Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SMG-60 How much would you say it's worth? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:47 PM

How much would a Tippmann SMG-60 be worth in working condition with average wear? Oh, no stripper clips, manual, or anything esle included, just the marker alone.

#2 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:46 PM

According to the MCB Blue Book $250 in fair condition, $275 in good condition and $300 in mint condition. The BB is by no means law, but it gives you an idea. You could get far more if it had extra clips or at least the clip catcher, as finding them after a game won't be easy
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#3 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2008 - 12:16 AM

I don't own one Legato, but I've found someone who does. I have no clue as to what all is included with it, as he just said he had a SMG60 he was looking to get rid of. I figured it would have been worth a good $200, but was wanting to know how much for sure. I don't know if the guy even knows what he has and thus I may be able to pick it up dirt cheap. Dunno.

As for finding a stripper clip after a game, well that shouldn't be all that hard since they are bright orange.

Besides, seeing as they were outlawed at paintball fields and they don't even make .62 cal. paintball anymore (well, not to my knowledge anyways) actually using it would be the hardest thing to do.

I'm not too terribly interested in using it in play anyways, I would just like to own one for the novelty of it.

#4 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2008 - 12:26 AM

Lol, you think they'd be easy to find. But when you play on a 19 acre field. Unless you are picking them up as you use them, yeah, you will lose a few. Happens to everyone.

You can find .62 cal paint still, usually in blowguns. But yeah, not worth using. The really only useable aspect of a SMG 60 is you can take its full auto components and put them into a SMG 68 and make that full auto.

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#5 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 01 November 2008 - 12:32 AM

would it be possible to retool the barrel and stripper clips out .06 inches? is there not that much material there?
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#6 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2008 - 01:04 AM

the barrel maybe...but the stripper clips are thin plastic. They would more than likely crack. But you could probably ask the guys at www.mcarterbrown.com if that is possible. If anyone would know, they would.

#7 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2008 - 01:48 AM

19 acre field? I wish. Where I play, or at least used to play, we only had like 10 acres tops and there wasn't more than a dozen players max. Then again, there are some people in Russell that have 50+ acres to play on, but they only play on weekends, which I work.

#8 User is offline   josef_k 

• WWII mod-o-holic
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Josef_K

Posted 01 November 2008 - 06:00 PM

The stripper clips wouldn't be worth attempting to modify; it'd be easier to make new ones from scratch (either machined, cast, or molded) since a new magazine would be needed anyways. The barrel shouldn't be modified; there's enough material in the body casting that it could be enlarged to accept a new barrel that could be bored with the requisite internal taper and either pressed or threaded into the receiver.

There are 101 types of people: those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who just can't count.

#9 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2008 - 07:09 PM

View Postjosef_k, on Nov 1 2008, 06:00 PM, said:

The stripper clips wouldn't be worth attempting to modify; it'd be easier to make new ones from scratch (either machined, cast, or molded) since a new magazine would be needed anyways. The barrel shouldn't be modified; there's enough material in the body casting that it could be enlarged to accept a new barrel that could be bored with the requisite internal taper and either pressed or threaded into the receiver.

Thanks for the suggestion, but IF I get that SMG60 all I'll most likely do with it is put it in my closet and use it for bragging rights around those who actually know what it is. I have absolutly no intention on modifing it to use .68 cal. paintballs. I MAY fabricate some stipperclips to allow it to use .50 cal. blowgun paintballs or something though.

#10 User is offline   Stuffy 

• Selling to fund E30.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:STUFFY

Posted 02 November 2008 - 12:22 PM

Its easier to do the weld a smg 60 mod to make it a 68...but why do all that crap when you can mod a 68 carbine to use a smg mag. With the 68 its a better platform for a full auto marker.

Weld mod
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/custom-...-make-68-a.html

68 carbine and such...
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/showph...ppuser/352/sl/b
Just dont pm the user hes usually very buisy.

Real men shoot Sheridans.-Marauder_Pilot And the girls arez the devils.-Toki Wartooth

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users