• You cannot reply to this topic

x7 info Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   killer87 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:killer87

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:43 PM

hey i was lookin to buy an x7 but how does the barrelmount system work :panzer: :D

#2 User is offline   Curben Justic 

• The Rogue
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Curben

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:52 PM

Clarify Question please, I have one and have mounted a few things to it, but not 100% sure what your question actually is.
The Man, The Myth, The Legend

92% of the teen population would be dead if Abercrombie and Fitch said breathing wasn't cool. If you are of the 8% that would be laughin your butt off, put this in your sig

Beware the PGP

IPB Image
Phofire

#3 User is offline   Thunder Wolf 

• Thunder Wolf
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Thunder Wolf

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:33 AM

The X7 barrel system is pretty neat, having fooled around with mine for a few weeks. The stock shroud(or any for that matter any shroud I think) can just be remoed and use the flat front just like an A5. This way you can use a barrel mounted shroud or what ever. I haven't tried this yet but I think with no shroud you can mount an A5 flatline to the X7. The stock shoud has the opening just big enough for the stock barrel to fit in. The shroud itself has a little spacer ring at the front hole that can be removed to get a little more but this is not much.(I think its 1/8" at best) This kind of limits barrel choices.

Something with lots of fancy milling on the back 6"-8" of the barrel will most likely not fit. Also I've come accross chunky two peice kits that won't fit either (sorry Dye ultralites) Pretty much plain looking or thin walled barrels are your best bet. J&Js, most Hammerheads, smaller Smart Parts, and CPs come to mind right now. I think this was done to try and keep the marker more mil-sim and tactical looking.(no big multi-colored baseball bat sized barrels for this thing) unless you chop shop your shourd with something like a whole saw to widen the openings. The tiny 3"-5" barrles would be neat to try though something so small it doesn't stick out of the front of the shroud... hmmm *evil schemeing* :P

Anyhow thats just my take on the barrel setup of the X7, it has its strong points and it has its flaws.

#4 User is offline   Franzoz 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Mujahideen

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:56 PM

My x7 seven is on the way (gets here tomorrow) and i was thinking the same, about the shroud.The fact that its small narrows down choice, especially over the internet. I dont suggest buying a barrel online without checkin/knowing it fits. Thunderwolf, spread the wealth about good barrel choice for the X7!
Avatar by The Everpopular Mark. Have you played paintball in afghanistan? I have.

#5 User is offline   Thunder Wolf 

• Thunder Wolf
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Thunder Wolf

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:52 AM

From what I have observed, I can say these barrels will PROBABLY fit in the X7. Please bear in mind that I don't have the hundreds of dollars to buy all these barrels try them myself. This is what I've seen buy taking messurements of the stock X7 shroud and messuring several barrels and asking several friends who have other barrels. :wacko:

All of these recomendations are based on using the stock X7 shroud...

1. CP barrels-a good bit of these shoud fit because the artwork on the back end is pretty minimal on quite a few styles from this brand
2. Hammerheads-I have looked into getting a battlestix kit for awhile and by the way things measure up the back "fins" are small enough to mount to the barrel and keep it inside the shroud. Their one piece barrels shoud have little trouble.
3. J&J-Aside from being nice barrels their barrels like the whisper are fairly plain in style so they should have little fuss at all.
4. Smart Parts-Barrels like the linear looked they would fit fit because the "buldge" on the back would fit inside the shroud.(remove spacer ring first) I've got a 20" tactical barrel from them and I have to take the shoud apart and remove the spacer ring at the front to get the ridges on the back of the barrel to slide in properly.
5. Special ops-Stiffis and C-series look like an easy fit but I couldn't get an accurate measurement of the back where it screws into the barrel adapter.
6.Opsgear barrels-I have not seen any of these barrels in person but they all appear to have very plain milling or none at all. The only concern on these would be that the barrels themselves are too thick to fit.(If anyone has info on the size of these I'll see if they would fit((widest outside diameter of the barrel))A direct side-on picture of one on an A5 would be good.(no handguard plaes)

This is all I know of at the moment(until the new shrouds arrive). Also something of intrest would be to get the longer shrouds like the M4 or G36 to try and see if they could take two peice kits like Ultralites or freak kits. I just think these barrels would have be long enough for the tips to clear the fronts. Like the M4 and G36 I think spec ops and tippmann recomend at least a 12", 14" preferred.

