Special Ops Paintball: Porsche Boxster/Cayman Vs. Chevy Corvette - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Porsche Boxster/Cayman Vs. Chevy Corvette Which one? Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Which One (41 member(s) have cast votes)

Vs

1. Boxster/Cayman (15 votes [36.59%])

Percentage of vote: 36.59%

2. Vette (17 votes [41.46%])

Percentage of vote: 41.46%

3. Dodge Charger (9 votes [21.95%])

Percentage of vote: 21.95%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 User is offline   evillepaintball 

• You won't do it! You ain't crazy!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:sunshine ac-05

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:55 AM

View PostJerseyPaint, on Mar 10 2009, 08:46 AM, said:

View Postevillepaintball, on Mar 7 2009, 02:50 AM, said:

yes, because he certainly wouldnt be helping support the company contracted to transport the car, nor anyone at the dealership where he buys it, nor the people at the dealership when he has to take it in for maintenance. There is absolutely not a single solitary american who will get a dime off of him if he buys a foreign car. not one.

Oh. My bad. I though it was those American companies who weren't selling enough cars that were hurting our economy. How silly of me.

And it was a simple joke, way to overreact.

its not just the american companies lack of sales, but a lack of selling anything. buying a porsche or a benz will still help the economy.

your joke was dumb, the premise was ridiculously ignorant.

View PostThe Shepherd, on Mar 10 2009, 08:50 AM, said:

Guys, I found an awsome Dodge Charger SRT8, in black, with GPS. 37k Should I buy?

i wouldnt but i absolutely hate the look of the charger.
"it just doesnt look cool unless you're riding a yamazuki zx1200rrr" - C9H13NO3

#47 Guest_Stringer_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:25 AM

out of those, i'd go with the vette. best car for the money, especially the ZR1 but i don't think that's the specific model you were looking at ($103300). plus they look freakin sick. boxster is overrated; like eville said, look at the Nissan 370Z. base price around 30k and they're sick. 332bhp. the SRT-8 produces something like 420 bhp, but it's engine is almost twice as big as the 370Z's. the Z gets 18 city/26 highway and the SRT-8 gets 13/19. charger runs a 5 second 0-60 with it's massive engine, and the Z does it in 4.8

#48 User is offline   JerseyPaint 

• Jersey Fresh.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JerseyPaint

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:48 AM

View Postevillepaintball, on Mar 10 2009, 11:55 AM, said:

View PostJerseyPaint, on Mar 10 2009, 08:46 AM, said:

View Postevillepaintball, on Mar 7 2009, 02:50 AM, said:

yes, because he certainly wouldnt be helping support the company contracted to transport the car, nor anyone at the dealership where he buys it, nor the people at the dealership when he has to take it in for maintenance. There is absolutely not a single solitary american who will get a dime off of him if he buys a foreign car. not one.

Oh. My bad. I though it was those American companies who weren't selling enough cars that were hurting our economy. How silly of me.

And it was a simple joke, way to overreact.

its not just the american companies lack of sales, but a lack of selling anything. buying a porsche or a benz will still help the economy.

your joke was dumb, the premise was ridiculously ignorant.

But what will ultimately help more? Buying American or foriegn? Hell, you even proved my point in your post. America is hurting because America isn't selling anything, so then I guess the solution is buying American products right? I'm curious to why this doesn't include cars.

The joke wasn't dumb, it was simple, and I don't understand how it was ridiculously ignorant since the concept isn't ill informed or wrong. Buying American helps stimulate the American economy, more so than buying foreign.

Are you agitating my dots? 10%
RIP HEMP/HEMD/PbF

#49 User is offline   evillepaintball 

• PipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:47 AM

you implied that buying foreign wouldnt to jack. that was the entire point of your joke, which was completely wrong. yeah buying american will help more, duh, but that wasnt what your joke was about.

#50 User is offline   JerseyPaint 

• Jersey Fresh.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:58 PM

View Postevillepaintball, on Mar 10 2009, 02:47 PM, said:

you implied that buying foreign wouldnt to jack. that was the entire point of your joke, which was completely wrong. yeah buying american will help more, duh, but that wasnt what your joke was about.

When did I imply that? I'm pretty sure all I said that on the point that saying "help the our economy" followed by a suggestion to purchase a foreign car over a domestic is ironic. I don't believe I ever stated that buying foreign doesn't help at all, just that the obvious choice to helping our economy would be to buy an American car.

