• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spyder MR1 pistol mod i guess this is the best place to put this

#1 User is offline   scubasteve186 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:49 PM

so i have a spyder MR1 i barely use, and i was intrested in selling it until i came across a good idea, would it be possible to get a 12 g co2 into the hole below the barrel that prevents air from escaping and that way make it able to fire without an external tank? as for how i could feed pain into it, ten round tubes should work fine right?

#2 User is offline   sprayandpraypaintball 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:sprayandpraypaintball

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:41 AM

I think the hole that you are talking about is for an expansion chamber, and I'm not familiar enough with the mr1 to know if there is reg in the forward grip/magazine. If there isn't a reg in the front grip, then it should be easy enough to:

1) Pull off the magazine
2) disconnect the air hose running from the body of the marker to the asa, and remove the asa as well
3) if the 12 gram adapter won't fit in the front hole( I don't think it will), then get a Matrix ASA adapter, or a vertical mount and screw it into where the hose was connected to the body
4) put a one inch barrel and a 10 round tube on and go

If you don't want the 12 gram adapter hanging down, then you might be able to find an adapter so that you can mount it on the front, underneath the barrel. I think that would look best. If you do that, you will need a 1/8th inch plug to put in the hole that you pulled the air hose from.

Another option would be to see if you can get the 12 gram to fit in the grip of the marker. That would be slick, but could take a fair amount of work.

Post back here if you come up with any ideas or solutions. You've got me thinking about making a pistol now.

This post has been edited by sprayandpraypaintball: 29 March 2009 - 06:42 AM

#3 User is offline   scubasteve186 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:15 PM

View Postsprayandpraypaintball, on Mar 29 2009, 09:41 AM, said:

I think the hole that you are talking about is for an expansion chamber, and I'm not familiar enough with the mr1 to know if there is reg in the forward grip/magazine. If there isn't a reg in the front grip, then it should be easy enough to:

1) Pull off the magazine
2) disconnect the air hose running from the body of the marker to the asa, and remove the asa as well
3) if the 12 gram adapter won't fit in the front hole( I don't think it will), then get a Matrix ASA adapter, or a vertical mount and screw it into where the hose was connected to the body
4) put a one inch barrel and a 10 round tube on and go

If you don't want the 12 gram adapter hanging down, then you might be able to find an adapter so that you can mount it on the front, underneath the barrel. I think that would look best. If you do that, you will need a 1/8th inch plug to put in the hole that you pulled the air hose from.

Another option would be to see if you can get the 12 gram to fit in the grip of the marker. That would be slick, but could take a fair amount of work.

Post back here if you come up with any ideas or solutions. You've got me thinking about making a pistol now.

hmmm, those are pretty good ideas, the one about getting a 12 gram into the grip could work, actually if i got an airline small enough i could run a line directly from the grip where the 12 gram is to the hole where the airhose is

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users