Special Ops Paintball: So I've decided to get back into paintball. - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

So I've decided to get back into paintball. I think I want to stockclass. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Willow 

• Old Man Willow
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:14 PM

Ok guys, what's up and all that, I used to come here a lot in 06/07, but I took a hiatus from paintball, and I had made false promises about getting a phantom, well, because I had a false hope in the first place. BUT, I have a good job now, and things are looking nice. So, anyways, I knew that I would get a phantom, because every time I watch videos of stock class and pump, my adrenaline rushes, and I'm not even playing! So I want what so many people have, the rush of stock class.

I was actually going to buy a motorcycle (I figured heck, I have my whole life to get a bike!) before I realized I wanted to get back into Paintball, but I snapped out of it, and am going to bum out and pour all my energy into the game, I just can't get enough, if anyone can relate. I'm even building an outlaw field in my field. So, I need some advice/approval of my setup I'm going to get, because I have a semi already, I'm just going in berserker style with the decision to buy a phantom, and whatever happens, happens, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it once I get used to it, I'm also attracted to the possible savings when it comes to paint.

My setup I'm looking at.

Running twelvies.

VSC with a 10 rnd feed tube (I want to go nice and tight with the gun, and I will try to have good form by not using the 12g changer like a foregrip.) I guess an 11 inch barrel is the standard?

Are trigger shoes worth it? And are guages worth it?

I'm on the fence with the color, either black/silver , or silver/black acidwash :P

What other accessories should I snag, either for stock class in general, or for the Phantom?

Also, is Wevo a nice site to order from?

Edit: Oh yeah, I also need a new mask, I want one with white on it, can anyone recommend?

I might go to paintball command here in louisiana, even though it's a long drive.

Thanks .

This post has been edited by Willow: 16 January 2009 - 10:24 PM

#2 User is offline   oerllikon 

• All closed bolt.... Awwww yeeaah
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SIA5 Dagger

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:35 PM

View PostWillow, on Jan 16 2009, 11:14 PM, said:

My setup I'm looking at.

Running twelvies. :happy:

VSC with a 10 rnd feed tube (I want to go nice and tight with the gun, and I will try to have good form by not using the 12g changer like a foregrip.) I guess an 11 inch barrel is the standard? I would personally go with an 8, but an 11 is also good. Its all preference

Are trigger shoes worth it? And are guages worth it? IMHO, neither are. Gauges are nice, but you dont pay attention to them in firefights. Trigger shoes are nice, but again: I have never had a phantom in a game and said to myself "a trigger shoe would be nice right now" (ive had both trigger shoes, and normal)

I'm on the fence with the color, either black/silver , or silver/black acidwash :P Silver/black acid wash is totally awesome, in my opinion

What other accessories should I snag, either for stock class in general, or for the Phantom? lots of 10 round tubes, and a harness. Someone else should be able to think of something

Also, is Wevo a nice site to order from? Yep, one of the most reputable phantom and CCM dealers

Edit: Oh yeah, I also need a new mask, I want one with white on it, can anyone recommend? Grillz, if you have the money

I might go to paintball command here in louisiana, even though it's a long drive.

Thanks .

Thats all ive got. Good luck, and welcome back!

#3 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• Closed bolt. Rock n cock, or rock n roll.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:flyweightnate

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:20 PM

Profilers or Grillz are great masks... I own a pair of each. Profilers cover more and are harder, Grillz look cooler and are lighter and softer, and have a harder "target profile".

As far as Phantoms... 12 rd feed is perfect (15, pipe cutter). Keep 2 in the pipe while reloading. 14" is WAAAAY too long, and I think 8 is too short. 11 is ideal IMHO.

Shoulder stocks are kinda nice... I like a good t-stock on mine, but an L stock is nice too. I just need something to shoulder up to. I recommend a reflex sight, too (ADCO HotShot is great for the $$) until you get your snapshot back.

I'd go with a PBMafia Joyride pack, and either run capless or use the black flipcaps. Get a wrist holder for 12gs.

Trigger shoes, you won't notice you have one. At the end of the day, though, you'll wish you did, if you don't.

Get some good pants. C7 pants are on clearance most places, and are pretty durable stuff with good padding.

Get detent rings, at LEAST, or a good barrel kit. Paint got small. I recommend the JJ Edge kit, because I don't like Smart Parts, but lots of people bore their barrels for frea inserts or just buy a freak kit. Sanchez makes a nice kit too. PM me if you want his number... they're $100+ for a kit.
Feedback.
"Listen to nate hes always right, no joke"- Mighty Mike

#4 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:29 PM

Trigger shoes...yes I recomend them to every person I sell a Phantom to. Right after I recomend a set of detent rings.

Standard barrel size if no other size is requested is 11". It is by far the most popular and easiest for players to adapt to using.

Gauges...I like mine...but oerllikon is right you will never notice it when you are playing.

Colors...black and silver are free colors...if you decide to go acid wash you will pay a bit more.

If you are serious about runing 12ies...consider a rear stock class gun. You will get a few more good shots per 12ies and you will not be tempted to use the bucket changer as a foregrip! If you want, a drop out changer will make life a bit easier for the in game air changes.