Again, you've read to far into some bold letters and humorous misspelling of "irony". Let it go already.

RIP HEMP/HEMD/PbF

#51 User is offline   SIEFKA 

• Matt Fitzgerald
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SIEFKA

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:25 PM

Vette. Iv'e drivin a vette and I don't think I would want to drive anything else.

#52 User is offline   evillepaintball 

• PipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:48 PM

View PostJerseyPaint, on Mar 10 2009, 03:58 PM, said:

When did I imply that? I'm pretty sure all I said that on the point that saying "help the our economy" followed by a suggestion to purchase a foreign car over a domestic is ironic. I don't believe I ever stated that buying foreign doesn't help at all, just that the obvious choice to helping our economy would be to buy an American car.

Again, you've read to far into some bold letters and humorous misspelling of "irony". Let it go already.

i⋅ro⋅ny
1   /ˈaɪrəni, ˈaɪər-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-] Show IPA
–noun, plural -nies.
1. the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.
2. Literature.
a. a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated.

saying that foreign cars helping the economy is irony is the same as saying that its not helping the economy at all, possibly even hurting it. Pick your words better.

#53 User is offline   JerseyPaint 

• Jersey Fresh.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:20 PM

View Postevillepaintball, on Mar 10 2009, 11:48 PM, said:

View PostJerseyPaint, on Mar 10 2009, 03:58 PM, said:

i⋅ro⋅ny
1   /ˈaɪrəni, ˈaɪər-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-] Show IPA
–noun, plural -nies.
1. the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.
2. Literature.
a. a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated.

saying that foreign cars helping the economy is irony is the same as saying that its not helping the economy at all, possibly even hurting it. Pick your words better.

Saying "Foreign cars helping the economy" is ironic. When stating to "help the economy" and given the choice between foreign and domestic, he chose foreign. The obvious choice for such a statement would be to choose domestic; thus the opposite, the not obvious, choice is to choose foreign. This in no way indicates that foreign cars don't help the economy.

RIP HEMP/HEMD/PbF

#54 User is offline   Silent-7 

• Christian Paintballer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Silent-7

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:16 PM

^^^Is it really necessary to argue that point in here?

Anyways, I agree with Zamamee - the Challenger is soooo much sicker than than the Charger.

http://www.dodge.com...lenger/gallery/
DO IT NOW!

Actually, I also agree that having a nice car on a college campus is going to cause you problems. But if you must spend a good chunk of money, a Challenger is going to draw a lot less attention than any Porsche, while still being a BLAST to drive. The new Challenger is one of my top three cars I'd like to own, so if you can afford it, and you're willing to risk the college "mishaps," then DO IT.

This post has been edited by Silent-7: 11 March 2009 - 06:18 PM

Posted Image

#55 User is offline   Zigganator 

• Team Ace Commander
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:ZIGGANATOR

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:38 PM

I'm so confused as to who is defending me and who is not but to but it in lamest terms; any spending will help the economy. The more you spend, the better the economy gets...but back to the subject of cars (in fear of Puzuma's closing the thread) I also think too nice of a car on campus will drawn some unwanted attention. Maybe you should go like with a Challenger or a Charger like previously described.

#56 User is offline   Superman_CHRGR 

• formerly bluedevil_07
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:bluedevil_07

Posted 14 March 2009 - 12:10 PM

View PostStringer, on Mar 10 2009, 09:25 AM, said:

out of those, i'd go with the vette. best car for the money, especially the ZR1 but i don't think that's the specific model you were looking at ($103300). plus they look freakin sick. boxster is overrated; like eville said, look at the Nissan 370Z. base price around 30k and they're sick. 332bhp. the SRT-8 produces something like 420 bhp, but it's engine is almost twice as big as the 370Z's. the Z gets 18 city/26 highway and the SRT-8 gets 13/19. charger runs a 5 second 0-60 with it's massive engine, and the Z does it in 4.8

Just a little insight on this:

The charger weighs 4300 lbs stock. It's technically a family sized car. BUT, like you said, the SRT-8 comes stock with 425 RWHP. Get a Predator Tune, a new intake, and headers, and you are in the mid 12's. Not bad for a family car. Don't believe me?

Meet Eve. She's had a little work done.

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u108/Gi...nt=IMG_0026.jpg

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u108/Gi...cceleration.flv

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u108/Gi...nt=MVI_0092.flv

;)
you want to see me disappear? well so do i. so do i.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users