• This topic is locked

Quick tank question.... Please and tanks! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 23 May 2010 - 10:24 AM

Don't have much time, as in this might belong somewhere else....my apologies.

Long story short, I left my tank (at 3k) in the car after play last night and took it out this morning. It was empty. It was HOT HOT. At least 120-130* F. Yes I know, not good at all. Think the burst disk(s) blew as the air expanded? Or what? I'm also wondering if it's worth replacing the o-rings in my Marq er whatever. More so just wondering about what happened to the tank. We all make mistakes. Kthxbye.

-Ty

This post has been edited by TyTy: 23 May 2010 - 11:58 AM

#2 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:17 AM

Burst disk failure...yes.

Replacing orings in a gun that is working seems like an odd thing to do. If you do have a problem it ould better to isolate it and replace only what is needed. Doing all the orings will require a new break in period and might leave you a bit fsustraighted with peformance.

Oh and don't leave your mask in a hot car...tends to melt the adhesive on the foam and melt soft rubbery parts....

#3 User is offline   TyTy 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:20 AM

View PostKrazy8, on May 23 2010, 02:17 PM, said:

Replacing orings in a gun that is working seems like an odd thing to do. If you do have a problem it ould better to isolate it and replace only what is needed. Doing all the orings will require a new break in period and might leave you a bit fsustraighted with peformance.

Oh and don't leave your mask in a hot car...tends to melt the adhesive on the foam and melt soft rubbery parts....

The o-rings in my Marq don't have a break in period, as they only seal and don't move. All but like, 2 of them. I'm not going to mess with them though, don't think the heat did much. I took the masks out too. Any idea which disks would have burst? Both?

#4 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:23 AM

View PostTyTy, on May 23 2010, 11:20 AM, said:

The o-rings in my Marq don't have a break in period, as they only seal and don't move. All but like, 2 of them. I'm not going to mess with them though, don't think the heat did much. I took the masks out too. Any idea which discs would have burst? Both?

Typically it will be the lower of the two....if yiu have two.

And if your orings are static then there is no reason to replace. They have a different makeup than the mask parts and should not have been ubder any pressure that wouls have cuased a failure intenally in the gan...you are fine.

#5 User is offline   TyTy 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:27 AM

Fine, except that the marker/board will not turn on. It's a Hater board, and I have the stock board except that it won't fire under 15 balls per second in semi. LL3 has a cap of 13 bps. AND the dwell only goes as low as 8 on the stock board. I've got a Lurker spring meaning my marker will be less efficient. The spring isn't designed for stock settings. Is the board shot? I have 4 days to find a solution. Maybe use a lesser backup marker. Dang.

#6 Guest_Schecter_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 May 2010 - 01:42 PM

The o-rings in my Marq don't have a break in period, as they only seal and don't move. All but like, 2 of them. I'm not going to mess with them though, don't think the heat did much. I took the masks out too. Any idea which disks would have burst? Both?

"if it isn't broken don't fix it"

Hold onto the marq extra Orings, you'll need them one day.

#7 User is offline   TyTy 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:48 PM

View PostSchecter, on May 23 2010, 04:42 PM, said:

If it isn't broken, I will make it work better my friend.

#8 Guest_Schecter_*

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:51 PM

View PostTyTy, on May 23 2010, 06:48 PM, said:

View PostSchecter, on May 23 2010, 04:42 PM, said:

If it isn't broken, I will make it work better my friend.

Bob Long made that gun, the only thing you can do is make it work worse. Bob Long doesn't put out a gun until he is sure it is the best that the gun can be.

#9 User is offline   TyTy 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:16 PM

Bob Long made that gun, the only thing you can do is make it work worse. Bob Long doesn't put out a gun until he is sure it is the best that the gun can be.

If that was true everyone would love it. It's the best in his eyes and mind. Not mine.

Bob Long designed it, I didn't. I can add a Lurker spring to it. I can lower the dwell and the lpr and make it more efficient and smoother shooting. I can do whatever I want to it and call it better or worse. It's up to me to call my actions what they are in my mind. Don't tell me setting the gun up a certain way is bad if I know the consequences both positive and negative and have accepted that as "good" with me.

I'm simply venting on you from other outside causes. No hard feelings. Don't drive or type while you're over emotional.

This post has been edited by TyTy: 23 May 2010 - 07:17 PM

#10 Guest_Schecter_*

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:47 PM

View PostTyTy, on May 23 2010, 07:16 PM, said:

If that was true everyone would love it. It's the best in his eyes and mind. Not mine.

