19 User is offline   stolz 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:STOLZ

Posted 17 February 2007 - 07:47 AM

well the way i see it, there is very few people i would regard as snipers. I have only seen 4 in my entire career of paintball i have never been able to locate from there shooting positions.

Than again there is "snipers" guys running around with 21" barrels on there 98customs, unloading on everything that moves from 100 yards away.

#20 User is offline   M.I.C. 

• #1sniper
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:M.I.C.

Posted 17 February 2007 - 08:02 AM

wow....i actually like this sniper argument, people are staying off the whole "cant shoot as far as a military sniper" claim so i can see this argument is between intelectual indeviduals , now i play pb sniper and the the one thing ive noticed about others who play and the differnce between play types, is snipers find a good spot and stay there till they need to move, and they dont care about how many kills, but what type of kills they get (head shots, chest shots , etc.). meanwhile, the other posistions, move up, shoot , move up, or organize bunkering runs etc., and worry about how many kills. now there are noobs, and little kids who put on a ghillie and get a long barell or flatline, and think there sniper but really look, are they being stealthy? are they aiming their shots ?, are they giving recon ?, are the covering their buddies as they move up? if not , then they are just a saber, dagger,or broadsword in a ghillie

- :D thesilentkilla
IPB Image
IPB Image
Furtim, Patientia, Veneratio
NO SUCH THING AS A PAINTBALL SNIPER? WHOVEVER TOLD YOU THAT HASN'T ENTERED MY SIGHTS YET...

#21 User is offline   Reb 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:No brigade affiliation

Posted 17 February 2007 - 04:07 PM

View PostApocolyptic, on Feb 16 2007, 04:31 PM, said:

im new and you might call me a noob but ive been reading alot of the post's on this forum and its seems that there are two different kinds of player...1) those who play for fun..2)those who consider paintball a lifestyle and could not live without it. and it always seems that the ones that question a position such as sniper are the ones who play for fun and dont understand the time..money...and patience that it takes to play this position (sniper) on the field. and the post saying that a sniper would be imbaresed if they took more then 3+ shots to eliminate a player is totaly true. cause they spends hours and hours to perfect thier game. in my opinion, before you can talk "smack" about a position you must FIRST play that position so you can understand what goes into it. just my two cents.

Paintball... Too me its a way of life. But yah, snipers aren't overrated, they just have their own style of play. If you can't see him, he close enough to shoot you, theres a sniper. He got you, and you're not sure where he is. Not that overrated.

The logic here fails completely.
I've often shot people from concealed positions. That doesn't make me a sniper.

I've been hit by people in concealed positions, that didn't make me sniped.

By your logic, the guy who wore a darth vader suit at a scenario game can be legitimately called a 'jedi'

Concealed shooting is part of every player's game.
I have never been shot by a player in a ghillie suit.

#22 User is offline   mental assasin 

• MENTAL ASSASSIN
  • Pip

Posted 17 February 2007 - 05:08 PM

never been shot by a player in a ghillie suit huh...hmmm. wanna come out and play?...lol

#23 User is offline   M.I.C. 

• #1sniper
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:M.I.C.

Posted 17 February 2007 - 05:18 PM

View PostReb, on Feb 17 2007, 05:07 PM, said:

theres concealed, and there is coverd, behind a bush that can esily be shot through...concealed...shot from someone behind a piece of wood in a whole in it, covered

- B) thesilentkilla
IPB Image
IPB Image
Furtim, Patientia, Veneratio
NO SUCH THING AS A PAINTBALL SNIPER? WHOVEVER TOLD YOU THAT HASN'T ENTERED MY SIGHTS YET...

#24 User is offline   sniper82 

• "Can you see me now?" .. No.. "Good"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:+sniper82

Posted 17 February 2007 - 05:47 PM

View PostReb, on Feb 17 2007, 05:07 PM, said:

View PostApocolyptic, on Feb 16 2007, 04:31 PM, said:

The logic here fails completely.
I've often shot people from concealed positions. That doesn't make me a sniper.
Right but you move too and don't claim the title of sniper, many troops shoot terrorists from concealed places because it makes sense. You too can be a sniper for one game if you want. Its not like you are held to one type of play.
I've been hit by people in concealed positions, that didn't make me sniped.
You are right, but if the person who shot you was a sniper then you were sniped, would you say that just because a chicken hiding in the bushes jumped out and hit you, that you were not chickened, right you were hit by a chicken, but because there is no verb for being hit by a chicken you cant call it that. However if a man attacked you, you would say that you had been mugged. Call it what you want but being sniped is what getting shot by a sniper is.
By your logic, the guy who wore a darth vader suit at a scenario game can be legitimately called a 'jedi'
I don't see anywhere where either mentions being in a ghille suit makes you a sniper. For your information alot of military people use ghille suits to move so that they are not discovered, it is a tool not a job description, perhaps the person wearing ghille is not a fan of running around blazing thousands of rounds and getting shot. Maybe he likes to shoot thousands of shots while wearing good camo.
This is obvious i hope unless they are a noob.

