Special Ops Paintball: What Keeps Paintball Alive For You? - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What Keeps Paintball Alive For You? Retrothread #9 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:39 PM

So when you go through a dry spell (paintball-wise you jokers!), what do you do to keep up with the game?

I've not been paintballin in nearly 2 years. Economy, lack of interest, loss of field, all contributed to this. This forum (can't seem to get into PBN or the others) and playing with my markers in the basement are all that I have at the moment.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#2 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:46 PM

I don't get a lot of time to play anymore, I used to ref every weekend but now that I live farther from the field, don't have a car or anything else...I get to play like 3-4 times a year. This forum, my facebook friends, youtube videos...as well as hanging outwith fellow paintballers at church and YG help me keep the passion alive...oh, and the fact that I'm in charge of writing the scenario for the next weekend event my field is hostin.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#3 User is offline   Chill_balla 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:35 PM

In the winter I barely play at all, for like 6 months. I can't seem to stop thinking about paintball though. I get yelled at all the time for walking my desk in class :laugh:
Posted Image

Proud owner of a VSC phantom and an Invert Mini

#4 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:16 PM

Nothing needs to keep it alive for me. It's fun. So if I have a chance to do it... I do it.

That's like asking, "What keeps sex alive for you when you're in a real dry spell?" Ummm... I don't know, maybe the fact that it's SEX!

When I was in the Navy I only got a chance to play once or twice a year max, when I was home on leave. In the mean time, I came here, talked about paintballing and constantly kept an eye out for new upgrades that I wanted but that didn't exist yet (many still don't). But those things didn't "keep paintball alive" for me. Paintball is fun therefore I'm always going to want to play. Those things were just distractions and a means of keeping myself paintball occupied during the time I couldn't play.

Anyway, as soon as I got out of the Navy and moved back to CA I went paintballing, literally every weekend, for a year. Unfortunately now, my only two friends who played at all, and whom I could always count on to show up and usually bring a couple people, have either quit and/or moved away and lost touch (1 each). That combined with some recent financial troubles, and I haven't been playing a lot lately. I think I didn't play at all for almost a year or something. Then I played 2 or 3 weekends in a row at a local outlaw field. Met some people the first time and went with them the following 2. But finance struck again and I haven't played in about a month. Hopefully will play tommorow and finally test those mag kits in game. Then hopefully will get a job so I can play every weekend again! But we'll see.

In the meantime I'll be here keeping myself occupied, but again nothing "keeps it alive" for me. Once I discovered the existence of paintball I've never lost interest in it. I don't flip flop on things like that, once I decide I like something, I like it, I don't need to constantly be engaged in it to stay interested.
"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#5 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:06 AM

OH...that's what you meant by a read dry spell ...

And I don't think that I need stuff to keep it alive for me...but it sure as all heck helps me not go crazy.

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#6 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:29 AM

I don't get to play much at all, but not to an extreme of IKE.

I keep my interest alive by hanging around here, and by telling myself someday I'll get back out there and the gear pile isn't a waste of time and money.

I made it to 4-5 games in 2010, and in 2011 I made it to 2, both in May. Haven't been out since, but I want to.
Member of Team Akkadian

#7 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:38 PM

I'm deployed to Afghanistan, and I'm going crazy!!! My trigger finger is getting twitchy, I need my weekly dosage of paint!!! What keeps paintball fresh and fun? Switch things up. I play speedball one week, then pump the next. Mix in a couple scenario games and such, or just ref if I don't have money for paint. Maybe I just like shooting things, but I don't know what I'd do without paintball..... Airsoft? Doesn't feel right. I like being able to see the hit when I gog people....
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#8 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:21 PM

View PostShipwreck!, on 21 August 2011 - 01:16 AM, said:

Nothing needs to keep it alive for me. It's fun. So if I have a chance to do it... I do it.

That's like asking, "What keeps sex alive for you when you're in a real dry spell?" Ummm... I don't know, maybe the fact that it's SEX!

When I was in the Navy I only got a chance to play once or twice a year max, when I was home on leave. In the mean time, I came here, talked about paintballing and constantly kept an eye out for new upgrades that I wanted but that didn't exist yet (many still don't). But those things didn't "keep paintball alive" for me. Paintball is fun therefore I'm always going to want to play. Those things were just distractions and a means of keeping myself paintball occupied during the time I couldn't play.

