• You cannot reply to this topic

new paintball store what would you like to see? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Dragon76 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Dragon76

Post icon  Posted 12 July 2009 - 05:41 PM

if you knew some one that was opening a paintball store and you were asked what you would want to see it. tell me everything your heart would desire from the PB world.

#2 User is offline   Overkillforeva 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 12 July 2009 - 05:46 PM

A good pro-shop, at least 2 air-smiths. A Mill, CNC. Barrels,Markers,Paint. Co2, Nitrogen, and HPA Fills. And the ability to feel and test shoot guns before buying, maybe even a few bunkers to play around with while testing the marker, to see how it feels playing around them. Possibly an on-site field...
I am amazed that I spend countless hours on this site yet only post during a small percentage of that time.
Poor newb in need of pumpy goodness. Donations greatly enjoyed!
Orange:The color of Childhood Cancer Light Blue:The color of leukemia. I am a survivor.
I think I love Becc

#3 User is offline   The Toxic 

• Rot Away
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Toxic

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:21 PM

On site field, everything said above, pump paintball days, techs, and lots of separate pieces and sell used gear.

#4 User is offline   WeltCollector 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:WeltCollector

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:25 PM

I would want replacement parts for every hopper, mask, and gun. I mean every replacement part for every item. I would want every upgrade for every gun, mask, and hopper so I can see them and compare them with each other. I don't like to be limited to just the brands and styles that the store wants to carry. Usually the only reason I buy online is when what I want is not available at the local shop. I know this is impossible, but that is what I would want. I would also like an place where I could test what I was looking to buy. I would like a wide variety of paint so I can choose what I want. I want staff that is helpful about equipment for every style of play, not just what they like. No biased opinions, just real support for whatever I wanted. Every type of lube so I can compare and choose what I want. I want game videos running in the store so I can watch some when I come in. I want 5000 PSI air fills. What I want is everything that is available in one store so that I don't buy something and then fine something better when I went somewhere else. I guess I want it all.
<a href="http://www.pickuppaintball.tk" target="_blank">Pickup Paintball</a>

<a href="http://www.paintballpics.us" target="_blank">Tourney Pics</a>

#5 User is offline   Dragon76 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:40 PM

wow you guys are greedy buggers :P hehehe

we moved to a town about 3 hours from winnipeg and we are still in ontario. Very northern ontario. there is no pb shop here and so we were thinking of opening one. we have a HUGE retail space open to us if we want it. we would be the only store for a couple hours drive. i have like no tech experience so couldn't do repairs yet.

we would have the room to set up a test firing range :) sadly there would be no room for an indoor play space. we would have c02/hpa fills for sure. i've talked to a few people around here and they actually have let their kids move to winnipeg for the summer so they can play. we need to find a vendor to get all of our start up stock from.

keep the ideas coming for sure :) thanks again.

#6 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• LVL 0 Human class flanker-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:02 PM

oh yeah lets add this tidy new idea......replacement airsmiths as well :P lol.

be pretty hard to find replacment lenses for something like the original Vents masks, or the foam for say, SKUL masks.....or lens for them as well.........

replacement parts for every gun possible?! do that, in fact, MANUFACTURE them, and you're gonna get legions of MCB'ers lining up to buy the parts they need to keep their Nightmares, Mokals, Rainmakers, Raptors, Fsomethings, obscure guns, nelsons, splatmasters, and the like!!

have 2 distinct wings in the store, the current stuff, and the old school stuff, as well as the used gear section, and rare section, and replacements, and get into a distribution contract with CCM and CCI and other brands, not just DYE or Tippmann or BLAST.....
Team Black Sheep, Oregon Division
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable " - /-wear me!?

#7 User is offline   Deus Ex Machina 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:04 PM

Here are the things I look for in a paintball store. They're not really what I would like from a paintball store, just the things I want my local shop to have.