What else I recomend...a stock. You may not like one now but they really do help in stock class rec play.

Masks....go try them on. Masks are like shoes...they do not fit everybody alike. I personally love the Avatar...but the next generation of Event is very nice....and come in white.
Profilers hate my head, to narrow same withthe Dye I3. I have yet to try on the new 4's.
Grilz...hehehe my nose touches the mask when I put in on. And if you have ever been shot on teh tip of the nose you would under stand how bad that would be.
The only masks that work for me are JT Flexs and Empire. And the 5 minutes to change lenses in JT just makes it easy for me to use my Avatars.

This post has been edited by Krazy8: 16 January 2009 - 11:36 PM

#5 User is offline   SteelHearted 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 January 2009 - 12:52 PM

Wevo paintball is a great site to use, only heard great things.
Masks: White events (empire), White I4s (Dye), White Grilz (vforce).
There's also jt proflex revolution, but I'd recommend the other three I mentioned first.
(Get a white and black phantom to match your mask!)

------------------------------------------------------
Proudly sponsored by: St. Croix paintball Supply, Splattag, CC military surplus, WPN paintball.

#6 User is offline   Willow 

• Old Man Willow
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2009 - 01:39 PM

Yes, I like black/silver acidwash.

Ok, thanks for the help, I'll go check out some masks.

So, what do people usually do to protect there nether regions down there? I always worry about getting hit between the legs. I didn't want to start a new topic on this sensitive issue, lol.

#7 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:36 PM

Football 5-pocket compression shorts are nice... stuff a foam pad in there. Most good pants also have what they call a "CB" pad... let's not discuss what the C and Bs are. Personally, I wear compression shorts under some thick pants, and I've never had a problem. The compression shorts make my target about half the usual size, and bring it from rockin out front to tucked safely between my thighs.
Feedback.

#8 User is offline   SteelHearted 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 January 2009 - 03:01 PM

View PostWillow, on Jan 17 2009, 02:39 PM, said:

Yes, I like black/silver acidwash.

Ok, thanks for the help, I'll go check out some masks.

So, what do people usually do to protect there nether regions down there? I always worry about getting hit between the legs. I didn't want to start a new topic on this sensitive issue, lol.

There's slider shorts made for paintball by a couple of companies. Proto's are really nice. Also on a lot of paintball pants there is padding. Yet again on my proto 08s I just wear boxers underneath, and I never feel the hit on steelhearted junior.

Proudly sponsored by: St. Croix paintball Supply, Splattag, CC military surplus, WPN paintball.

#9 User is offline   Willow 

• Old Man Willow
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:24 PM

Alright cool , thanks, I also heard that people stuff hand towels in their pants?

#10 User is offline   SteelHearted 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 January 2009 - 07:28 PM

View PostWillow, on Jan 17 2009, 07:24 PM, said:

Alright cool , thanks, I also heard that people stuff hand towels in their pants?

Never seen that, but yeah, most of the guys I play with have padding on their pants, or slider shorts.

#11 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:18 PM

I hang a hand towel over my waistband. Convenient for cleaning up between games too. And it keeps mighty Khan from getting roughed up.
Feedback.

#12 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:25 PM

Hang a towel...seen that alot. I simply wear a kilt! That and Empire Ground Pounder Pro slider pants.

I've seen just about everything used. But just like masks this is what is comfortable to you. I simply can not wear a cup...but I have friends that won't step on the field without one.

#13 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:00 PM

Kay, I'll say my opinion.

Don't worry about the foregrip thing, it's kind of nice to put your hand there, it often makes it more comfortable. I have rear air and I often put my hand on the trigger guard for a long shot.

Gauge, I used a VSC once with a gauge and while I didn't look at it much it was useful to be sure the 12ie is running out, before you can hear your hammer bouncing, etc.
Trigger shoe. I say why not. It's only like 5 bucks and it has a nice feel.

Detent rings, very useful. Rollouts can be aggravating with stock class.

Barrel: I have a 14" and if I'd known that you can't use the velocity adjusting rod with it I'd have gotten a 11". It's much easier with the rod then unscrewing the barrel all the time you need to make an adjustment.

Spring kit: you might as well, they are also relatively cheap and sometimes necessary to get your velocity low enough. You can unscrew the TPC (thing that adjusts spring compression) enough but then the bolt and hammer start to kink which makes the forward stroke real sticky and it causes wear on the bolt.

Wevo is great.

If you want to get a leg harness, I have a PB Mafia leg harness and tubes with speed caps that Id sell you for cheaper than new, since it's used.

I use a folded up towel, and I wear regular compression shorts. You don't feel it and it's cheap, and not obvious, good enough for me.

#14 User is offline   Willow 

• Old Man Willow
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:19 PM

Alright! Thanks for all the advice in making my stock class plans come true, I am excited because I found a paintball club near me and they have their own airball field and woods to play on.

I will just use compression shorts and a folded hand towel hanging over my waist band.

#15 User is offline   Anarchaotical 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:34 PM

Just got a black/silver acid VSC, looks great
http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=163820

Good luck with your pb ventures :P
Uncool People Deserve Power Too!
My Feedback

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)