Special Ops Paintball: So, you want to build a P90 Heres how. - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

So, you want to build a P90 Heres how. How to build an ion based P90

#1 User is offline   WarCowboy 

• ~Fastest Gun In The East!~
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Suicide Kings

Post icon  Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:20 PM

Well guys, I am done with the paintball thing for a while, so I thought I would post up how tos on the P90 mod people took such a liking to.
This is not a complete how to, but I figure this will get most of you well on your way to making it happen.
I know there are a lot of P90 mods out there, but mine is done different than most everyone else, and IMO the easiest way that makes the most since.
So here ya go.

Note that there are two things that are different about the mod that I later changed different from the pictures I took of this one.
These are the only internal pics I ever took of any of my P90 mods, and I don't own one personally to show you the differences as I sold them all, with no plans to build any more any time soon.

The differences I made are for one, don't use the stock reg. You can see how I had to shave the sides down, and if you look at the top close, you'll see how I had to shave the shell on the top really thin to accommodate the banjo fitting.
Take my advice and break down and get a CP LP shorty reg. Its a better reg anyhow.
The tap for the banjo fitting on the top of the thread saver is 10/32. Just as it is on the firing can.
Use a clear bottle o-ring to drop into the thread saver, then screw the reg into the cap holding it upside down to seal the reg from leaks.

You'll need to fill the original forward firing can banjo hole with a cut down frame screw and a little plumbers tape. This will plug the original hole. Then you will need to drill and tap a new one 45 deg from the center on the right side of the can to allow the can to be placed in the shell at 45 deg for the feed neck to be able to lean to the right side. You'll want to buy a tall clamping feed neck to replace the stock one, and buy a 45 elbow for the hopper to ride in you can find anywhere. One like the SP8 uses for example.
Also note that the battery position was changed to the rear of marker, behind the reg so that you can access it to change it out when necessary via the drop down door on the back of the P90.
Glue a little foam against the door, or make a sleeve for the battery to rest in to prevent rattling around in there.

There is a lot more to this mod, but that is where your questions will come into play.
I don't have time right now to write up the entire mod.

Here are two vids I had previously private on my google account.
This is the first time I have posted them publicly.

Enjoy fellas.

http://video.google....002888606343530

http://video.google....410876266360720

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

When your done, you should have something that looks like these>

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by WarCowboy: 20 August 2009 - 01:22 PM

#2 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:04 PM

I never thought you would post how to do this, but it is great information! Worked great on mine!!
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#3 User is offline   WarCowboy 

• PipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:05 PM

View Postblackcelldrumr15, on Aug 20 2009, 04:04 PM, said:

I never thought you would post how to do this, but it is great information! Worked great on mine!!

Well I wouldn't have if I was going to continue on with the paintball business, but I have to get some other things going in my life at this point, so I figured why hold out on everyone.
I will prolly do other how tos with other things I was working on.

#4 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:11 PM

That's really nice of you man!

I'm sure a lot of people will get a LOT of use out of them!
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   kage83 

• KaGe
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kage83

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:17 PM

nice work
If you are a Christian paintballer, put this in your sig

#6 User is offline   WarCowboy 

• PipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:21 PM

blackcelldrumr15 - So how is that P90 of yours holding up for ya? Its been a while since I talked to ya.

kage83 - Appreciate it.

#7 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:23 PM

Haven't had a ounce of problems out of it, putting the Rampage board in it made that thing ridiculous!
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   WarCowboy 

• PipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:24 PM

Sweet! Best board on the planet dude.

#9 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:37 PM

Agreed, that thing is amazing.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Lao Yan Qiang 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:41 PM

Thanks much WarCowboy. Good stuff.

#11 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• If we must die, we will die. but we will never yield.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HALOWOLF

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:05 PM

WC- are you getting out completely, or are you just no longer making customs?
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

http://onpaintball.blogspot.com/

#12 User is offline   WarCowboy 

• PipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2009 - 02:52 AM

WC- are you getting out completely, or are you just no longer making customs?

I always keep my foot in the door with things, I just don't have time to do these things anymore for now.
I will prolly continue to build mods for myself, as I have a SAW project I am working on now that I think will be a total rethink of what will set the standard in that mod.
I have been working it out for a long time, but not because I couldn't just copy the other guys SAW mods already.
I have a pretty unique setup I am excited about showing off sometime that took a lot of pre planning.
But with that being said to further answer your question, I never was that much of a player to be honest.
I went to several meetings and large games and had a lot of fun, but my area of interest resides in design and scale modeling of functional replicas over all. Hence the reason I managed an RC shop for a few years when I was younger.