1.) Cleanliness - If your building looks dirty, chances are I'm not going to buy from it.
2.) Major Brands - I want to see you carry what I consider to be major brands. These are: Tippmann, Spyder, Dye/Proto, Kee (Empire/Invert/BT/Extreme Rage), and Planet Eclipse.
3.) Good Variety - I don't want to see a store that just has markers, or just has clothes. I'd like to see a decent mix of markers, clothing, upgrades (barrels and hoppers), air tanks, and spare parts.
4.) Paint and Air/Co2 - 90% of my trips to a paintbal store are for air refills and to buy paint.
5.) Knowledgeable Staff - While I don't expect the staff to know disassemble a VM-68 blindfolded, I do want them to be able to tell me the differences between an Ion and an SLG, or the differences between an A-5 and an X-7.
6.) Friendly Service - If your staff acts like jerks towards me, not only will I not buy from you, I will recommend that my friends don't buy from you as well.

#8 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:12 PM

You can avoid keeping *everything* in stock if you set up a nice catalog area, or some sort of information center where you can read about what's out there (hell, even a computer set to PBreview would work). What'd make it work is if you could set something up with dealer-discounts or what-have-you to where you had the selectionof shopping online, without necessarily having to pay the price of shopping online. Even if all the customer saves is shipping and handling -- or even just a headache -- if you make that an available resource, I bet it'd help.

Everyone's said all the important stuff, so I guess that's it. Any sort of exotic- or custom-weapon shop will get you repeat customers -- even if they don't buy the weird guns, they like the fact that you HAVE weird guns.
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#9 User is offline   sipbgod94 

• proud pistol toter
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:03 PM

Cater towards outlaw players with chrono's and such.

reasonable prices, and definitely at least a snap cage for trying out gear.

I know its been said but a good,nice,knowledgeable staff is king. If I like the people who work at the store I will be inclined to stop by for every little thing and to recommend the store to everyone I know.
Resident Lax know-all, got a lacrosse related question ask here.

#10 User is offline   Dragon76 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:39 PM

the location we are looking at used to be a wake/snow/skate board shop and it was change rooms already. has a large back room big enough for 2 test fire areas (lots of mesh) :dodgy: there is am area we can hook up pcs and have catalogs and stuff.

#11 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:47 PM

Ok, heres the full convo on girls clothes and my opinions. Enjoy. Yes its my final answer