A man must be alert at all times if he expects to stay alive. If you're not alert, sometime, a son-of-an-POOP SHOOTER-FEMALE DOG is going to sneak up behind you and beat you to death with a sockful of DOO DOO!" -George S. Patton

#25 User is offline   (Drty)Sanchez 

• Caveo of insolitus cattus
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:(Drty)Sanchez

Posted 17 February 2007 - 06:29 PM

OK my 2 cents, I am a sniper ..a very mobile sniper, but its just a style of play. we are all shooting around 280 fps so im not shooting any farther than a normal player. My "THING" is that I like using very little balls to take down as many people as I can. It comes down to practice, practice, practice ( meaning accuracy ), how good your balls match your barrel and how fast you can get out of harms way. I know many players who play the sniper roll and just sit and wait..thats there "THING" so dont knock it..it works when you come marching in and have no clue they are there.
But to say snipers dont exist or dont help..well its not true, go head to head with a good one and shot for shot your gonna loose if he has done his homework. You might dump 200 balls on his location and if he has planned for you to do that all he needs is one clear shot to take you out.
Wearing a ghillie certainly does not make you a sniper, many times I go out wearing normal paintball gear and look just like everyone else, Its just my style of play that would really make it "Sniperish" I try not to give away my position, stay concealed when possible and make every shot count.
Ive played against awesome speedball players that had ALL the AIM of a great sniper but they hit you with 200 balls...thats what they love to do..its there "THING"
Ive been in many fire fights where hundreds of balls are dumped on my location trying to pin me down, but thats where patience comes into play and knowing your ability to take that quick one to two shots needed to take down the enemy or buy enough time to get out of there if your in a no win situation.
Im no superman or super sniper I get shot just like everyone else, Im just out there to have fun and play my style of PB. Thats what its all about...Go out and be you, play the game you want to play..HAVE FUN and get more people into the sport.

This post has been edited by (Drty)Sanchez: 17 February 2007 - 06:41 PM

IPB Image

#26 User is offline   mental assasin 

• MENTAL ASSASSIN
  • Pip

Posted 17 February 2007 - 06:57 PM

AMEN DRTY and everyone else that supports the right to play the way "YOU" want to play>>>>the more the merrier.....

#27 User is offline   TriViuM 

• ▲▼▲▼▲▼
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2007 - 06:57 PM

I think the whole issue is that people take thing's too literally. It's just easier to say "sniper" than "paintball sniper". What would be better to say in the heat of battle, "Hey we are having some trouble on the left side of the field. They have a sniper planted somewhere and we can't find him," or "Hey we are having some trouble on the left side of the field. They have a person in a concealed location who has good accuracy planted somewhere and we can't find him." ?

Also, by your logic a Broadsword doesn't exist either, correct? By definition a Broadsword is "a sword with a broad blade and (usually) two cutting edges; used to cut rather than stab". I don't see anyone running around with a sword cutting people while playing paintball. If that happened I'd get the hell out of there quick. The term sniper, broadsword, hammer, etc. are all used as a general term that people would be able to relate a person's playing style to. It was meant to help people by laying out basic guidelines and little pointers to help out whatever style of play you enjoyed and wanted to get better at. I don't get what the big deal is about this position. If it is so overrated, it sure doesn't help it get less overrated by people starting threads about how they don't exist and whatnot. It's only giving more attention to the position. And besides, does it really affect your life in any way by what we call ourselves? Does it make your vehicle blow up, prevent you from paying your bills, or stop your heartbeat? Seriously, like Drty said, just go out and have fun. You guys are taking the fun out of something that was meant for good.

Proudly Sponsored by:
Q-Loader | Affordable Paintballs

#28 User is offline   Haunted Hunter 

• Vanguard
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Haunted Hunter

Posted 17 February 2007 - 07:47 PM

View PostFontain, on Feb 15 2007, 10:14 AM, said:

Does any one else think that snipers r overated in paintball, the same with the sniper position as well.

Now all you anti-sniper people just calm down. If you don't like the question, don't start complaining that snipers don't exist. We have a legitimate question here, refering to a spec ops labeled position. We don't need to prove that they do exist, or don't exist. If someone is playing the spec ops style called sniper, are they overrated?

#29 User is offline   Dermeister 

• The_Masterer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dermeister

Posted 17 February 2007 - 08:02 PM

yeah this is a good Topic, one of the best actually. my first reaction to this was a flame war approaching, but that has not been the case.

i think the difference between a paintball sniper and a shooter from a concealed location is the fac that the pb snipers will usually take 1 shot, and elim their target, and stay hidden. the concealed shooter will take many shots, taking out the opfor, but will probably be moving right after that.

Also pb snipers are the ones who dream of taking out a captain, or ranking officer. same as Snipers.

This Is Where We FIGHT!
S.O.F.A Special Ops Forums are Awesome #2 & CEO

#30 User is offline   protocoach 

• Is there redemption? No. No there is not.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:PROTOCOACH

Posted 17 February 2007 - 10:14 PM

View PostTriViuM, on Feb 17 2007, 07:57 PM, said:

By definition a Broadsword is "a sword with a broad blade and (usually) two cutting edges; used to cut rather than stab". I don't see anyone running around with a sword cutting people while playing paintball. If that happened I'd get the hell out of there quick.

Clearly, you've never played real paintball before. :ghillie: I probably should close this, before the morons get here and it turns into a flamewar, but I suppose I can do that tomorrow if necessary. You guys seem to be keeping it fairly clean and smart in here. Leave it that way, and it'll stay open until tomorrow afternoon, when I'm sure one of us will have to close it.
Oklahoma D-Day '05 (352nd ID), '06 (352nd PJ), '07 (352nd PJ), '08 (352nd PJ), '09 (352nd PJ). It was a good run.

Share this topic:

• (20 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users