#1 User is offline   grenades 

• i rock ^ bow to me (and puzz)
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:grenader

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:57 AM

A5 basic=180
Spyder electra=180...
What to get they both are my play styles, but the spyder comes rwady to ramp and full auto? Don't turn this into a childish woodsball versus speedball debate
the game of paintball started in the woods. Its easy to remember thats were your game ended.(xx)
If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!

#2 User is offline   grenades 

• PipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:47 AM

Ready* totally love how my phones key board is ultra sensitive,
the game of paintball started in the woods. Its easy to remember thats were your game ended.(xx)

#3 User is offline   thrasher_565 

• Paintball
  • Pip

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:46 AM

all i no is spiders are dead and a5 is bullet prof. I had a spider e and its dead the silanoed cant push the sear any more. If you want electric ied go for an ion. If you want upgrades go with a5. also is it for woodsball or speedball? my guess both will not do for speed ball.

#4 User is offline   Lt.Col.Vortex 

• Death itself
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:58 AM

Wow, hard choise. I have nothing bag to say against the Spyder. Your asking about tow different animals here, A5 or electra.

You'll end uo buying both in the end, but my personal opinion is to get the spyder...but thats only cause I have an A5.

If oyu get the A5, I've got plenty experience with it and i did a few mod threads on them.

Again, really hard to choose so the only advice I can give is personal opinion.

all i no is spiders are dead

Bull freeking crap...unless you can prove it. My brother has an Mr1 and its smooth as glass and is the most accurate marker we own.

#5 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:41 AM

View Postgrenades, on 09 October 2011 - 07:57 AM, said:

A5 basic=180
Spyder electra=180...
What to get they both are my play styles, but the spyder comes rwady to ramp and full auto? Don't turn this into a childish woodsball versus speedball debate

Spyders, unless they have radically changed something on their end, do not have any ramping modes. Egrippd spyders (I think the electra is one of them, but I can never keep track of all the spyders - I tend to look them as all one marker with different pre-packaged parts) have a "burst" and a "fully automatic" mode.

You should make sure you know what your home field's rules are for firing modes though. A lot of fields have restrictions against fully automatic.

The spyder is going to have a tighter profile, which is going to be nice in the speedball field or in tight corners elsewhere.

The A5 is probably going to be more reliable. I say probably because Tippmann has periodic issues with the cyclone ratchet breaking. The old ones are tanks, the new ones aren't. I don't know what the newest batch looks like, so I can't comment on the latest yet.

The spyder, if egripped, will need an electronic hopper if you don't have one yet.

Both will have about the same performance. The spyder may be able to shoot faster out of the box if its egripped, but I expect about the same accuracy/consistency.

Now, what would I get....?

Well, do you have HPA or access to HPA?

I'd rather save a bit up and get a better electronic marker in the $200-300 range. If you have to keep it on the cheaper side, look at GOG Paintball (formerly Smart Parts). For the little extra cost, you will get far better performance.

At the $300 mark you get access to the DP G4, Invert Mini, or comparable markers.

Not to mention anything used.
Member of Team Akkadian

#6 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:49 AM

Honestly...I've had my eye on a classic marker for a while...the Automag RT Classic. $200 used...with Level 10 anti-chop. $150 or less without.

This particular model is stainless steel, I believe, so heavy...but an unstoppable, absolutely reliable beast. And capable* of over 20 bps without electronics (not including loader, unless you go Qloader - which I generally advise against). *you should have the Level 10 if you plan on this*

An Automag Classic .68 or a Minimag would be great too, but with the classic valve not capable of the full-auto...however, only about $100. Also stainless steel.

IMO, a MUCH better marker (and potentially lower maintenancem depending on the care put into it) - you can literally just give it oil for 5 years and it won't go down. The Level 10 itself MAY require tuning once a year. But it CAN'T physically chop.

NOTE: RT Valves require HPA.

This post has been edited by cdrinkh20: 09 October 2011 - 11:50 AM

#7 User is offline   grenades 

• PipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:59 PM

The new electra has psp ramp millennium ramp? I belive don't remember exactly, but I bought a a5 today now I have a pmi tracer 2 a spyder victor( loaner gun) a x7 and a a5

#8 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:07 PM

Why..?

If you'd mentioned that I would've said don't bother with that class of marker at all... X7 IS an A5 with a different shell. No difference.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users