• You cannot reply to this topic

Vests

#16 User is offline   Perinhawk 

• Will Work for Paintball Cash :)
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Perinhawk

Posted 09 May 2009 - 02:57 AM

Specops has a vest that fits what you've said on sale now. I have a MOLLE vest, and the only things I carry on it are a tank pouch and a 3+4 pod holder (I dont even have 7 pods). I only usually bring 3 pods (I use locklids). I use 0-2 pods in an average game, depending if my friends run out of ammo/how much is in my hopper at the beginning of the game.
"Paintball is my art, and your mask is my canvas"- Me
Addicted to Paint

#17 User is offline   esperto96 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:esperto96

Posted 09 May 2009 - 05:44 AM

If you go with pants with cargo pockets and a four pocket shirt with decent closures, you could probably get away with most of the tools, squeegies, radio, etc in the pockets and just run with a pod pack. But I worry about losing my pocket chrono, keys, and things in most open or button pockets that most shirts and pants come with.

Lately I've been running with a customized Forge vest and am very happy with it. I use the heavy back and the zip front with the map pouch replaced with another simple velcro pocket. It is light weight, carries my air, hydration bladder (only used in larger/longer games), and any size pod I want, from 140s all the way down to my APP 50 round pods.

In the front I have a Molle Radio pouch and can hold the following in the two pockets (and the space behind the pockets): Squeegie, anti-fog spray, cleaning rag or paper towels, car keys, pager, cell phone, radio, allen wrenches, pocket chrono, and a small notebook or palm pilot. Quite a bit of kit in compact out of the way, won't fall out, storage.

I've used several other vests before this one, both Specops and other brands and have found the Forge to be the best blend of carrying capacity, comfort, breathability, and flexibility for my playing style.

#18 User is offline   tuflehundon 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:tuflehundon

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:09 PM

Main reason I use a vest is the fact that I have a large tank. Pod belts just never stayed in place. I don't like chest rigs either, they get in the way if you go prone for an ambush. Vests can also carry extra items when you play longer scenerio games
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   Villid 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Villid

Posted 05 December 2009 - 02:33 PM

Whats the recommendation on the kind of vests to get? A blank MOLLE vest or one that come wiht hte pod packs and pouches already on it?

#20 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• If we must die, we will die. but we will never yield.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HALOWOLF

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:10 AM

View PostVillid, on Dec 5 2009, 02:33 PM, said:

Whats the recommendation on the kind of vests to get? A blank MOLLE vest or one that come wiht hte pod packs and pouches already on it?

Personally, I tend to say MOLLE vests are the way to go- cos if you change what you need to carry, you can change the vest to match instead of buying a new one.

They do tend to be more spendy though.
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

http://onpaintball.blogspot.com/

#21 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:32 PM

I use a Response Vest...

Posted Image

...the four chest pouches hold 50 round pods, and I either carry my gloves or a couple of paint grenades in two lower pouches.

Nice thing about it is it's a very lightweight, yet strong load bearing vest. I can wear it as is, or hang a butt pouch off the back, with a pistol leg rig and another three hundred round leg rig suspended off a belt attached to the vest. I made some simple mods to it to hold a radio, and added some mini-biners to it to hang my mask or helmet from between rounds, and my remote coil when removed from my marker.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#22 User is offline   Villid 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Villid

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:02 PM

View PostEthrealwolf, on Dec 6 2009, 08:10 AM, said:

View PostVillid, on Dec 5 2009, 02:33 PM, said:

Personally, I tend to say MOLLE vests are the way to go- cos if you change what you need to carry, you can change the vest to match instead of buying a new one.

They do tend to be more spendy though.

Yah ive noticed that on the price. been looking at the Spec Ops store, and it seems like half the poo is discontinued. Anywhere else i could find some decent gear?q

#23 User is offline   TeleFragger 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 16 January 2010 - 09:55 AM

im 99% sure on the rap4 tac ten vest..... gonna be pricey when i get everything.. camel pack, name tags, etc... most likely $150.... that is hard to bite but i figure if i get out of it my 9 year old will be older when i do... and he will inherit it!!!!!!!!!! HAH...
*********Feedback**** click on a link below
-------Specops-------------MCB

#24 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:53 PM

i wear a vest and a small pod pack for quicker reloads when needed..

my 3 liter hydration bladder fits perfect in my vest (of course i never fill it all the way up)

having a vest just makes longer games easier..

first aid kit, CPR mask, allen wrench for velocity adjusting ..

the water... not having a heavy gun (72 ci tanks make guns heavy)
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#25 User is offline   TeleFragger 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:00 PM

well im looking at the rap4 tac ten .... it is going to be prices i know..

but i look at it this way.. EVERYTHING COMES OFF

so lets say i go to the local field and play speedball (with my 98c so ill get slaughtered).. but i can use my vest with the 114/3000 tank im picking up in 2 days.... tank will be comfy on my back.... nothing for pouches anywhere. unless.....

i decide to run the tac cap instead of the low profile x7 hopper (gun shots you are out)... so tac cap = 50ish rounds..... throw 2 pod pack on back.... maybe get a reload or 2 in...

then go outside... full up.... 4 pods on back... 3 on left and 3 on right... waaaaay overkill.... so... 4 pods on back and nothing on front but maybe my tac 8....... go have some fun...

then you go to the weekend scenarios... loadup 4 back pods... front left 3 pods... front right 3 pods tank on back... camel pack for hydration... map pouch... and go at it........

to me i have been looking into this very heavy as I want one item to do it all and i believe i have found it......

but then it all comes down to what you feel is comfy......

