• You cannot reply to this topic

X7 Phenom vs. tiberius 8.1 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   cda 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:bowfishing

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:18 PM

which marker is better between the two because im trying to decide which 1 2 buy.

#2 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JTPaintball70

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:29 PM

View Postcda, on May 1 2010, 09:18 PM, said:

which marker is better between the two because im trying to decide which 1 2 buy.

It's kinda apples to Oranges. Do you want a full size marker or a limited paint pistol? Personally I'd take the Tib, but I'm not a fan of newer Tippmanns
☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

#3 User is offline   sousey 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:HELL-FIRE

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:37 PM

View Postjtpaintball70, on May 1 2010, 08:29 PM, said:

It's kinda apples to Oranges. Do you want a full size marker or a limited paint pistol? Personally I'd take the Tib, but I'm not a fan of newer Tippmanns

Completely agree "Apples & Oranges".

you may want to think about a T9.1 or T9 if you are wanting a mag fed, at least if its your only marker you can have a hopper too for the days you want to throw allot paint around.

This post has been edited by sousey: 01 May 2010 - 08:40 PM

#4 User is offline   cda 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:38 PM

View Postjtpaintball70, on May 1 2010, 09:29 PM, said:

i have a tip 98c with stock and 16" barrel but i would use a pistol or full size marker i just was wondering if some1 could tell me the pros and cons of both because i havent shot either gun but from the vids ive seen they both look like good guns or maybe even consider a tippmann tpx i dont want to spend more then 400

This post has been edited by cda: 01 May 2010 - 08:47 PM

#5 User is offline   esperto96 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:esperto96

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:00 AM

Definately apples and oranges. But here's my take.

The Tiberius 8 (and 9) have very large grips compared to most other markers. If you have large hands, its not a problem. If you have small hands and short fingers, it might feel too large to hold comfortably. I've stayed away from Tiberius personally for that reason. They're good guns but the ergonomics don't fit me.

The X7 Phenom I own and love. The grip frame is smaller and easy to get my hands around. The fact that it is an electro that can keep shooting in Semi Mode if you have the battery, board, or solonoid go down is comforting though I haven't had anything go down on me. The trigger pull is softer than any other Tippmann I've shot in both semi or electro mode. The stock barrel is the best Tippmann has put on their guns in long time. It shoots through breaks well and aims true. I personally like the cyclone, it lets me use either a full hopper or a small capacity tac-cap and requires no batteries. The Phenom's cyclone has been altered from older cyclones to be easier on the paint.

I recommend getting your hands on each and trying both out before you buy. Both are well made. If you do go Tiberius, and you're not sure about staying with pistol play, I'd recommend the T9 which will let you play pistol or rifle, clip fed or hopper fed. It's just a more versatile platform overall than the T8.

#6 User is offline   cda 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:15 AM

View Postesperto96, on May 2 2010, 08:00 AM, said:

Definately apples and oranges. But here's my take.

The Tiberius 8 (and 9) have very large grips compared to most other markers. If you have large hands, its not a problem. If you have small hands and short fingers, it might feel too large to hold comfortably. I've stayed away from Tiberius personally for that reason. They're good guns but the ergonomics don't fit me.

The X7 Phenom I own and love. The grip frame is smaller and easy to get my hands around. The fact that it is an electro that can keep shooting in Semi Mode if you have the battery, board, or solonoid go down is comforting though I haven't had anything go down on me. The trigger pull is softer than any other Tippmann I've shot in both semi or electro mode. The stock barrel is the best Tippmann has put on their guns in long time. It shoots through breaks well and aims true. I personally like the cyclone, it lets me use either a full hopper or a small capacity tac-cap and requires no batteries. The Phenom's cyclone has been altered from older cyclones to be easier on the paint.

I recommend getting your hands on each and trying both out before you buy. Both are well made. If you do go Tiberius, and you're not sure about staying with pistol play, I'd recommend the T9 which will let you play pistol or rifle, clip fed or hopper fed. It's just a more versatile platform overall than the T8.

can you turn a t8 into a t9

#7 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Enhander

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:22 AM

If it is a base T8 or T8.1 then no.
As others has have said..its really 2 completely different markers. I would go T9 or T9.1 if you go the Tiberius route. The T9 series offers the out-of-box capacity to be a rifle/smg/pistol. You wont have the rate of fire of the Phenom..but the T9..or any Tib marker for that matter, is amazing.

That being said, the Phenom is also an amazing marker. Easily my favorite Tippmann marker to date. We will have a Phenom Review video coming out this week, until then, check out our T9 and T9.1 reviews:

T9
QsEfkW9Asq0

T9.1
jewCmeR2jlU

T9.1 Basic Remote Install
JJ4cBaJHraA

This post has been edited by Enhander: 03 May 2010 - 06:23 AM

#8 User is offline   cda 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:17 PM

View PostEnhander, on May 3 2010, 07:22 AM, said:

If it is a base T8 or T8.1 then no.
As others has have said..its really 2 completely different markers. I would go T9 or T9.1 if you go the Tiberius route. The T9 series offers the out-of-box capacity to be a rifle/smg/pistol. You wont have the rate of fire of the Phenom..but the T9..or any Tib marker for that matter, is amazing.

That being said, the Phenom is also an amazing marker. Easily my favorite Tippmann marker to date. We will have a Phenom Review video coming out this week, until then, check out our T9 and T9.1 reviews:

T9
QsEfkW9Asq0

T9.1
jewCmeR2jlU

T9.1 Basic Remote Install
JJ4cBaJHraA

awesome vids. im on my way to gettin a t9.1 but 1 question b4 i do can u use regular paintballs in the first strike mag

#9 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:18 PM

Yep. Normal paintballs can be used in the FS mags

#10 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:17 PM

View PostEnhander, on May 3 2010, 10:18 PM, said:

Yep. Normal paintballs can be used in the FS mags

But not the other way around. You can't put FS rounds in a T9/T8 mag (at least not without modification), thought I'd clarify for cda just in case. That's why if you are going to go the Tiberius route, you should jump to the FS compatible versions.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#11 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:14 AM

This is true. Get a new T9.1 or T8.1

and for good measure..the Tippmann X7 Phenom review

8YR_PsmRPJ8

This post has been edited by Enhander: 14 May 2010 - 06:16 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1