Special Ops Paintball: Anyone know what kind of marker I should buy? - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Anyone know what kind of marker I should buy? Looking for a decent speedball marker. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Fingerz 

• Formerly known as Spidy.
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:34 PM

Okay well i've been looking at the invert mini for some time now, and im not sure if it's worth it or not.

I don't want to shell out $800 for an amazing marker, but i also don't want something cheap and unreliable.

What do you guys think? Should i stick with the mini or do you guys recommend something else?

#2 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:28 PM

go with a mini it shouldnt be more then 350
Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” --Martin Luther King Jr.

"Victory is a very dangerous oppertunity" --General Andre Beaufre

#3 User is offline   Run'n Gun 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:KOLTENMOLTEN

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:17 PM

Mini, yes. Its a good choice. But I have a G3 that I got from ebay and it works AMAZING!!! They are reliable, they shoot fast, and there just awesome!! Go to dangerous power .com to look at their new markers. They have the G4s for I think $400?? Idk, just check them out. Also ANSgear.com, their pretty good too for speedball markers.

God Bless!!!

#4 User is offline   Riddler 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:34 AM

View PostFingerz, on 20 July 2010 - 12:34 AM, said:

Okay well i've been looking at the invert mini for some time now, and im not sure if it's worth it or not.

I don't want to shell out $800 for an amazing marker, but i also don't want something cheap and unreliable.

What do you guys think? Should i stick with the mini or do you guys recommend something else?

Shoot what you like. Everything's personal preference, so I'd always recommend trying guns out first before buying, or you may end up wanting something different down the road. Then again, you may end up wanting something different down the road anyways - that's typically how it works.

#5 User is offline   sousey 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:HELL-FIRE

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:14 AM

double posted for some reason - DELETE THIS POST PLEASE

This post has been edited by sousey: 20 July 2010 - 08:16 AM

#6 User is offline   sousey 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:HELL-FIRE

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:15 AM

I am not a speedball gun fan but these prices got my attention.

G3s at actionvillage.com

What is the difference in the "G3 Spec" Dangerous Power G4 Paintball Gun - $ 299 and the Dangerous Power G3 Spec-R Paintball Gun - $ 399?

maybe this might help Fingerz.

#7 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:19 AM

How much are you looking to spend? Sometimes you can get something more by getting a used marker. If your local field or pro-shop allows marker trades check what they have used. You could also trade your current one in for something better.

Make sure whatever you get works with your play style. Most the electros are more compact than a mechanical marker.

#8 User is offline   Fingerz 

• Pip

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:25 AM

well it looks like mini it is. are there any internal ups that are worth getting for the mini? i remember when the gun first came out there really wasnt anything going for it.

#9 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:40 AM

There are a few bolts, boards, and spring kits. Personally if you are going to upgrade anything I would just upgrade the electronics. Virtue makes a great board and after market eyes.

#10 User is offline   Fingerz 

• Pip

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:50 AM

View PostDark Shadow Hunter, on 20 July 2010 - 11:40 AM, said:

There are a few bolts, boards, and spring kits. Personally if you are going to upgrade anything I would just upgrade the electronics. Virtue makes a great board and after market eyes.

yeah ive been looking at virtue for a while. looks like a nice upgrade

#11 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:32 PM

what have you played with?
What have you looked at so far?
Would you like to buy new or used?
Are you against buying used?
what you running for a HPA tank and a Hopper?
Have you held a mini?

Im fishin for background questions.

But my response to a mini:
They are awesome markers through and through without a doubt. although I look at the "new" ones ( which are nearly a year old on the store shelf) and as Canadian pricing they list at 429.99$ Which for me, seems pretty damn high.

But the second generation Mini's go used for 280 to 350$ ( Canadian once again) and some already have the aftermarket boards and a barrel.

#12 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:52 PM

I have a Mini. Do not upgrade the board!!! Not worth it!

If you want a decent new board, thats $100. Rather sell your mini, or don't buy it in the first place and get a used higher end gun.

The stock board is fine. Get used to your marker. Adding new parts to it every month is not a smart thing to do because you will always shoot your marker better if you are used to what you are shooting.

#13 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:05 PM

View Post5N1P3R, on 20 July 2010 - 02:52 PM, said:

I have a Mini. Do not upgrade the board!!! Not worth it!

If you want a decent new board, thats $100. Rather sell your mini, or don't buy it in the first place and get a used higher end gun.

The stock board is fine. Get used to your marker. Adding new parts to it every month is not a smart thing to do because you will always shoot your marker better if you are used to what you are shooting.

I found out the hard way with my Tippmann - don't bother upgrading anything but a barrel if the stock one is crap. Everything else is going to be mostly preference, and won't offer a "significant" performance increase. Just save that money and buy a better marker in the first go.

#14 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:47 PM

http://www.automags....ad.php?t=252003
*thread was closed as sale was over*
There was a 2004 Viking for 400$ ( Really good condition, great pick-up)
There was also a 2 generation Mini with a Urban Camo paintjob ( Really well done) and a few extra's for 300$

Blam. scroll down.
Enjoy.
This is what used can get you.

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 01 August 2010 - 03:43 PM

#15 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:49 AM

I didn't read the other posts, because what I have to say isn't effected by them (unless someone said the same thing. Then... slainte!).

Find what marker you like the most. Either because of ergonomics, feel (Oh wait...), whatever. Shoot what feels good to you. You like your mini? Then keep it. It's by no means a bad marker.
If you're looking to upgrade the board, then Tadao or Virtue are the way to go (in that order). And the Barrel. I know the Mini's stock barrel wasn't great. Personally, I can't say anything for the Mini, as it was never comfortable in my big manly hands, but I know enough people that think it's a great marker to recommend it.

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users