Special Ops Paintball: a quick question about my remote - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

a quick question about my remote not alot of shots out of the remote Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   tippmann1990 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:weltman16

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:15 PM

i went paintballing yesterday with my A-5. and my remote would get 500 or 600 shots out of a 20 oz co2 then my cyclone stopped. at the time i had an expantion chamber on. then i took it off and put the stock hose on and it still did the same 500 or 600 shots. we had our own fill station with some extremely old c02 in it. could that be the problem? if not whats wrong? :dodgy: :D :question: :question:
tippmann owners club #131

#2 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:17 PM

No real problem there- when you're low on CO2, the Cyclone is the first thing that stops working, as it needs a certain pressure and volume of CO2 to function properly. Upgrading your entire Cyclone system will give you a few dozen more shots or so, but you have to figure out if you want to spend the bucks. Expansion Chambers and remotes have no real serious effect on how many shots you get out of a marker, especially a notorious air hog like the A-5.

500-600 shots is within the "normal" range for a stock A-5 running on a 20 oz CO tank, depending on the climate, so you have no real problem. If this is less than normal, perhaps the tank wasn't filled/weighed properly at your station.

And FYI, CO2 doesn't really age, so it can't get "old"- it can only leak out slowly.
This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

#3 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:41 AM

Are you properly chilling and filling the tank? The bulk tank is a siphon tank?

#4 User is offline   tippmann1990 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Post icon  Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:23 PM

View PostViolator, on Jan 11 2009, 10:17 PM, said:

No real problem there- when you're low on CO2, the Cyclone is the first thing that stops working, as it needs a certain pressure and volume of CO2 to function properly. Upgrading your entire Cyclone system will give you a few dozen more shots or so, but you have to figure out if you want to spend the bucks. Expansion Chambers and remotes have no real serious effect on how many shots you get out of a marker, especially a notorious air hog like the A-5.

500-600 shots is within the "normal" range for a stock A-5 running on a 20 oz CO tank, depending on the climate, so you have no real problem. If this is less than normal, perhaps the tank wasn't filled/weighed properly at your station.

And FYI, CO2 doesn't really age, so it can't get "old"- it can only leak out slowly.

we were playing in 45 low and 75 high degree weather. it might just be the temp. but yea my buddy broke his remote and said if i can fix it he will let it go for 10$ and my luck it just needed a new fitting. i just got a new remote haha. thanks guys for your help. greatly apreciated ;)

#5 User is offline   oerllikon 

• All closed bolt.... Awwww yeeaah
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SIA5 Dagger

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:45 PM

It *might* be that your piston housing might need to be lubed. I got better efficiency with my A-5 and i 20 oz co2 tank. It was chronoed to 300 or so, and i think i got 600 or so shots, in 25 degree weather. I could be wrong though. It depends on how fast you shoot too (just with CO2)

#6 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:04 PM

His bolt activators need recalibrating....:P
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#7 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:17 PM

View PostI.K.E., on Jan 16 2009, 05:04 PM, said:

His bolt activators need recalibrating....:dodgy:

Obviously :dodgy:

Yes, we contribute so much. :happy:

#8 User is offline   tippmann1990 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 17 January 2009 - 10:08 AM

View Postoerllikon, on Jan 16 2009, 01:45 PM, said:

It *might* be that your piston housing might need to be lubed. I got better efficiency with my A-5 and i 20 oz co2 tank. It was chronoed to 300 or so, and i think i got 600 or so shots, in 25 degree weather. I could be wrong though. It depends on how fast you shoot too (just with CO2)

i bought my a-5 in 07 and i never knew how to take my cyclone apart. and when the problem happened. i thought of lubing it and when i got the bottom off there was paint all up in there. i took the whole thing apart cleaned it and put alot of lube. "gold cup" in there, before it was bone dry. i put it back together... i hope that was the case. what do you think?

#9 User is offline   tippmann1990 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:04 PM

View Postshadow_772, on Jan 16 2009, 05:17 PM, said:

View PostI.K.E., on Jan 16 2009, 05:04 PM, said:

His bolt activators need recalibrating....:)

Obviously :dodgy:

Yes, we contribute so much. :happy:

not quite my bolt activators. i just need to check the inline specs on the tippmanns rodery gerder. but the bolt activators could use recalibrating too... :D :D :) :happy: :happy:

#10 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 17 January 2009 - 07:00 PM

To ACTUALLY ANSWER your question :)

That could certainly be part of the problem- the Cyclone feed needs to be cleaned and lightly lubed regularly like any other moving part, and since you had a lot of gunk in there, it certainly wasn't helping.
This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users