[23:22] Becc: well he saw the post up on pbn
[23:23] Becc: and we were discussing the market and how even girls were against clothes for girls in paintball
[23:23] Becc: and heres my logic, unbiased take it either way
[23:23] Becc: if youre chubby, you fit mens clothes just fine. there is no special hourglass shap
[23:23] Dragon: oh ok
[23:23] Becc: now, honestly, over half the girls who paintball are of that size
[23:24] Becc: so thats 50% of girls who play. now of that, only half are likely to actually wear pb paints
[23:25] Becc: thats 25% of girls that paintball will actually want the option, whetehr or not they follow up on it
[23:25] Becc: so it comes down to like 15% of girls who paintball regularly wanting these pants
[23:26] Becc: or whatevers
[23:26] Becc: and beng VERY generous, 5% of the total population is girls
[23:26] Becc: so thats 18% of 5%, which im too lazy to calculate
[23:26] Dragon: haha me to
[23:27] Becc: oh fine, its .75% of paintballers
[23:27] Becc: if we have 10,000 paintballers who play paintball (no idea the actual number)
[23:27] Becc: thats only 75 girls buying these things
[23:28] Becc: which equates to MABYE 90 pairs of these clothing items being sold
[23:28] Becc: so, logisitically, no tourney gear for girls is not a good idea for businesses
[23:28] Becc: HOWEVAR!
[23:28] Becc: i be selfish, and so be all the other girls.
[23:28] Becc: so i haz a proposition
[23:29] Becc: how hard can it possibly be to have one manufacturer change the hem size and length of a GOLLY GEE WILIKERS pair of paints
[23:29] Becc: they already have a bagillion sizes
[23:29] Becc: why not a female s/m/l?
[23:29] Becc: because ill make do with the jerseys
[23:29] Becc: and pod packs
[23:29] Becc: and sandanas
[23:29] Becc: but those FREAKING paintbal pants
[23:29] Becc: do not come in anywhere close to 'fitting', and theyre the one thing you cant do without
[23:29] Dragon: yeah i know
[23:30] Becc: and other than that, one more thing
[23:31] Becc: from a business standpoint, chest protectors make a lot of sense
[23:31] Becc: because, think about it
[23:31] Becc: maybe 5% of paintballers are girls
[23:32] Dragon: i spent 100.00 + on a vest after getting shot in the boob :dodgy:
[23:32] Becc: but 15% of 'few-time-ballas' are girls (ive actually kept track of this statistic, reffing private groups)
[23:32] Becc: and im willing to bed that 75% of them would spend money for a walmart version of a chest protector- just like one of those stupid full-body protectors some places rent that happen to not fit over boobs, or if they wanna be cool, elastic with giant pads on the front, nothing fancy, or maybe a fancy option with cup sizes too.
[23:33] Becc: becuase no girl likes getting boobie shots, not even me
[23:33] Becc: and because if youre trying to get your girl to play, and 10 dollars in a chest protector is standing in your way, youll buy the chest protector. because its usually the 'security blanket' it takes to get a girl to play, whether or not she usesi t after the first game.
[23:33] Becc: now, thats a wee bit closer to 1125 of thesethings being sold, with 10,000 players.
[23:34] Becc: not to mention all the other girls, who play speedball regularly, because even i would wear one if i was playing snake for a day, aftrer my freind got bunkered and it turned into a huge medical thing [23:22] Becc: well he saw the post up on msn
[23:22] Becc: *not msn, pbn
[23:23] Becc: and we were discussing the market and how even girls were against it
[23:23] Becc: and heres my logic, unbiased take it either way
[23:23] Dragon: girls against what? paintball?
[23:23] Becc: if youre chubby, you fit mens clothes just fine. there is no special hourglass shap
[23:23] Becc: against clothes for girls in paintball
[23:23] Dragon: oh ok
[23:23] Becc: now, honestly, over half the girls who paintball are of that size
[23:24] Dragon: god finding a pair of pants to fit me was horrid
[23:24] Dragon: im 5'3/4" and 140lb and i have HIPS
[23:24] Becc: so thats 50% of girls who play. now of that, only half are likely to actually wear pb paints
[23:24] Becc: lol 3/4 and would you just listen HAR DE HAR HAR!
[23:24] Dragon: haha sorry
[23:25] Becc: so
[23:25] Becc: thats 25% of girls that paintball will actually want the option, whetehr or not they follow up on it
[23:25] Becc: so it comes down to like 18% of girls who paintball regularly wanting these pants
[23:26] Becc: or whatevers
[23:26] Becc: and beng VERY generous, 5% of the total population is girls
[23:26] Becc: so thats 18% of 5%, which im too lazy to calculate
[23:26] Dragon: haha me to
[23:27] Becc: .75% of paintballers
[23:27] Becc: if we have 10,000 paintballers who play paintball (no idea the actual number)
[23:27] Becc: thats only 75 girls buying these things
[23:28] Becc: which equates to MABYE 90 pairs of these clothing items being sold
[23:28] Becc: so, logisitically, no tourney gear for girls is not a good idea for businesses
[23:28] Becc: HOWEVAR!
[23:28] Becc: i be selfish, and so be all the other girls.
[23:28] Becc: so i haz a proposition
[23:29] Becc: how hard can it possibly be to have on manufacturer change the hem size and length of a GOLLY GEE WILIKERS pair of paints
[23:29] Becc: they already have a bagillion sizes
[23:29] Becc: why not a female s/m/l?
[23:29] Becc: because ill make do with the jerseys
[23:29] Becc: and pod packs
[23:29] Becc: and sandanas
[23:29] Becc: but those FREAKING paintbal pants
[23:29] Becc: do not come in anywhere close to 'fitting'
[23:29] Dragon: yeah i know
[23:30] Becc: and other than that, one more thing
[23:30] Dragon: i had to buy a jr large and over the winter i "grew" :)
[23:30] Becc: lol
[23:30] Dragon: damn hips
[23:30] Becc: i got an adult small cause the jr's are too short
[23:30] Becc: but it swims on me
[23:30] Dragon: im short
[23:30] Becc: lucky
[23:30] Dragon: my 12 year old daughter is taller than me
[23:30] Dragon: NOOOOO not lucky
[23:30] Becc: lol
[23:30] Dragon: i take a size 4 boys shoe
[23:31] Becc: anyway! I HAZ POINT TO MAKE BEFORE BED
[23:31] Becc: lol
[23:31] Becc: now
[23:31] Becc: from a business standpoint, chest protectors make a lot of sense
[23:31] Becc: because, think about it
[23:31] Becc: maybe 5% of paintballers are girls
[23:32] Dragon: i soend 100.00 + on a vest after getting shot in the tit :(
[23:32] Becc: but 15% of 'few-time-ballas' are girls (ive actually kept track of this statistic, reffing private groups)
[23:32] Becc: and im willing to bed that 75% of them would spend money for a walmart version of a chest protector
[23:33] Becc: becuase no girl likes getting boobie shots, not even me
[23:33] Becc: and because if youre trying to get your girl to play, and 10 dollars in a chest protector is standing in your way, youll doll out the chest protector
[23:33] Becc: now, thats a wee bit closer to 1125 of thesethings being sold
[23:34] Becc: not to mention all the other girls, who play speedball regularly, because even i would wear one if i was playing snake for a day, aftrer my freind got bunkered in the nipple and it turned into a huge medical thing, because it damaged the tissue and her boob swelled up due to internal bruising and the likes
[23:34] Becc: normally, no ill just take the hit. but we've all had those days where we're like 'this is close and high velocity, and one of these hits is gonna hurt bad.
[23:34] Dragon: owwwwie