Everytime I went to a game, I usually ended up letting other people go out with my mods more than I did, along with answering a million questions.
Watching them have fun with something I created was an accomplishment I enjoyed more than doing it myself I eventually realized.
Between the stares and compliments it was priceless to me. But it sort of ruined the point of the game for me at the same time if that makes since.

So in short form no I'm not getting out completely, but I am giving it a break for a while.
I have so many ideas and prototype designs I could make an entire line of things not seen or offered in the paintball market today.
Along with multiple revised versions of previous attempts of poorly thought out product designs mostly offered.
I am certain almost all of them would raise the industry bar in accessory and modification standards.
So I have a fall back plan one day if things straiten out with the economy, but until someone with the money to mass produce realizes the potential of my abilities, or I one day can afford it myself, I am done for now.
I am hitting the rodeo circuit again, as when I was regular in the sport before, I made 1-2k a week for 8 seconds of work at a time.
Hard to beat that pay role.

This post has been edited by WarCowboy: 21 August 2009 - 03:02 AM

#13 User is offline   WarCowboy 

• PipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:00 AM

Just a side note as to why you should think about upgrades before hand.

The perfect combination looks like this.

12" - 14" Deadly wind's fibur barrel "Get a SP .689 insert"
These barrels are awesome accurate, and small enough in diameter to not have to worry with width issues in the narrow front shell.
Also the only barrel that will accept inserts and fit into the P90.
"The longer 14" barrel is needed for silencer support if one is desired for aesthetics"
Although a working version could also be easily made, there is a lot of discretion advised due to the legality of the implement.

CP shorty LP reg
Because its a good reg with decent recharge consistency, and it fits the best out of all other choices
It also has a side screw for easy pressure adjustment via the back hatch.

Killa magnetic detents
"No worries replacing them anytime soon"

QEV
Your choice in make, either clippard type, or SP 360
At this point, it wouldn't make since not to upgrade to a QEV since its a cheap upgrade and has the best bang for your buck out of them all IMO.

Deadly Wind Hollow bolt
The L7 is also a great choice, but I give the nod to the DW bolt because it has a center stalk stopper, which eliminates any roll around from smaller paint and prevents premature ball contact of the bolt, which I cannot prove, but seems to get better consistency from my comparing the two numerous times.

APE board
Like I have said before, its a no brain'r. Comes with external membrane with external LEDs. Has on the fly selections, such as stealth mode and fire mode select. Best board I have ever tested on any marker.

This setup will make for a bps in the high 20's and with a proper tuning and reducing the firing can volume with a little ingenuity you'll see 30+ bps possibilities.

Most like to argue you don't need that sort of bps, and they are right.
But the point of being able to do it means, lower settings will have loads of consistency, which in turn makes for repeatable accuracy.

This can be noticed on the P90 setup the most with a good red dot.
The rail on the P90 is pretty high, so lining up with a mask is done very easily.
Since the P90 is a CQB design, it is held very tightly against the shoulder in a very compact arrangement, to looking down the barrel is not as easily done with it. So in this particular marker's case, a red dot is actually a useful attachment contrary to popular belief and nay sayers.

The accuracy of the "tiger P90" I built is not disputable to most that see it in action using the red dot mounted on it.
This marker was build using the exact specs given above, and is owned by Ranger Rick.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=RhXT2qV4Ot4

#14 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• If we must die, we will die. but we will never yield.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HALOWOLF

Posted 23 August 2009 - 02:23 AM

on the last pic... how is that elbow attached to the feed neck?
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

http://onpaintball.blogspot.com/

#15 User is offline   WarCowboy 

• PipPipPip

Posted 06 September 2009 - 11:04 PM

What I did was, bought a standard elbow and cut the screw ear off one side, and sanded it down to a smooth round semi beveled shape.
This allows the elbow to be used inside a clamping feed neck, thus eliminating the issue of having to make a custom piece for everyone I made.
Also I figured I would go with the cheap plastic elbow in case of a hard impact on the hopper. Hopefully it would break the elbow long before the shell was the idea here. Although I have never had one break at all in any place, not even the elbow.
Its also nice to have a clear elbow so you can see the balls cycling into the marker. So it was done like this for multiple reasons I guess.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users