Special Ops Paintball: flatline? - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

flatline? Rate Topic: -----

Poll: flatline (102 member(s) have cast votes)

whould i run a flat line

1. yes (57 votes [54.81%])

Percentage of vote: 54.81%

2. no (47 votes [45.19%])

Percentage of vote: 45.19%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 User is offline   Snagletooth 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Big Papa Pink

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:51 PM

Hello Everyone,
Today was the first time I played with the 12 inch Lapco Apex ready Big Shot and I have to say that I'm very impressed. It produced much Tighter grouping than the Stiffy-Apex I was using before. On the fifth step of the Apex I was able to thread balls through holes at ranges that made the rest of the players on the field mad. "Suppressive Shooting" became accurate, which is great, but it will decrease my ability to suppress larger areas like I could with other barrels to some degree. I would agree with Knightwolf16, skip the flatline and go with a quality Apex-Ready barrel. Several manufacturers make them now, and they are quite easy to find. Overall I'd say I'm very impressed with the 12 inch Lapco, next time we'll see what the 8 inch can do.
Domination Through Saturation

#47 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 15 June 2008 - 10:42 PM

If you get the Apex and want to change the barrel, you have a couple of choices. Some Smart Parts All American barrels come ready for the Apex tip. Lapco also has some barrels that are Apex ready.

NAM is right, you can find the Apex for around $50-$60. The inner diameter of the stock barrel is huge, I've ehard its around 0.7 inches. It definitely is much more tolerant on the paint than the flatline
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#48 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:19 AM

View PostSniper Hunter19, on Dec 27 2007, 11:43 PM, said:

well y did u hate it i mean my brothers is frickin good and gets really good groupings and we got it used then he sprays GUN SOLVENT in it and gunks up the entire gun screws up the trigger assembly crap and then after a thorough cleaning and fixing really shot like a dream i dont know about the a5 flatline but the 98 is goo so plz post stuff about the a5 flatline

The 98 Flatline is pretty decent. I had some great shots with mine but you have to make sure its properly tuned.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#49 User is offline   NAM 

• future property of the USMC
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:NAM

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:51 PM

I say go with the Apex. It is cheaper, easier on paint, not very picky, and you can turn it off to get better close range accuracy unlike the flatline. You also have the advantage of the other modes it has. I hate the stock barrel though it is horribly inaccurate at any range unless the apex is on. I mounted mine on a PMI 14" Razor barrel. It is a $15 barrel and will put ball on top of ball every time. I mounted the apex on this useing a $15 apex adapter from J&J and a dremel with a grinding stone to take off the excess metal from the barrel so the adapter would slide over it.
"Future property of the U.S.M.C.''
"92% of teens would drop dead if Abercrombie and Fitch said breathing wasn't cool. If your one of the 8% who would be laughing their butt off, put this in your sig.''
"if you are addicted to paintball, put this in your sig"
"if the first thing you would grab if your house was on fire is your paintball gear, put this in your sig"
"tippman rocks, if you think the same, put this in your sig"
98% of teenagers have tried pot. If your the 2% who havent, put this in your sig.

#50 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:16 PM

I've always had decent luck with my Flatline, though I don't always use it or the A-5 its on. I've never had any real problems with range, accuracy, breaking paint, and certainly not anyone "dodging" my shots. :panzer:

I also like the Apex tip, and it is certainly a more flexible platform, but I see no major performance difference vs. the Flatline, so its really personal taste and experience that are at play in this debate.

it's a lot like the Ford vs. Chevy debate- there are fans and haters on both sides, and they have their reasons. Each product has certain pluses and minuses, as many here have stated. As for me, having used both, if you're looking for added range and are willing to learn to properly set-up, use and care for either one, then you really can't go wrong with either one. As I've said before on this form, I have never seen a game be lost or won because a player had the "wrong" gun or equipment.

At the end of the day, the barrels are just tools that are only as good as the person pulling the trigger, so don't worry too much about what you're shooting, but how.
This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

#51 User is offline   Na-nook 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Na-nook

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:55 AM

I would never use a flatline again they are not accurate. When I am trying to shoot someone I want to hit them on my first or second shot not my second or third hopper.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users