• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Must Have a5 Accessories Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   bamasandman 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:37 PM

Im looking to get all the best part upgrades and accessories for my a5. What can yall recommend? Im not looking to go for an E-Grip right now so anything besides that that will help my a5 perform better and heck just look really cool lol

#2 User is offline   Iron Eagle 

• Emotionally Exhausted & Morally Bankrupt
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Angry Badger

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:38 PM

Techt or Lapco Ratchet mods, especially for the E-grip. Your Cyclone ratchet is made out of plastic, and it will break eventually. The Techt or Lapco mods are metal, so it won't break and will make your gun shoot even faster. There are more Techt/Lapco Cyclone mods, so look into them. There are endless choices for barrels and stocks.

Oh, don't forget to buy white lithium grease for the metal ratchets, otherwise the metal will grind on the plastic housing and cause more damage than good.

This post has been edited by Iron Eagle: 27 January 2009 - 03:39 PM

Ambassador of intelligence, deliverer of logic, mirror to the obvious

#3 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:58 PM

I'd go with the JCS Jet Click personally. They're the only company that's actually improved Tippmann's ratchet design.

#4 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:51 PM

I would go with a spring kit and barrel first. The barrel is obvious since the stock ones is pretty inadequate. Spring kits are cheap and if used properly can increase the marker's air efficiency a fair amount. Ideally you wan the stock adjuster as far out as possible and use the weakest spring that still allows you to reach your desired velocity. Any minor adjustment needed can be done with the stock adjuster or a rear velocity adjuster.

Then, if you plan on using CO2 a Palmer's Stabilizer can be nice to have. It gives you similar consistency to HPA, keep your velocity consistent all day long, and can help prevent shootdown.

Then I would probably look at cyclone parts, or perhaps a metal power tube. Unfortunately Tippmann is cheap and the plastic used for both parts has a habit of cracking under stress. They aren't necessary modifications, and not everyone has problems, but they are nice parts to have regardless. A metal power tube will even allow you to run liquid CO2 in the winter should you choose.

RT triggers and E-Grips depend on the player. I am more than satisfied with what a single trigger can dish out. A-5s actually have a pretty nice trigger for a blowback marker.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users