#12 User is offline   Dragon76 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:59 PM

thanks Becc, post all my silly typos :dodgy:

#13 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:31 PM

i fixed a few...

#14 User is offline   mtaylor 

• Lacking Creativity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mtaylor

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:19 AM

You don't need to stock everything. One good gun tech, and the ability to fill CO2 and HPA (3000 is fine, just a scuba tank or 2) is all you need for services.

As for stock, Tippmanns basically sell themselves, lower end electros like Minis and SLG's also go pretty well. Don't stock high ends like Egos and DM's, they will sit on your wall for months before they go. You want basic parts like ASA's, lenses, regs, hoppers, and stuff like that. Have a good selection of masks available to try. Try to have a good variety of playing and casual gear. (Jerseys, pants, T-Shirts, shorts, that stuff)

When you first open, try to keep a good stock of basic stuff and make special orders of things you don't stock QUICKLY. This will get you return business.

DON'T let people test fire guns, it's unnecessary and makes the guns harder to sell due to them not actually being new.

Also, don't put prices on your gun wall. That way, when you are broken into (And you will be) there's a decent chance of people taking the "cool" guns as opposed to the expensive ones. (We had a break in a while back where the guys took 3 98's and a BT4, walking past 2 Impact SL8R's) Just have a book, or a computer that staff can use for prices of items.

You can feel free to PM me if you want any more tips. I work in a shop, and have a decent idea of how things go.

<Insert Sig Here>

#15 User is offline   C0N0R 

• whose the guy who horked our clothes eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mad Sabre

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:00 AM

lap dances, free beer, stuff like that ya know.

..oh yeah, a good gun tech would be nice
SO's own Guitar player/luthier (builder), ask me any questions about guitars or guitar building.
brownie points-15
Gear- Jackson DX10D with OFR, Tremol-no, and concentric pots. Schecter omen 6 with... wait.. wrong forum..
Hope you plan on keeping it, resale on big pickups is dropping faster than your mom's skirt-aqua__scummm

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users