• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

bob longs mil sim marker...M Tac Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   d-nis 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 August 2008 - 04:22 AM

hey guys i just saw the pic of this new marker on onother forum...and just wanted to know what all of you tought about it?
sorry but i didnt know how to put on the pic..
THINK LIKE A GUN!
TAC-ONE LOVER...

#2 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2008 - 04:34 AM

Looks good, but it'll be expensive. my understanding is its a marq in a milsim shell. I'd rather just get a marq though then the m-tac.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#3 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 30 August 2008 - 04:40 AM

god i can't stand how every company is just throwing out milsim electros like no tomorrow. Yeah, it's nice that they actually want to give support to those that don't just frequent speedball fields, but still....i hate milsim, and see no place for it in paintballl. I hate seeing markers looking like real guns...that is just bad idea in my book.

I'd rather that if they want to pander to the other side of paintball they just make the same marker, don't mill it as much and color it OD green. That would be fine. Throwing out markers with rails and shrouds and all that crap on them doesn't make me want it more. It makes me lose respect for the company, cause they are all just jumping on the bandwagon, and eventually it will tip over when it overfills.

Am i happy that manufacturers are looking at woodsball, yes...but woodsball =/= milsim....those are two ENTIRELY different fields. And i hate how they are just lumped together by everyone now.

edit: just saw a pic...god that is ugly...and worse it's another marker with a damn fire selector switch on the outside...oh that will really help stop people from turning on FA all the time, then going right back to Semi when the ref comes by :P I hate that...worst PB idea ever...taking out the tourney locks that "speedball" markers have, and just give the "milsim" a fire selector on the outside, that is just a switch.....

This post has been edited by Legato: 30 August 2008 - 04:47 AM

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#4 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 30 August 2008 - 05:50 AM

About time tourney-focused marker companies recognize the expanding MILSIM market. We like some of the performance features...without the pretty metalflake of course...that would detract from our well-earned, war-mongering, and underground militia public image. But our paintballing brethren needn't worry...just because we have some real performance under all that rail and shroud crap, you still won't catch many of us shooting up our bodies or the neighborhood on youtube and the like. And I guess we'll have to do without the internal tourney ROF block...us MILSIM guys will just have to continue trusting each other with an outside switch...that's where it belongs anyway.

This post has been edited by Warpaint: 30 August 2008 - 06:06 AM

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:17 AM

It was mentioned on this forum a while ago, with a pic. It looked good, but not very affordable.

#6 User is offline   mass destruction 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:36 AM

View PostLegato, on Aug 30 2008, 04:40 AM, said:

edit: just saw a pic...god that is ugly...and worse it's another marker with a damn fire selector switch on the outside...oh that will really help stop people from turning on FA all the time, then going right back to Semi when the ref comes by :o I hate that...worst PB idea ever...taking out the tourney locks that "speedball" markers have, and just give the "milsim" a fire selector on the outside, that is just a switch.....

yeah i saw a pic too and i hated the way it looked.

it might still have a tourney lock, you may just have to access the board to engage it, thats how it is with my mr2.
(quote-Iron Eagle) This is why my preferred way of death is strapping a bomb to myself, walking into PETA HQ and detonating it.
(Quote-weltmaker2000) I don't call my guns pumps. I refer to them as euthanizers of the stupid.

#7 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:49 AM

View Postd4rkmonkey, on Aug 30 2008, 07:34 AM, said:

Looks good, but it'll be expensive. my understanding is its a marq in a milsim shell. I'd rather just get a marq though then the m-tac.

M-tac = Marq Tactical. It is the marq internals.

#8 User is offline   FlamingoChavez 

• (insert title here)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rooster45

Posted 31 August 2008 - 05:15 AM

View Postmass destruction, on Aug 30 2008, 08:36 AM, said:

yeah i saw a pic too and i hated the way it looked.

it might still have a tourney lock, you may just have to access the board to engage it, thats how it is with my mr2.

BT's had a lock, no reason to think this one won't also.

This post has been edited by FlamingoChavez: 31 August 2008 - 05:15 AM

#9 User is offline   milsim berry 

• PUNISHER
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MILSIM_BERRY

Posted 28 December 2008 - 02:52 PM

if i was rich i would buy it I love it we get perfomence with out it looking like a space gun
Christian paintballer
USMC Semper Fi
LOOKING FOR A TEAM
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   brymokidwonder 

• EPIC FAIL<3
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2008 - 04:09 PM

i dont really understand it either. why not just buy a marq? A marq is the exact same thing without all the useless poo. and probably a lot lighter. but to eache his own.

#11 User is offline   SteelHearted 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:01 AM

Guys, on actionvillage they have one without all the extra crap. Just saying.

------------------------------------------------------
Proudly sponsored by: St. Croix paintball Supply, Splattag, CC military surplus, WPN paintball.

