• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Games in Glouster, OHIO Rate Topic: ****- 3 Votes

#1291 User is offline   scoobshagg 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:55 AM

So it looks like there will be no paintball camp this summer. There are only two kids registared for the camp so unless I hear something from columbus here soon there will be no paintball summer camp offered here where I work.

Its sad really there was alot of hype and worry about the viloce in our sport and the effect that would have on children. I can understand conserns of people who know next to nothing about our sport but what it did was cause there to be a anxity about how to offer paintball here at camp. I was not allowed to advertise, I was not allowed to reach out to our wounderful paintball comunity, and I feel that this is the reason that this camp did not happen. Everyone here suports having paintball camp and there has been many conversations had about how exciting it would be to have paintball at camp. But it won't happen this summer.

Well there is always next summer maybe we'll have this camp next summer and it will be awesome kids will have positive roll modles in there lives, they will have a positive experiance with paintball, and they will have a safe place to spend a week away from home. Not everyone has these things and not everyone has a good role modle in there lives. Camp is an amazing place imagine what paintball could do for a child at an amazing place like camp.

Tim

#1292 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• Accuracy through Volume of Fire!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadowjackal

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:25 AM

Scoob,

I am very sorry to hear that. Paintball CAN be a very positive experience for everyone who plays. I know you worked really hard to get this O.K.ed. It is hard to believe that, as mainstream as paintball has become, that there are still people who see only the negatives of our sport. Good Job fighting the good fight and educating at least a few people on the truth. I wonder; these people who talk about how paintball is too violent, how many of their kids play Halo, Call of Duty, Modern Warfare or Grand Theft Auto? How closely do they monitor these games? Anyway, great job! Keep fighting & praying, and next year maybe it will happen!
Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. My lovingkindness and my fortress, My high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the ONE in whom I take refuge!

Automags: Because only the best will do!

#1293 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Invictus07

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:51 PM

Game at Forest's! Who is going!?
It takes a long time before you learn to play like yourself - Miles Davis

"We used to tell them in Outward Bound, when a parent would come and ask us, ["Can you guarantee the safety of our son, Johnny?"] And finally we decided to meet it head-on. We would say, ["No. We certainly can't Ma'am. We guarantee you the genuine chance of his death. And if we could guarantee his safety, the program would not be worth running. We do make one guarantee, as one parent to another. If you succeed in protecting your boy, as you are doing now, and as its your motherly duty to do, you know we applaud your watch dog tenacity. You should be protecting him. But, if you succeed, we guarantee you the death of his soul!"]" -Unsoeld

#1294 User is offline   scoobshagg 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:14 AM

Andrew
Sorry Karen and I didn't make it down to Athens, Karen ended up training on her new bike. By the time she was done it would have taken us to long to get down to Athens and play with you guys. Sorry dude, I wasn't sure if she would want to train for the bike tour or not. That was the one flaw in my plan about paintball. I hope that you guys had fun, I hope to sling paint with you again soon.

#1295 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:22 AM

How's it going?

I'm not sure if any of you guys were planning on making it up to Battlefront for Day of Days next weekend. If you are, let me know & I'll keep an eye out.

Later.

This post has been edited by ger: 03 June 2010 - 11:22 AM

ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#1296 User is offline   JDS753 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 03 June 2010 - 07:56 PM

View Postscoobshagg, on Jun 3 2010, 10:14 AM, said:

Andrew
Sorry Karen and I didn't make it down to Athens, Karen ended up training on her new bike. By the time she was done it would have taken us to long to get down to Athens and play with you guys. Sorry dude, I wasn't sure if she would want to train for the bike tour or not. That was the one flaw in my plan about paintball. I hope that you guys had fun, I hope to sling paint with you again soon.

Would that bike tour by chance be the Pelotonia ride for the cure?

#1297 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:01 PM

View Postger, on Jun 3 2010, 02:22 PM, said:

How's it going?

I'm not sure if any of you guys were planning on making it up to Battlefront for Day of Days next weekend. If you are, let me know & I'll keep an eye out.

Later.

I thought I was gonna make it up there, but my wallet just isn't going to let me. I have been strapped for money for a long time now, and paintball had to take a backburner.
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#1298 User is offline   shalehillslayer 

• the shale hill slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:shalehillslayer

Posted 05 June 2010 - 12:15 AM

when are we gonna play some local stuff again?
hockingpaintball.blogspot.com

#1299 User is offline   scoobshagg 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2010 - 07:31 AM

View PostJDS753, on Jun 3 2010, 10:56 PM, said:

View Postscoobshagg, on Jun 3 2010, 10:14 AM, said:

Andrew

Would that bike tour by chance be the Pelotonia ride for the cure?

No she is doing a cross ohio tour they are going to start in East Liverpool Ohio and go all the way to Cincinnati. She will be doing about 60miles a day for a weeks worth of riding.

Tim

#1300 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• Accuracy through Volume of Fire!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadowjackal

Posted 06 June 2010 - 04:56 PM

View Postger, on Jun 3 2010, 02:22 PM, said:

How's it going?

Later.

I got all excited; I thought I was going to be able to go to Saturday's Day of Days. Then, I remembered I had volunteered to help out with an activity at church. Duty is as heavy as a mountain... Ji' e' toh... Honor and obligation and all that...
Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. My lovingkindness and my fortress, My high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the ONE in whom I take refuge!

Automags: Because only the best will do!

#1301 User is offline   scoobshagg 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:47 AM

So I'm thinking of hosting another Rum Runners Game. This time at a better field and with some different props and such. I was also thinking of doing it around October, what do you guys think would anyone be interested in coming to such a game. If I do host this game it will be at CFC Paintball Armory, what are your guys thoughts on this?

#1302 User is offline   shalehillslayer 

• the shale hill slayer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:27 PM

im interested, where is this place

#1303 User is offline   scoobshagg 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:43 AM

The field is in Utica Ohio, so between Newark and Mount Vernon on state route 13. Great field it's a ture woodsball field and I think a great setting for Rum Runners.

Tim

#1304 User is offline   shalehillslayer 

• the shale hill slayer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 June 2010 - 04:31 PM

hey guys theres a 5man woodsball tourny in crooksville july 3rd. its $50 per team, its lookin like byop and byoa just like most local games, were playin for cash, 2nd gets $50 and the ref get $20, 1st gets the rest, i need guys to play, whos interested?

#1305 User is offline   scoobshagg 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:46 PM

If I was going to even try to get a team together for a woodsball tourny for July I would have started in May. Sorry man I need more notice than this for a paintball tourny. I hope it goes well tough

You kids heading out to Michigan have fun I know you guys are going to have a blast. Watch out for the Swamp, it eats people and things. Go Team England

Tim

Share this topic:

• (89 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users