• You cannot reply to this topic

what in the hell do you do when a near pro pays the field fee Rate Topic: -----

#91 User is offline   commander mike 

• the door is locked now but its open if your true - Metallica
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:commander mike

Posted 17 April 2007 - 05:27 PM

I know a guy like this at my local speedball field, his name is Farmer John. The thing is he is 56 years old and still kicks most peoples butts. He never cheats, overshoots, or is mean to anyone. This guy is so good him and his buddy won a 2-man tournament against many other excellent local teams, including mine.
Posted Image
Friends dont let friends shoot .50 cal... - The Stuntman

#92 User is offline   prophet_subgenius 

• Colonel, Team Slack Attack
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:prophet_subgenius

Posted 19 April 2007 - 11:14 AM

First this is the most honorable player I've ever heard of. The guy has almost impossible accurasy. No one got a stinger cuz every hit was marker mask or shoe. He took every handicap in stride.

Second as an employee of this buisness the Ref is responsible for #1 everyones safety. #2 Customer satisfaction #3 keeping customers.

The question really is How do I keep all of my cutomers Happy and coming back so that my field stays in buisness, the game of paintball is furthered and no one losses their jobs?

My solution. The Terminator. One player is his teammate. If that player dies he losses. He then has to #1 be a teamamte, #2 probably teach (Which he showed earlier when he coached the rental players to move up) and is given a weakness that he doesn't control.

I've been playing since 1991. In 99-03 I ran games for a local store who also did "Paintball expiditions" (come rent gear from us we'll take you out provide refs game set up teach you to play, ect.) Now I captian my own scenario team and run games for a play group of noobs through veterans of 10+ years experiance shooting limited edition markers that rattle of strings of thirty because you sneezed while holding the marker. I have rarely run into a group that didn't dig a theamed challenge like this.
Paintball is a game. Win or lose you still need to wash your camo. Winners just use less soap.

#93 User is offline   emr_ambush_alpha67 

• ambush AkA the law
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ambush_alpha67

Posted 19 April 2007 - 11:43 AM

we dont allow that game at emr.... if there using rentals to much of a clean up and someone can egt hurt. if your playing the way where he must be hit in each hand twice each arm each leg each knee each foot and the head. we do play i quit because that is a game that is optinal and you can leave at anytime
~RIP~ Owego Outlaws
NJ TITANS!!! HOW WE ROLLL!!!! SOOOOOUUUTTTHHHH SSSIIIDDDEEE!!!!
~I AM THE SLINKEY~

#94 User is offline   prophet_subgenius 

• Colonel, Team Slack Attack
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:prophet_subgenius

Posted 19 April 2007 - 11:58 AM

NOO. Not what I meant. Just that his victory condition is tied to keeping the other guy alive. Rather than Terminator maybe Body guard. I'm not thinking of getting this dude shot up just another way of handicapping. Maybe involving him helping the other players while he is at it. He still is out on a single hit to himself or gear he just also losses if his ward gets eliminated.
Paintball is a game. Win or lose you still need to wash your camo. Winners just use less soap.

#95 User is offline   emr_ambush_alpha67 

• ambush AkA the law
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ambush_alpha67

Posted 19 April 2007 - 08:38 PM

dont get me wrong i love terminator. i play it with my friends at my friends outlaw field. i lve playing that game. gets you use to geting hit.
~RIP~ Owego Outlaws
NJ TITANS!!! HOW WE ROLLL!!!! SOOOOOUUUTTTHHHH SSSIIIDDDEEE!!!!
~I AM THE SLINKEY~

#96 User is offline   Reapa 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Reapa

Posted 03 May 2007 - 12:17 AM

i have been asked to TONE it down for my whole team LOL so i switched from my shocker to my pumpmag still tone it down so i moved onto my tacone i just cant win LOL :( but at least my boss isnt to pissy i played 21 to 11 i took out 11 guys and sat down listneing to my mp3 player we won ;) so yea mind u this was with a 6 in micromag after some punk smacktalked LOL but alas i had fun! and i teach everyone around me just to keep the sport alive!
[topic="http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=57886"]Official ref#69[/topic]

#97 User is offline   NZ bush pig 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:16 AM

maybe tie 1 hand behind his back and cover his aiming eye,and get him to hop on 1 leg??.. LOL (jokes)dude if he's a nice guy then he'll do it and your bussiness will be fine,I'm sure everyone will be happy then LOL

Seriously,i guess for you it must be like ice skating up hill then?.. i hope your terminator idea works (for your bussiness) But really i find it sad to ask someone to tone it down even worse for people who get lit up all day not to learn anything but walk away and moan about it.

#98 User is offline   FFTWITCH4969 

• Guns of Life!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:FFTWITCH4969

Posted 03 May 2007 - 11:57 AM

To make it interesting you could suggest he play with a disability, like tie his feet together or hand behind his back?

I dont think it would help any but we played a 3 legged game at the rec field done the road....that was kinda fun.
What about the blue wire?

IPB Image

#99 User is offline   The_Joker 

• HAHAHAHAHAHA
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The_Joker_Sniper

Posted 03 May 2007 - 12:08 PM

Players who leave because they are getting their butts handed to them buy a nice guy who doesn't over shoot, doesn't bunker, don't scream, isn't mean or anything of the sort, then they're just sore losers. End of story. He paid to play, so stay to play he shall.

The Joker

Dustin "The Joker" Taylor
Dark Allegiance

#100 User is offline   blackops-kyle mullins 

• team-blackops- the best of the best
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:hacksaw

Posted 23 May 2007 - 12:08 PM

hes good let him play theres no rewason not to, i actually think it would be shamefull of you to discourage a paintballer just because he is good think about it..........
BLACK OPS PAINTBALL MOTO- Adapt, overcome, conquer..............................thats it!!!!!!!!

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users