• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ghillie suit or Ghillie Blanket? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Pyroman9 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:28 PM

I currently have a AG suit. I love it... its light, mobile, and breathable. But no matter what you do, you still get caught on everything, the AG just tears to make things easy...

I am thinking of a Ghillie blanket. Something that i can roll up and carry on a pack... what ya think??

any others use blankets?

pictures?

This post has been edited by Pyroman9: 18 January 2009 - 06:29 PM

#2 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:18 AM

The blancket is easy to throw on and dosen't need to be put on like the action guillie. The added thing is that you don't need to strip off your gear if you have to use it in a hurry. I'd say keep the guillie blancket in a butt pack or in a pouch with in easy accsess and out of the way of your pods.
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

#3 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:07 PM

The blanket has it's place in both rapid deployment and when you're going to be in the same position for a good while.

I don't have a blanket (yet... :heart: ) but that would be likely when I would use it. However to properly use it to maximum advantage it's best used for when you'll be at the same position for a good while, that way you have time to add natural foliage to better conceal yourself.

If you feel you are more often in a situation that you could benefit from the use of a blanket, I agree, keep it rolled up where you can access it but it won't get in the way.

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#4 User is offline   D.B.D 

• Snipar4
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Snipar4

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:18 AM

I don't have pictures, but I use my home-made ghillie suit as a blanket as well, and keep the hood over my head. I like it and it's easy to move, the only problem is when your cover is blown and you have to drag it with you.
Aim for anything that is visible, most of my shots are either leg, elbow or head... that is if you see me first.

#5 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:42 PM

I went with a ghillie poncho. I don't like to suit up in the staging area (gives away part of a sniper's surprise), and a ghillie poncho is easy to stow in an ALICE, pull on without removing my mask when I get to my hide, and remove before going back to the staging area (people may now know there is a sniper, but not necessarily who). I am wearing the head piece in my sig.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:52 PM

View PostWarpaint, on Apr 20 2010, 06:42 PM, said:

I went with a ghillie poncho. I don't like to suit up in the staging area (gives away part of a sniper's surprise), and a ghillie poncho is easy to stow in an ALICE, pull on without removing my mask when I get to my hide, and remove before going back to the staging area (people may now know there is a sniper, but not necessarily who). I am wearing the head piece in my sig.

Yeah my old poncho I found it's easier to use it without a backing like a BDU, on and off. Right now though I'm building my new poncho from the ground up. I have a ghillied mask I'll use and by the time I'm done the poncho will be Mil-Spec. I just make a better ghillie than I can buy, I've done too much research. I started with a kit and I had to order more netting to get the poncho the way I like it. I put Multicam cordura on the bottom front and back and tied on a grid of paracord from the front of the hood to the bottom of the poncho both front and back, now I'm tieing on the jute.

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users