• You cannot reply to this topic

Stupid things people say. About paintball. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:04 PM

So, today in my math class, the two guys behind me were discussing paintball. Naturally, I joined in, trying to make friends and all that... After listening to them talk for about three seconds, I came to the realization that either a) they have never actually played paintball and are talking out if their asses, or B) they are the most unsafe douches our wonderful sport has ever seen...
When you boast that your tippmann 98 has a 22 inch barrel, operates at 850 psi, and shoots at 500 fps, there is something seriously wrong. I mean really dude? I think everyone knows your 500 yard paintball shot never happened ever. ESPECIALLY on a speed ball field. Yes, yards. Not feet, not inches, yards.
Also the fact that this guy talked about how awesome freezing paintballs is and how great it is that his gun broke someone's lens once, really burns me up.
Does anyone else want to smack this guy? I'm all for stretching the truth a bit, but this was just stupid.
Thank you for putting up with my rant to here,,,
Also, this guy isn't a "newbie" or so he claimed. According to him he had sponsorships from EVERY company, but used a spyder pilot because it's the best...
/Rant.
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#2 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:15 PM

Sadly there are many people out there with the IQ of a retarded goldfish. Killing them doesn't qualify as justifiable homicide.

A shot of super glue on their chair just as they are sitting makes you feel better.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#3 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:33 PM

Hmmm. I might be making a trip to the hard-ware store...

This post has been edited by Cuy'val Dar : 12 September 2012 - 07:33 PM

Posted Image

. -Pirate

#4 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:04 AM

I remember the look of amazement on the summer campers faces when whe showed them that frozen painfballs actually have less power...

I e heard any njmber of awful thing, from the fact that th only protection you need is a pair of shop glasses, that my dm will hurt way more because i must be shootng at least 600fps to get that many shots off in a second, the red dot sight on their stock tippman with crap paint and how they can hit a flys eye with it, (this gun being one that id be luck to hit a hippo with)

No wonder people think our sport is nuts. Half tbe people that "play paintball" are idiots who have never been on a real field
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#5 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:27 PM

I saw a guy on a field once who apparently had dumped some time and effort into making a 25+" pvc barrel extension thinking it would give him sniper like range and swearing by it.
"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Lt.Col.Vortex 

• Death itself
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

Hey,dont like it till you try it :) I bought my brother a 20" Smart Parts barrel for his MR1 and that ting can hit flies and is dead quiet. plus with the extra length the C02 has more room to expand and push the paint faster. His marker is tuned all the way down ( lowest spring setting to reduce fps ) and its BARELY legal. if you get some C02 in the lines it tops 300 fps. hes got it on a cord just to keep it around 290.

( being a prick here ).....And I doubt it was PVC...CPVC maybe. I've made myself barrels using 3/4" CPVC before and they work just fine. I've got a 12" CPVC barrel on my A5 that I'm playing around with. They're cheap to make and fun to experiment with.

#7 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

I used to use a 19 inch barrel. I have tried it lol. I quit trying it when I put my14 on and got the same performance.
Posted Image

. -Pirate

#8 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:05 PM

I assure you, it was pcv, wasn't even straight. He just slipped it over the barrel, I doubt if it even fit the paint loosely...

This post has been edited by Shipwreck!: 14 September 2012 - 10:05 PM

"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#9 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

View PostShipwreck!, on 15 September 2012 - 12:05 AM, said:

I assure you, it was pcv, wasn't even straight. He just slipped it over the barrel, I doubt if it even fit the paint loosely...

Apparently he misunderstood the purpose of a barrel "condom"
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#10 User is offline   Gas mask 

• Signed on for the first time in 4 years.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:GAS MASK

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:40 AM

View PostCuy'val Dar, on 12 September 2012 - 10:04 PM, said:

So, today in my math class, the two guys behind me were discussing paintball. Naturally, I joined in, trying to make friends and all that... After listening to them talk for about three seconds, I came to the realization that either a) they have never actually played paintball and are talking out if their asses, or B) they are the most unsafe douches our wonderful sport has ever seen...
When you boast that your tippmann 98 has a 22 inch barrel, operates at 850 psi, and shoots at 500 fps, there is something seriously wrong. I mean really dude? I think everyone knows your 500 yard paintball shot never happened ever. ESPECIALLY on a speed ball field. Yes, yards. Not feet, not inches, yards.
Also the fact that this guy talked about how awesome freezing paintballs is and how great it is that his gun broke someone's lens once, really burns me up.
Does anyone else want to smack this guy? I'm all for stretching the truth a bit, but this was just stupid.
Thank you for putting up with my rant to here,,,
Also, this guy isn't a "newbie" or so he claimed. According to him he had sponsorships from EVERY company, but used a spyder pilot because it's the best...
/Rant.

Well, tippmann's do run at that psi. Some people don't know the sport, might as well let them live in their little world or and maybe try to teach them some actual facts.
I've talked to people who have been playing for years who still don't know the difference of "FPS" and "BPS".

I am PayPal Verified.

#11 User is offline   Random_Anarkhy 

• Father of two, with 3 on the way!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Random_Anarkhy

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

You gotta let it go. They don't know what they're talking about, and they probably don't really play. I remember hearing people talk about this kinda crap in school and I just laughed. If they start to talk about how inaccurate phantoms are compared to their ubertacticaltippmann89dood, just realize they'll be the first one out if they play with you.

Official Broadsword #104, Tippmann Owner #129, Play with Honor. Current marker :Flatlined Tippmann 98 custom with car stock Future mods: Bolt action Tigershark
Ewoks should be exterminated & skinned for their fur.-The Stuntman

#12 User is offline   torke 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:n/a

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

Some say paintball is more realistic, but I dont know how they are being serious. Just looking at the paintball guns makes you know they are fake.

#13 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

More realistic than what? What markers are fake?
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#14 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

I love hearing people talk about paintball when they clearly have no idea what they're talking about.
Like when people say kilts aren't good for paintball, or that Purple isn't good camo.

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#15 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:51 AM

Pirate...they would be correct -_-
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users