#26 User is offline   The Bear 

• The Bear
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ghost Bear

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:24 PM

My vest has been one of the best investments I've ever made for paintball. I'm one of those "everything but the kitchen sink" kinda guys and prefer larger woodsball and scenario games and tend to play heavy rifleman so I carry a lot of stuff. Up to nine pods, at least one huge air tank (working on 2), grenades (paint and smoke), tools, sunglasses, map, radio, hydro pack, and the list goes on. I can also hang my mask off it between games.

The real beauty of a vest is not really what it carries so much as how it carries it. It distributes the weight and has a nice back support strap so that I can load up with everything (40+lbs, no joke), carry it around all day long, run with it without it shifting, jump and slide, crawl and climb, and everything stays put.

I have a MOLLE style vest (SpecOps Operative) and I love the ability to customize to my game situation. Not only that, I can use any MOLLE pouches or accessories, so I can use some from SpecOps, some from Opsgear, some from a military surplus store, etc. You can find a pouch for just about anything and it's great for scenario players.

Bear

This post has been edited by The Bear: 20 January 2010 - 09:25 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:29 PM

I personally use an old Navy Tac-Vest to carry my gear. It's not what it was made for but I got one, and I don't want to go spend money on a brand new paintball vest. What I have works, not good, but good enough.

Anyway, I use it to carry all my allen tools, marker oil, o-rings, spare batteries, spare parts and hardware, my squeegee, an inspection mirror (which I don't use nearly enough!), duct tape, rope, and other miscellaneous junk which may or may not ever prove to be usefull... like those chem lights my friend just gave me...

Suprisingly enough the rope came in handy for a quick repair of my loaner 98 Custom.

Only problem is, nowhere to put my pods or spare air! Unexpected bonus: my stock A-5 barrel fits perfectly in the baton holster! I used to carry my pods on a pod belt and threw a spare air tank in there too but it was too dificult to get them to work together. They did work together but it was kind of a hassle to gear up and I too hate having my pods behind my back. So now I just throw one in my pocket.

I hope to soon butcher that pod belt and turn it into two, two pod drop leg holsters.

Anyway, point is, I love having a vest, it keeps everything I could possibly need (except pods and air) at my finger tips. If I were you I would get a blank MOLLE vest because you'll be able to decide exactly where you want everything and if you ever change your mind you can change your vest to whatever you want, just like that. It'll cost more than a built in vest, but I think the customizability will be worth the extra dough...
"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#28 User is offline   TeleFragger 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:27 PM

View PostThe Bear, on Jan 20 2010, 11:24 PM, said:

I have a MOLLE style vest (SpecOps Operative) and I love the ability to customize to my game situation. Not only that, I can use any MOLLE pouches or accessories, so I can use some from SpecOps, some from Opsgear, some from a military surplus store, etc. You can find a pouch for just about anything and it's great for scenario players.

Bear

is the rap4 tac ten considered a molle style vest? im looking for a universal vest... comfy... and EVERYTHING COMES OFF

#29 Guest_MOATI_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:59 PM

View PostTeleFragger, on Jan 20 2010, 10:27 PM, said:

View PostThe Bear, on Jan 20 2010, 11:24 PM, said:

Bear

is the rap4 tac ten considered a molle style vest? im looking for a universal vest... comfy... and EVERYTHING COMES OFF

I know I'm biased but I honestly believe that our Operative Vest is THE most comfortable MOLLE vest available...anywhere. The entire thing is designed for comfort. The cut was specifically designed to be fully load bearing and superbly weight dispersing. The internal elastic belt is part of why Spec Ops vests have always been considered very comfortable and you won't find it on any other vest except for those few where the manufacturer decided to rip off the idea. It includes the high mandarin collar and throat guard to protect from nasty neck shots. It even includes a water bladder pouch as well as water hose routing.

These babies were ABSOLUTELY worth the $90 they cost originally. They're on close-out now and on sale for $19.95. It would be foolish to pass on them.

#30 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:38 PM

Loved my Operative vest while i had it.

Where do you guys all play that they allow you to bring tools to adjust your velocity on the field? That is so unsafe it isn't funny. Yet like half the people in this thread said they do it. :scratches head: Every field i ever have played at outlawed bringing any tools on the field. Especially ones to adjust velocity. Why do you need to adjust that on the field?

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users