Anyway, as soon as I got out of the Navy and moved back to CA I went paintballing, literally every weekend, for a year. Unfortunately now, my only two friends who played at all, and whom I could always count on to show up and usually bring a couple people, have either quit and/or moved away and lost touch (1 each). That combined with some recent financial troubles, and I haven't been playing a lot lately. I think I didn't play at all for almost a year or something. Then I played 2 or 3 weekends in a row at a local outlaw field. Met some people the first time and went with them the following 2. But finance struck again and I haven't played in about a month. Hopefully will play tommorow and finally test those mag kits in game. Then hopefully will get a job so I can play every weekend again! But we'll see.

In the meantime I'll be here keeping myself occupied, but again nothing "keeps it alive" for me. Once I discovered the existence of paintball I've never lost interest in it. I don't flip flop on things like that, once I decide I like something, I like it, I don't need to constantly be engaged in it to stay interested.

I am SO glad you talked about missing paintball while aboard ship rather than the sex. Otherwise this would have been a typical Navy sea story. :dodgy: :laugh: :laugh: :P
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#9 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:06 PM

Yes...which is why most Navy families make an agreement that the couples don't have to be faithful while out at see...that way, the guy can have sex in the ports...and the women are generally prego by the time they get back.....and people wonder why military marriages don't last...

#10 User is offline   Ka1iBuR 

• The swagger of an EMPEROR!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ka1iBuR

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:23 AM

View PostI.K.E., on 20 August 2011 - 09:39 PM, said:

So when you go through a dry spell (paintball-wise you jokers!), what do you do to keep up with the game?

I've not been paintballin in nearly 2 years. Economy... ...loss of field, all contributed to this. This forum (can't seem to get into PBN or the others) and playing with my markers in the basement are all that I have at the moment.

Same here. And the dream. I still have that. Besides, I'm working on my bullpup now. :)

#11 User is offline   waldtoftheGreen 

• The King in the North
  • Pip

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:30 PM

Ive only been able to go outlaw thrice this year, and only once at my field. The only thing keeping me going is looking forward to the next game in a few weeks but during winter Ill be working on my custom pump. (Along with writing my book)
SWEDISH GERMAN NORWEGIAN DANISH
"Give me honorable enemies rather than ambitious ones, and I'll sleep more easily by night."
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword"

#12 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:07 PM

I play about 10-12 scenarios a year, thru Winter as well, so my biggest dry spell is typically less than two months if I miss one of the games because of a scheduling conflict.

I need to get to more open-play games at the field - because I'm a member I play for free (no field or air fees), only the cost of paint if I don't have any leftovers from the last scenario. The bigger games have their moments, but those small weekend games are always an absolute blast. I usually only play 2 or 3 of those a year, would love to turn that into at least 6, but finding the time is too hard (wife, son, house, life, etc...).
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#13 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:23 PM

View PostI.K.E., on 21 August 2011 - 06:21 PM, said:

I am SO glad you talked about missing paintball while aboard ship rather than the sex. Otherwise this would have been a typical Navy sea story. :dodgy: :laugh: :laugh: :P

Oh God, the list of things missed while at sea has no end. Sex of course is at the top. But you're welcome, we should all drop the f*cking subject of f*cking... or rather, NOT haha! There's some good sea stories though, ask me about the imfamous Flapjack Fiasco or The Great Brownie Heist, sometime. HAHAHAHA!

View PostIrishMack, on 21 August 2011 - 07:06 PM, said:

Yes...which is why most Navy families make an agreement that the couples don't have to be faithful while out at see...that way, the guy can have sex in the ports...and the women are generally prego by the time they get back.....and people wonder why military marriages don't last...

BWAHAHAHAHA! This is also why noone should go career! You hear her people? DO NOT GO CAREER, I say again, DO NOT GO CAREER!!!
"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:49 AM

While that's true to a degree for all military, don't judge all military spouses. My whole family is military, and we are doing just fine.
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#15 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:52 PM

I wasn't meaning to be disrespectful at all EagleEye...my sister and her husband are also a military family...and they are doing great. But, I will say that while I was living with them, there were a ton of pregnancys while husbands were away, open affairs, and other such stuff...it was like a huge party while their husband was gone.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users