#12 User is offline   milsim berry 

• PUNISHER
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MILSIM_BERRY

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:08 PM

Why dose every one hate the m tac. You know milsimer would like performence to I think it's exspensive and they could have done a better job on the body but it's still a pretty cool gun.

This post has been edited by milsim berry: 01 January 2009 - 09:09 PM

Christian paintballer
USMC Semper Fi
LOOKING FOR A TEAM
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Metalbender 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Metalbender

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:50 PM

That M Tac is close to a grand...and well just darn ugly...

Metalbender

#14 User is offline   Erdheizer 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:44 PM

I'm not going to get into the, "should there be Mil-Sim, should there not be Mil-Sim", however Mil-Sim has pretty much
been around since the beginning, and I doubt it will ever go away. I've owned pretty much a little of everything there has been to own
and I'd say my recent aquisitions do not lump me into any particular catagory.

In the past couple months I've picked up a CCM S6, a RAP5 SD6, a Gen 4 Empire 2 Intimidator, a PGP with work done by Punisher's Customs and a Sergison K-Frame, this M-Tac, and I would like to get a Redux.

In the end in my mind, paintball is paintball, it is what you use it for.

I picked up a M-Tac, have had it about a week and well its really a nice marker.

Posted Image

Thats how it actually ships, if you've seen the pics with the laser, bi-pod, ACOG, etc etc etc well it doesn't come with any of that.
What you get is a very clean, extremely well built marker.

It ships with the latest Marq profficiency engine, the same Tadao board that will ship in upcoming Marqs, ability to use 4c eyes, and since it is the same
board, yes it does include a tourny lock.

I found it to be very well thought out, as like a Mini or TM7 there are no external air lines or anything to get caught on foliage and such, adjustment is
quite simple, and anyone used to Marqs, Intimidators, Egos, Cockers etc will have no problem tuning it in.

Out of the box, I found +/-5 consistency with the stock .691 barrel using RPS All Stars paint. Chrono was set to 292 avg, but I brought it down to the 280
that most of the fields out here use.

Weight is significant, it clocks in at 4lbs 4.5 ounces with the Stock Barrel and battery. Roughly comparable to a X-7 with a Flatline for comparison's sake.
I have the Stage 2 model however, the Stage 1 is shorter and probably sheds a half a pound maybe.

Firing impressions, it is quite stable, kick is insignificant, helped of course by the Marq engine, and the fact it weighs loaded probably in the 8lb neighborhood.
ROF is ridiculous on full auto, easily keeping up with any marker out there.

Comparing it to a TM7 or X-7/A-5 there is no comparison, the M-Tac is quiet, about as accurate a platform (recoil wise) as anything, will easily best the others
in ROF, maintence is simple, definately easier than the TM7.

Worth close to a grand? Well thats something you have to answer for yourself. Chances are like all Bob Long products, its not going to hold much value over
time compared to say a Tac One. Is the ROF and what not nessecary? Again I guess it would depend on your personal style of play.

I've actually probably put almost as much money in my X-7 with of course less results...
300 for the Marker
120 for the E-Trigger
140 in Cyclone related upgrades
70 for an Apex
300 for customization to make it look like an AK-74u

Its really not comparable however, its like saying is a TM7 worth it compared to an SP-1... well you could easily argue it both ways.

This post has been edited by Erdheizer: 30 January 2009 - 05:54 PM

#15 User is offline   BK_NC 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:04 AM

I personally love Milsim markers. No reason for anyone to hate on people who enjoy milsim markers and using it for paintball. To each his own though if he/she wants to hate on other paintballers. I'm not into speedball or airball all that much. I've played those fields and had some fun but I love playing in the woods or in scenario type fields. I however would never hate on someone who only loves speedball/airball/tourny play. To me we all love paintball and that's the important thing.

That being said, I personally wouldn't buy one because of cost alone. Plus, I like either all the way milsim or not in a marker. An in between look like this doesn't much appeal to me unless there is a way to mod it to look more like a real gun. I have an Ion and love it. I also have an A5 with some milsim MP5 mods and love it. I next want to get a Mil-Sig clip-fed M4 style marker.

At the risk of being a heretic who will be hated on for being "milsim", I'm going to mod an airsoft body (gasp!!) to accept my Ion internals.

Back on point, I'm not sure how much this will appeal to the Milsim paintballer. Probably not much given the cost and in between looks. Maybe to a woodsballer (which I love doing to) since it looks a little less like a speedball tourny marker and has rails for any ups you want to put on it.

Good luck to him though.

This post has been edited by BK_NC: 19 February 2009 - 09:10 AM

Arsenal: Ion, Tipp M98
Big Fan of the P90 and will do an airsoft/Ion mod of one someday soon.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users