Special Ops Paintball: Is this the same butt pack on two differant web sights - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is this the same butt pack on two differant web sights

#1 User is offline   firefoxx04 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:16 PM

http://www.opsgear.com/MOLLE-Tank-and-Ammo...p/cn-ma3-pb.htm

ops gear has two. one paintball one and one for the military butt both look the same. so i did some looking and found the military one for cheap at this web sight.

http://www.tacgearstore.com/product_info.p...products_id/185

are they both the same pack, just one has pods in it?

in other words. will the second one hold 100rd pods in the side and back pockets and a 48CU 3000 tank and a 20oz tank in the big pocket. just like the first one?? iknow its hard to tell

This post has been edited by firefoxx04: 14 July 2008 - 05:21 PM

#2 User is offline   methusaleh 

• Living the life
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:36 AM

Yes. I believe they are manufactured by Condor. Not as durable as 1000 Denier Cordura, but they aren't bad. I got one for free so it goes to games as my tool kit/spare parts bag. The zippers are surprisingly wonderful, I have had things jam them many times and they keep working with no broken teeth or anything.

#3 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:45 AM

They appear to be fairly identical, but I'd advise against buying them.

They just seem like they'd be extremely annoying to use and get pods in/out of. Unless you already have a MOLLE platform (in this case I'd suggest these: http://www.specialopspaintball.com/shop/pr...&CAT=104205 ) If not, I'd suggest just getting an NXe pod pack. They're great packs.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#4 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:45 AM

View Postd4rkmonkey, on Jul 15 2008, 01:45 AM, said:

They just seem like they'd be extremely annoying to use and get pods in/out of. Unless you already have a MOLLE platform (in this case I'd suggest these: http://www.specialopspaintball.com/shop/pr...&CAT=104205 ) If not, I'd suggest just getting an NXe pod pack. They're great packs.

Except that the pouches he posted hold more, are MOLLE, not interlock (like the ones you posted), and have a great general utility. There's no part of his post stating he has an Operative vest, so MOLLE might be the way he has to go, and buying a NXe pack kinda defeats the purpose of having a modular vest.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#5 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:52 PM

View Postfirefoxx04, on Jul 14 2008, 08:16 PM, said:

in other words. will the second one hold 100rd pods in the side and back pockets and a 48CU 3000 tank and a 20oz tank in the big pocket. just like the first one?? iknow its hard to tell

Well its obvious hes using them for paintball as hes asking about pods and air tanks

View PostJackRock, on Jul 15 2008, 10:45 AM, said:

Except that the pouches he posted hold more, are MOLLE, not interlock (like the ones you posted), and have a great general utility. There's no part of his post stating he has an Operative vest, so MOLLE might be the way he has to go, and buying a NXe pack kinda defeats the purpose of having a modular vest.

Well you'd have to buy more than one pod pack, 4 pods is enough for any one game, (200 in a hopper + 4 pods = 760 balls. Unless you're playing a lot of speedball being a back player and laning all the time, you're never going to use that much in one game). Plus, the but pack he was looking for holds 100 round pods. Holding 900 balls, minus the space used for air tanks (he said in the main pocket), gives it about 400 rounds, less than 4 normal pods.

I suggested the NXe pod pack ONLY if he didn't already have a vest, so I don't think that defeating the purpose of having a vest is a problem.

Sorry about the interlock not MOLLE thing, I wasn't really paying attention. Here are MOLLE pods http://www.specialopspaintball.com/shop/pr...sp?SKU=320+0111 which will be better than those buttpacks. Its all preference though, and I'm just giving my opinion. You might like different things.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#6 User is offline   firefoxx04 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:12 PM

View Postd4rkmonkey, on Jul 15 2008, 05:52 PM, said:

View Postfirefoxx04, on Jul 14 2008, 08:16 PM, said:

Well its obvious hes using them for paintball as hes asking about pods and air tanks

View PostJackRock, on Jul 15 2008, 10:45 AM, said:

ya, im thinking about mounting it on the back bottom of my vest to hold more pods in the back insted of using the pod holders in the front. and, what is the differance between molle and interlocking?

Well you'd have to buy more than one pod pack, 4 pods is enough for any one game, (200 in a hopper + 4 pods = 760 balls. Unless you're playing a lot of speedball being a back player and laning all the time, you're never going to use that much in one game). Plus, the but pack he was looking for holds 100 round pods. Holding 900 balls, minus the space used for air tanks (he said in the main pocket), gives it about 400 rounds, less than 4 normal pods.

I suggested the NXe pod pack ONLY if he didn't already have a vest, so I don't think that defeating the purpose of having a vest is a problem.

Sorry about the interlock not MOLLE thing, I wasn't really paying attention. Here are MOLLE pods http://www.specialopspaintball.com/shop/pr...sp?SKU=320+0111 which will be better than those buttpacks. Its all preference though, and I'm just giving my opinion. You might like different things.

#7 User is offline   methusaleh 

• Living the life
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 10:13 PM

OOps I forgot to address part of the issue here...

As others have said, YES I would recommend AGAINST using one of these as a pod holder. You will find yourself fumbling with the pocket flaps (unless you modified them) and the pockets themselves would need to be elasticized to keep the pod upright and ready to grab. The center pouch could hold one heck of a huge tank but would need to be stabilized or it will be shifting around when you move.

There are MUCH better ways to carry your gear!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users