Special Ops Paintball: games starting to get boring - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

games starting to get boring I'm sick of playing with a bunch of campers Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   HammerSword 

• DiLLiGaF
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:HammerSword

Posted 14 August 2006 - 02:25 PM

There is a difference between camping and ambush. An abush player sits patiently in a strategic location waiting for the the right shot. Most ambush players move around. Campers just find a hiding spot and never move until they get shot, or the game is over.

#17 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 14 August 2006 - 02:42 PM

He is right. As a sniper, I only hide when I've met the opposition. I will keep running to the enemies base until I get really close and set up an ambush. Then I wait awhile and if I don't see anyone for 5 minutes I keep going until I have a shot on someone. The other circumstance is I meet the opposition at half field only problem is all my teammates are with me. Its fine once I tell them not to talk or even look at me, but they won't retreat so I'm powerless to help them with my Phantom...I have to wait for all of them to get eliminated and then I just shoot all of the enemy...

#18 User is offline   Action Fig 

• Kitty!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Action Fig

Posted 14 August 2006 - 03:59 PM

I know exactly how u feel. The same thing used to happen to me but i figured out most of the "camping" spots and found that the trick (at least at the smaller field i play at) is to "counter camp". Its not really camping as much as setting an abush but if you know where they're most likely going to be, when the game starts haul DUMPER to a location that will allow u to wait for the "camper" to set up in his usual spot and take him out. other than that just use logic because more often than not, "campers" = predictable
I love this show

#19 User is offline   mustardgass 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2006 - 04:03 PM

View PostDJE032, on Aug 13 2006, 08:54 PM, said:

View PostDavidP1013, on Aug 13 2006, 07:49 PM, said:

A common myth is that speedball uses more paint. However that is just a myth. I maybe use a hopper or a hopper and a half in a game of speedball. It's over so fast you don't have time to shoot a ton of paint.

Does anyone here live in South Eastern Michigan...if so where are some good fields?

Check out crossfire creek, and lonewolf. Crossfire Creek is my home field and is great IMO. Get onto pbreview.com and check out all the fields close to your area.

John
It's just what I do when I can't get no lovin'
IPB Image
Custom sig courtosy of Silent-7

#20 User is offline   Gunner.30 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gunner.50

Posted 14 August 2006 - 04:12 PM

get a big thick plastic shield and use it to go up to their camping spot and bunker emm or nade em to hell
gunner
SPEC. OPS. SWORD BEACH '07 *INVASION *OF* NORMANDY*
My grandma always used to say," Some men wear makeup, some men carry big guns, which one would you rather be?"-JKLNHYD
BROADSWORD
-we bring the fire to the firefight

#21 User is offline   version of reality 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:random paintballer

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:35 PM

start the games with you guys almost in eyesight, use objective based games, time limits, play speedball, etc, all will work, i started doing that with my friend, they hide better, but i own in a gun fight

#22 User is offline   SilentMarksman 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SilentMarksman

Posted 15 August 2006 - 08:19 AM

Cheap option=Speedball

Expensive option= Infared goggles and lots of grenades.
:)

#23 User is offline   Montresor 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Montresor

Posted 15 August 2006 - 09:22 AM

Wrong.

Ambushing is a tactic that requires some actual knowledge of enemy troop movement. Sitting in a bush for twenty minutes so that you can one-ball the only guy playing because you were lucky enough for him to wander near you is just plain camping. The military doesn't send snipers out into the bush to lay there and wait, hoping an enemy will wander past. The are given an actual objective, a target that is likely to be in that place at that time.

You need to play games with some sort of objective. Centerflag is the poop. Even without a time limit, it will not only cut down on campers, but it will teach them how to play ambush more effectively.

The goal is to take a flag from the center of the field and proceed to your opponents' base. So, from the break most of your team will head straight for the middle to secure the flag, as will your opponent. You'll probably send a couple of guys to the right or left (whichever is the high ground of the flag area) to flank, and one or two to the other side as 'ambush'. The first few times they do this, they'll camp. But the more often you play this, the more 'conflict zones' will get broken in, as will trails. The guys that sit and do nothing will start to learn that they're not benefitting their team unless they're up and moving. While they sat there through the whole game, it ended without them contributing a thing.

And if you wanna play speedball, get some buddies together, split gas, and go up to Atomix. Trust me, it's well worth it. One of the best indoors in the country.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Minnesota/Nodak? Visit www.valleypaintball.com the ONLY place to ball in the Red River Valley.

#24 User is offline   Ruckus Fox 

• Cutie! ^-^
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ruckus Fox

Posted 15 August 2006 - 08:46 PM

I know what you mean...Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who moves in our games...Last game, I kid you not, I ran more than a mile, maybe two, and our field is about three quarters of a football field long, and about the same size as a football field wide.

Truth of the matter is, sometimes you have to camp too. Anything it takes (LEGALLY) to win, is what ya have to stoop to. Usually, I'm very honorable. I don't cheapshot people (e.x. Ask them for a paintcheck, then plug them point blank when trying to flank them.) I don't lie about getting shot, and I usually don't pointblank shoot either. When I have to, I usually aim for the hopper, since it's the biggest damn thing on their gun.

Fact is, ya have to camp too, especially when they do. Either rush for an advantageous point during a game, or wait, then flank them when they do. I've found an excellent camping spot for free for alls at our local woodsball field. A nice rocky outcrop with about three large boulders, two set together, and one two feet from them. Next to the two boulders is an old dead tree, giving a little bit of extra protection and a nice place to brace yourself and lean around. To top it all off, it's in a ditch sort of, so if anybody's walking along the ridge, jump up and shoot 'em! I single handedly won the last FFA game we played there by using those rocks for cover. Good cover is good insurance.

If they camp, you do it too. Especially if you don't play timed games like us, then they'll be forced to move.

--Ruckus

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users