Bob Long designed it, I didn't. I can add a Lurker spring to it. I can lower the dwell and the lpr and make it more efficient and smoother shooting. I can do whatever I want to it and call it better or worse. It's up to me to call my actions what they are in my mind. Don't tell me setting the gun up a certain way is bad if I know the consequences both positive and negative and have accepted that as "good" with me.

I'm simply venting on you from other outside causes. No hard feelings. Don't drive or type while you're over emotional.

You're not adding a lurker spirng, new bolt, valve, feedneck, barrel, asa, board or trigger

YOU'RE REPLACING TWO O-RINGS.

It isn't going to make a difference either way except now you've got two sets of worn Orings(if you decide to keep the old ones) instead of the ones in the gun and a fresh new pair when those wear out.
It's like one day randomly replacing the front tire with the spare tire then throwing the old one away. Now, if you run into a nail and encounter an actual problem you're FRAGed.

Plus, you're going to try a lot harder than that to troll me, I'm from the internet

This post has been edited by Schecter: 23 May 2010 - 07:56 PM

#11 User is offline   TyTy 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:27 AM

You're not adding a lurker spirng, new bolt, valve, feedneck, barrel, asa, board or trigger

:tdn: So, SO wrong cupcake...

EDIT: There's a reason your member rating is 1 star!

Hmmmmm where to start?

I'm adding a new board.
I'm adding a stock spring.
I'm adding a RL feedneck.
I'm adding a geardrive asa.
I'm adding a magnetic trigger return kit.
I'm buying a new barrel for LL3.

SAY WHAT? Keep going? Ok I will.

I'M ALSO.......

Replacing worn out o-rings. Let me use your own analogy to your disadvantage. Replace your tires when their treads wear out. I have access to an unlimited amount of o-rings of every size. I can replace my tires every time they touch the ground should I choose to. I can do the same with my marker everytime I fire a shot if I feel like it.

This isn't a question of "why" my friend, but rather a question of.....oh wait it isn't a question. It comes down to the fact that I can do what I want. I know what's best for me, and you sure as hell don't because you aren't TyTy are you. :(

PM'd you so you can reply.

-Ty

This post has been edited by TyTy: 24 May 2010 - 10:28 AM

#12 Guest_Schecter_*

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:32 PM

View PostTyTy, on May 24 2010, 10:27 AM, said:

:tdn: So, SO wrong cupcake...

EDIT: There's a reason your member rating is 1 star!

Hmmmmm where to start?

I'm adding a new board.
I'm adding a stock spring.
I'm adding a RL feedneck.
I'm adding a geardrive asa.
I'm adding a magnetic trigger return kit.
I'm buying a new barrel for LL3.

SAY WHAT? Keep going? Ok I will.

I'M ALSO.......

Replacing worn out o-rings. Let me use your own analogy to your disadvantage. Replace your tires when their treads wear out. I have access to an unlimited amount of o-rings of every size. I can replace my tires every time they touch the ground should I choose to. I can do the same with my marker everytime I fire a shot if I feel like it.

This isn't a question of "why" my friend, but rather a question of.....oh wait it isn't a question. It comes down to the fact that I can do what I want. I know what's best for me, and you sure as hell don't because you aren't TyTy are you. :(

PM'd you so you can reply.

-Ty

I don't care what upgrades you're getting, when you said: "I'm also wondering if it's worth replacing the o-rings in my Marq er whatever" I gave you my opinion that it is not worth replacing your Orings because they are not broken. Whatever else you want to replace or if you just want to take a sledge hammer and beat it to pieces it's entirely your prerogative. All I care about is those Orings because you asked my opinion about, JUST the Orings.

#13 User is offline   mike7822 

• Aloha!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MIKE7822

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:36 PM

View PostSchecter, on May 24 2010, 03:32 PM, said:

I don't care what upgrades you're getting, when you said: "I'm also wondering if it's worth replacing the o-rings in my Marq er whatever" I gave you my opinion that it is not worth replacing your Orings because they are not broken. Whatever else you want to replace or if you just want to take a sledge hammer and beat it to pieces it's entirely your prerogative. All I care about is those Orings because you asked my opinion about, JUST the Orings.

You troll a lot.
03 Prostock Pump ♦ 08 Ego

#14 User is offline   TyTy 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:13 PM

Just the o-rings?

Well, considering the engine in a Marq is nothing like a DM/PM they don't have a break in period. Meaning I can replace them anytime. I guess technically they could have a swelling period, so the longer you leave them the less likely they are to leak, but considering they do not leak in the first place once installed, that's a minor detail.

P.S. - I'm glad you've resorted to insulting me through PM's. I'm on track with the thread, you're throwing your monkey poop at me. Keep it up ape man.

#15 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:28 PM

And ..... KA BOOM. Pre explosive thread closured.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users