• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Camouflaged Webbing and Straps

#1 User is offline   Zalakat 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:23 AM

So I'm looking to buy a lightweight vest in MultiCam with a minimum of 2 pods, 1 tank, and a radio pouch on the front, with nothing on the back. Even just a decent light MOLLE shell would be fine for me, if I could also locate the pouches to go with it.

Except here's my problem. I have been immensely frustrated over the last couple of days during this search online, for multiple reasons. Foremost among those reasons is that, apparently, nobody makes vests, harnesses, pouches, tank holders, or any other paintball gear ENTIRELY in a given camouflage pattern. Sure, there's always a patch of the pattern on the pouches themselves, but the straps, clips, buckles, webbing, etc is always a solid color and almost always obscures the pattern itself to such a degree that it's rendered practically worthless. A majority of the lightweight gear I've seen offered online has had a higher percentage of single-color than the base camouflage pattern itself.

Additionally, there appear to be no active paintball forums anywhere on the internet. Even the major paintball.com-esque websites get more threads in their "Off-topic" and "General Discussion" forums than in their gear/tactics/reviews forums.

Does anybody make FULL MultiCam gear, and are there any paintball forums online that aren't totally deserted?

#2 User is offline   1-I 

• Creator of the number 7
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:1-I

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:42 AM

In the last 10 years I have not seen a full camo vest thing as you described, clips, zips, and odds and ends Ive not seen camoed.

The problem you will encountare is that all the non-camo parts you want camoed are normally made from outsided manufacters and as I think of it I havent even seen military with the full level of camo you speak of.

As for the online lack of, well I guess we call it a recession.
Posted Image

Glory is for the weak.

#3 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:45 PM

Cost effectivness.

Making buckels and catches that incorporate that camo partern woud require a water transfer graphic to be added to each part. That step alone would nearly double the cost of those parts.
Then take in what it would take to add the same pattern of camo to the nylon webbing....I rather scre myself to think of the added cost in that phase of manufacturing.

As it is the licencing fees alone make the cost of fabric ridiculously expensive for these companies making softgoods...adding those fees and extra steps would double the cost of your vest...possibly more than double.

As for the on topic situation...well people are people and keeping them on track is difficult to say the least.

#4 User is offline   Zalakat 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:19 AM

Thanks for the response guys, I figured the answer was a cost/benefit one. That being said, can you recommend anywhere that does that type of work for people with money to spend? I'm looking to buy a kickass gift for a good friend of mine (not concerned with arrival before the holidays).

#5 User is offline   1-I 

• Creator of the number 7
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:1-I

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:55 AM

At one time years ago a member was showing off his water transfer business, then he mysteriously vanished.
But I did a quick search and looks like that ole internet has a couple of sites available so here is one link
http://www.watertransferprinting.com/
Posted Image

Glory is for the weak.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users