• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fill Stations Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Snatch_Patcherson 

• Whats a Battle?
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:38 PM

I was just wondering if anyone here does their own CO2 or HPA fills? I was thinking of buying a scuba tank and a fill station hose for HPA fills and was wondering how much savings you're actually looking at.

#2 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:42 PM

Well, it depends on how big of a scuba tank you're planning on purchasing (i.e. 3000psi), the tank your filling, and how easy it is to get the scuba tank refilled. My friends and I just bought a 2250psi scuba tank with a fill station so we could have a little bit of air to mess around with. The problem is there isn't anywhere close to fill it. Were looking at two 3000psi tanks this summer though. Plus one of our other friends is looking at a 5000 something psi tank. That's dang expensive.
-Ty

#3 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:53 PM

I use scuba tanks because some fields don't fill hpa here.

I got 3 tanks and 2 fill stations.

#4 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:02 PM

Note that a scuba fill station loses pressure rapidly.

If you start with a scuba 3000psi bottle and a paintball 3000psi bottle your first fill will be less than 3000psi. Dropping about 300psi per bottle filled. Its often wise not to fill your paintball bottles but stick to 2000psi max giving more life to your scuba bottle.

When the scuba tank loses pressure to be impractical you then require a new fill before the bottle is empty.

Filling a paintball tank using a Scuba Tank

For better efficiency you need at least 2 scuba bottles. You use one to fill your paintball bottle, and the second scuba bottle to top up. The drop off rate will then be less.

A 5000psi scuba tank will not have the drop off problem too quickly. But this has the risk of overfilling 3000psi bottles, so be very careful in filling.

Ensure that anyone filling has had some form of filling instruction and stick to slow fills plus stop and start a couple of times if filling an empty bottle for safety.

On a saving basis there is probably not much to be saved for the average player. This is a convenience method for home fills, or where you are in an area where getting fills is difficult. Either for private games or you attend a comercial site that primarily fills CO2.

#5 User is offline   75th Ranger 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:75th Ranger

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:15 PM

I run HPA and if I know the field can't supply I rent a bottle from my local scuba shop for $6 which includes 3000 psi fill. They let me keep it for up to 3 days at this price. I bought my transfer gage on e-bay for $19 including shipping. I get about 750 shots from the first three or four fills and then it starts to decrease about a 100 balls from then on. If you have your own tank its $3 per fill.

#6 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:46 PM

I fill my own Co2 tanks and rent two 50lb Co2 tanks. Cost for Rent on each, $5. Cost to have one exchanged for a full, $22.50.

Cost at $.25 an oz to fill just one of my Co2 tanks, $12. I use 48oz Co2 tanks and run duel tanks on remote. For what I would pay someone to fill just 6lbs of Co2, I can get 50lbs of Co2.

I have a total of six 3lb Co2 tanks. Filling my own tanks saves me time and money as well as well as I'm not as hated when I bring my tanks empty to a game. My tanks seem to kill off the fields bulk tanks :wacko: .

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users