-Thunder Wolf :P

#6 User is offline   skiddish9999 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SKIDDISH

Posted 11 February 2007 - 08:23 PM

the shroud that fits over the x-7 is what you are talking about...if yes read on....

i bought my x-7 and it will accept any a-5 barrel

so i thought ok i willl get me a freak kit and an apex

and now i found out...they won't fit so i look at the front shroud and there is a spacer o-ring so i took it apart and guess what the apex now fits even ok?

hope that helped or had some relevance

extremegst.com team website

#7 User is offline   Watchtower07 

• I am iron man.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sk8ergamer

Post icon  Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:06 PM

Will a 1'' barrel fit in the X7 stock shroud or the M16 shroud?Maybe with the insert removed. (specifically i mean the lapco apex ready bigshot barrel?
"If we can't do it, it doesn't need to be done."
Official Sabre #T
Tippmann Owner #84

#8 User is offline   dhallak 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 13 April 2008 - 12:40 AM

View PostWatchtower07, on Apr 10 2008, 08:06 PM, said:

Will a 1'' barrel fit in the X7 stock shroud or the M16 shroud?Maybe with the insert removed. (specifically i mean the lapco apex ready bigshot barrel?

Hi guys.
Visiting moderator from the x7og.net boards here *waves*
Thought I'd answer your question for you.
Like the above poster stated, if you unscrew the two foregrip halves and remove the "spacer" at the front of the foregrip, than tighten the two halves back together,... pretty much any and every 1" diameter barrel that will work for the a5 will work for the x7 once you remove that spacer.

And yes, the lapco bigshot will work. Lots of the guys over there are using the apex ready lapco bigshots, and loving them :laugh:
Owner, Lead Designer
Scenario Arms Paintball

#9 User is offline   Watchtower07 

• I am iron man.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sk8ergamer

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:35 AM

are all lapco bigshot apex ready barrels 12'', or does lapco make like a 14''? I prefer the 12'' anyway. just wondering.
"If we can't do it, it doesn't need to be done."
Official Sabre #T
Tippmann Owner #84

#10 User is offline   Danny 

• ACE SNIPA
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:ACE SNIPA

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:48 PM

Has anyone tried the x7 (with any shroud) and a J&J Edge Elite Kit? I'm worried that if I buy the kit it won't work with the shroud. I haven't been able to find any info on the diameter. If it doesn't work I'll have to just buy the single piece ones then.
user posted image

#11 User is offline   boomer_x7 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:boomerx7

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:00 PM

lapco comes in different sizes. 12 14 16 i believe. i got a 12. I have a home made barrel shroud on the stock shroud so i have to put barrel through shroud, screw in, and then conect the shroud to gun. i don't remember, but i think you do have to remove the barrel spacer for the stock shroud. not hard to do
LIKE CHRISTMAS WITH GUNS

#12 User is offline   Phoenix62187 

• A.K.A. "Atlas"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Phoenix62187

Posted 16 April 2008 - 08:24 PM

If you remove the stock foregrip and remove the screws,
You can separate the two halves of the foregrip.

Once they are separate,
You can remove a small plastic ring from the end where the barrel protrudes.

If you remove that small ring,
You can fit almost any barrel on the X7 without any difficulty or permanent modification.

I've tested it with everything from Smart Parts to Proto barrels.

If you remove the ring,
Any barrel will fit as long as it has the correct thread.

Phoenix
Iron Cross Recipient, D-Day 2008, for ambushing 20+ Allied Airborne soldiers with a Tac-8 pistol in broad daylight on flat open ground.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users