Special Ops Paintball: Assault pack - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Assault pack

Poll: Assault pack (19 member(s) have cast votes)

What patterns?

1. Multicam (15 votes [31.91%])

Percentage of vote: 31.91%

2. Woodland (6 votes [12.77%])

Percentage of vote: 12.77%

3. ACU (8 votes [17.02%])

Percentage of vote: 17.02%

4. MARPAT (8 votes [17.02%])

Percentage of vote: 17.02%

5. Other digital (10 votes [21.28%])

Percentage of vote: 21.28%

What should it carry?

1. Spare marker/parts (13 votes [19.70%])

Percentage of vote: 19.70%

2. Clothing (2 votes [3.03%])

Percentage of vote: 3.03%

3. Other gear (explain) (6 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

4. Radio (13 votes [19.70%])

Percentage of vote: 19.70%

5. Pods/paintballs (18 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

6. Remote line (14 votes [21.21%])

Percentage of vote: 21.21%

How large?

1. Duffel bag size (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Backpack size (13 votes [68.42%])

Percentage of vote: 68.42%

3. Army frame style (6 votes [31.58%])

Percentage of vote: 31.58%

MOLLE adaptable?

1. Yes (18 votes [94.74%])

Percentage of vote: 94.74%

2. No (1 votes [5.26%])

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

Vote

#1 User is offline   cowboy117 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:04 PM

After a search of the internet I found very few dealers that actually sold assault packs, and they were usually only in ACU pattern.

I think a backpack that can carry a marker and some gear out on to the field so you don't have to leave the field entirely, just swap out after a short withdraw, maybe carry a remote line and some pods wouldn't be too cumbersome or inconvienent to use.

I thought about messaging MOATI directly, but the idea seems to rough to be able to specify a finished product.

Add what you think it should if I didn't put it into the poll. Thanks

#2 User is offline   edtoro 

• Street Ghost Urban Camo User.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackOpsDrake

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:49 PM

MOLLE has become law in today's Mil-Sim market and quite frankly you cant fit everything into pouches inside your vest. QUite frankly Id prefer being able to hold everything inside a backpack rather than leaving it at the staging area where somebody could "confuse it for their own pack". It would also encourage players to bring less and reduce the chance of getting everything stolen in one sweeping if it ever happened.

Quite frankly If I had a back pack that were just around 35 liters like a deuter or an osprey in camo, I wouldnt bring my 20 pounder to the field... I would come with my clothes on, only buy what I need in paint, etc.

Also should be compatible with existing vests... might i recommend some type of bars as frames that create space between the back and the pack so the tank and the pods arrent pushed down. Id post some pictures of my Deuter which has something like that but its late, dont have a camera at teh moment and the pack is tucked away in my room sleeping.
Posted Image

Official Saber Recognition Group:#796
Furthermore - if you are "deuce-ing" during a game, you have more things to worry about than camo kneepads. - ger
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

#3 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:19 AM

When I think of an assault pack I'm thinking quiet, light and fast....something that would carry the essentials, easy to access, but not carrying extras...therefore stuff like clothes I wouldn't suggest putting in. Walkie talkie, water, pods, and the molle of course...all patterns, no reason to limit it as far as I can see.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#4 User is offline   Gauss 

• God. Guns. Guts.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:45 PM

When I was votin I had imagined it would be something dagger specified, but somelike a broadsword vest.
OFFICIAL BROADSWORD RECOGNITION NUMBER: 112
OFFICIAL SABRE RECOGNITION NUMBER: 530
God. Guns. Guts.

#5 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:45 AM

Assault pack..

hmmm..

im thinking more of a sabre like set up...

but can carry alot of paint in a comfort easy/quick to grab pods
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#6 User is offline   skieaskhell 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:39 AM

Thumper113, on Apr 7 2010, 02:45 AM, said:

Assault pack..

hmmm..

im thinking more of a sabre like set up...

but can carry alot of paint in a comfort easy/quick to grab pods

SO has something like that, minus the MOLLE. It's the Satchel.

It holds up to 8 pods, a spare tank, water bladder, and there's room for other stuff as well.

It is more like a laptop bag than a backpack, but it works really well when running longer games and you are on static defense that requires a lot of paint and time.

the SO site is down now, but search for it.

#7 User is offline   cowboy117 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:39 PM

skieaskhell, on Apr 7 2010, 10:39 AM, said:

SO has something like that, minus the MOLLE. It's the Satchel.

It holds up to 8 pods, a spare tank, water bladder, and there's room for other stuff as well.

It is more like a laptop bag than a backpack, but it works really well when running longer games and you are on static defense that requires a lot of paint and time.

the SO site is down now, but search for it.

I saw it, it's a nice idea, but the loading throws you off balance and place more weight on one side than the other. A backpack is more stable and can be adapted to work with a vest system.

#8 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:43 PM

I guess I have been playing too long. I have no need to carry that much stuff in game.

I hit the field with the gun and a pod pack.
I played for a few years wearing vests, but I found I carried stuff I just did not need. The extra weight just slowed me down in game and I kept cutting back. From a full vest to mesh....from mesh to Dagger...from there to a 4+5...now I play with either a 4 vertical or 3 Horizontal.

I play air on gun...so no remote or tank on my back and no shoulder stock.

If I can shoot the 800 or so rnds I carry then it is time to go get some food anyhow!

I do alot of scenario play. Having to exit the field is a good thing. Keeps my paint fresh, air full and me hydrted and feed during the event.

I say if you are going to create a pack to use in game keep it mole so you can create the kit you need for the game you are playing that day. There is no need to carry the same load out in recball that you would in scenario.

Flexabilty. Adapt...overcome.

#9 User is offline   cod4balla 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:COD4BALLA

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:31 PM

I have seen a few people use backpacks. One of my buddies that I go to scenarios with uses a smallish version of what appears to be an ALICE pack. He really likes it, plus he's our pointman sonhe has to move fast and nimbly and he seems to be able to outflank everyone on the field in a stealthy matter. The pack is something like this: ALICE. He picked it up at our local surplus store.
My cousin gave me a military backpack that he recieved when he was sent to some sort of military training where they practiced with paintball. It has a firm plastic plate on the back of it. I can't find any pictures of it on the internet and my camera is MIA.
One last note, OPSGEAR offers some pretty cool packs and most of them are covered in MOLLE.
As far as Multicam goes, you will be able to find a fair amount of gear im Multicam, but because it isn't Standard Issue for the Army until around June or July, it will be hard to fnd something of reasonable quality below $90.
Also, check out OPSGEAR's paintball section. I think they have a type of MOLLE buttpack that hold like 6 pods.
Good Luck on your backpack. It's a great idea.

#10 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:30 PM

I'd want this to have a padded slot for a marker to be stored. There would be a few straps to hold it down. A large bottle holder on each side. These would double as water/gatorade/powerade bottle holders as well as Tank holder that you could run a remote from. A hard box to put extra bags of paint in. A slot for something to keep them cool and dry. Cammel back. A storage compartmen for other stuff like food, mask wrag, Props, and parts. Then 3 Pod slots on each side of the pack. Plus ones with those.
Intergrated sling and mask holder too.
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users