• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I'm new to this sport Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   paintball dude141 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:49 PM

hello. im new, does anybody know if it would be better to buy a mask in a paintball kit or just alone? and does anybody know good places to play paintball in Indiana?

#2 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:07 PM

It depends on what kit you're planning on buying. If it's a pre-packaged spyder kit from Walmart then it's ok. They generally aren't fog resistant, might not fit well.... If you go to a paintball shop they often have "mix and match" packages. You can get a better marker, mask, tank and a few other odds and ends. Yes, it's more expensive than the $100.00 Walmart kit, but still less expensive than buying it all piece by piece.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#3 User is offline   Lt.Col.Vortex 

• Death itself
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:08 PM

Welcome to our sport. Always glad to see more people join in the fun.

If your looking for a marker and protection gear, try Craigslist or your local box store ( walmart or others ). Walmart should have a Tippmann 98 Custom with mask and basic starting kit.

As for places to play in your area, I wouldn't know, I live in Georgia. Look around in here..just pick your state and look around http://www.pbreview.com/fields/

#5 User is offline   undeadmouse 

• Look! An undead mouse!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:undeadmouse

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:09 AM

It's in my opinion that masks are something, like air tanks, wives, and tools, you shouldn't skimp on to save a few bucks, as it usually comes back later to bite you and cost more money. Find a paintball shop nearby you and go try on masks until you find one that fits.

Also, Welcome!
Hide in shame from my lack of aim! - Pump Member 112 (It's been over 2 years, okay?) ...blah dropped to 54% shot efficiency.
I'm back from a long long long time of no paintball, drooling over markers older then I am.

#6 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:49 AM

tell me you didn't just compare paintball to marriage ... it's no wonder you quit playing paintball before, it must have been a miserable experience.

hopefully it is MUCH better for you this time around.

#7 User is offline   undeadmouse 

• Look! An undead mouse!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:undeadmouse

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:16 AM

No, it was a poor attempt at a joke, but the point still stands. Skimp and rush on any of those and you will have a bad time.

And I didn't quit, I just didn't spend enough effort to keep playing while living at uni. On-campus housing tends to not let one have things resembling weapons.

Hide in shame from my lack of aim! - Pump Member 112 (It's been over 2 years, okay?) ...blah dropped to 54% shot efficiency.
I'm back from a long long long time of no paintball, drooling over markers older then I am.

#8 User is offline   STRIP3Sosu 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

First of all, buy a quality mask. Spend more money because your eyes deserve the protection; my recommendation is the Save Face line of masks. Good protection, excellent field of vision, and reasonable price.

For fields in Indiana, Paintball Plex is by far the best field in the northern part of the state.

#9 User is offline   No Quarter 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Northwest Brigade ( Idaho )

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:20 PM

Nothing is quite as annoying as a mask that fogs up on you in the middle of a great game. Definitely make sure to spend a little Xtra $$ for a good mask. There are many great brands out there. I have always liked Vforce masks, but to each his own. Bottom line, you're talking about protecting your eyes here. Good luck finding a package that fits your particular needs. Personally, I would probably buy my gear separate, but I'm not against the little starter kits that are available. As said before, if you can find a pro-shop in your area, it willbe worth your time and the people in the store should be able to answer questions AND steer you towards finding a good place and group to play with.
IPB Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users