Special Ops Paintball: people laugh at my Pig... Ill show them - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

people laugh at my Pig... Ill show them

#1 User is offline   Nemidaelius 

• Self-described 'sniper'
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 April 2005 - 10:27 PM

People keep makign fun of my Thunder Pig just cos its 21 inches long...

I happen to shoot fairly well with the thing, and It just looks bad-a**

Anyhoo, heres my idea for how to make my Pig and uber-sniper barrel

Keep teh first 14" or so as is, since that's supposed to be the max effective length
have the last 7" heavily ported, so it acts like a silencer but without pissing off the ATF or anything! Yay!

With, say, 4 rows of ports that increase in diameter, the setup ought to let the gas off pretty gradually, and that means less noise... put a thing full of foam over that and it will get even quieter, although that MIGHT piss of the ATF...
I guess I'll call that part a 'shroud'
proud aspie
IPB Image

#2 Guest_Saxon_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 19 April 2005 - 10:35 PM

thats a little long... more then a little... i think 14 is a good size... but 21 holy.

#3 User is offline   billybob 

• The John Deere of paintball. Nothing mows as nice.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Location:Leavenworth County Kansas, everyone's a prisoner here
  • Brigade Name:billybob

Posted 20 April 2005 - 12:43 AM

yea dude 21 inches is just insane. that would get in my way way too much and i'd have to saw it in half. I have a 14'' thunder pig and i love the thing. if i'm playing mid to long range i stick with my flatline, but if i'm playing short to mid i pick up my other tippmann with the pig attached. the 14'' is just so damn accurate. it is a tad bit loud but i dont care cuz i'm a big enough target that everyone knows where i am anyways. buy anyways, you'd have to pry that thing away from me with a crane magnet to take it from me. oops, its aluminum aint it. :unsure:
"Life sucks" ~LT
"What the Hell? Is Abercrombie making people now!!!?"~ Vash

#4 User is offline   Nemidaelius 

• PipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2005 - 02:38 PM

The point of the mod I just decribed is that I get an effective barrel length of 14" and then 7" worth of porting. That last seven inches acts sort fo like a silencer, but legal.

Besiders, Im a frickin' sniper, I shoot under 50 balls a round and dont give a rats a** about gas efficiency.
proud aspie
IPB Image

#5 User is offline   The_Watcher 

• Backwood Ballerz Paintball Squad
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Watcher

Posted 20 April 2005 - 08:34 PM

I have a 21" pig also. I love it! I might even try the mod....if it is ok with ATF, lol

Backwood Ballerz Paintball Squad
"You're Going Down Like The Fat Kid In Dodgeball"

#6 User is offline   Nemidaelius 

• PipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:41 PM

should be ok with them until you put something over it.

Make sure you find a qualified machinist to do it

Also since it is straight rifled be VERY VERY careful about getting it rehoned, dont want to mess up teh rifling and creat a sharp inward-facing edge... can you say "give me a pack of squeegees and a hacksaw" ?

I am having trouble finding a place that can do it at all, let alone at reasonable rates... custom machining, it seems, is a dying art. Sad, that.

Oh and good on you watcher for lovin' the Pig.. shes not half bad when you get down to it!

This post has been edited by Nemidaelius: 20 April 2005 - 09:42 PM

proud aspie
IPB Image

#7 User is offline   billybob 

• The John Deere of paintball. Nothing mows as nice.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Location:Leavenworth County Kansas, everyone's a prisoner here
  • Brigade Name:billybob

Posted 21 April 2005 - 01:05 AM

i dont think the foam would really be necessary. if you do porting right on any barrel it will quiet it down enough. if i were going to attempt it, i would start with a series of small ports closely grouped at about 12 or 13 inches from the gun, say about 5 or 6 ports in a row. then at about 16 inches i'd start a line of ports grouped pretty far apart which would be bigger then the first port holes, and just continue those all the way to the muzzle break. I've heard a 98 with a similar setup on a 16 inch barrel and it was suprisingly quiet. but the rifling of the pig really could cause you some big time problems. thats just my 2 pennies.
"Life sucks" ~LT
"What the Hell? Is Abercrombie making people now!!!?"~ Vash

#8 User is offline   Nemidaelius 

• PipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2005 - 09:46 PM

The rifling could cause some trouble when rehoning, yes, perhaps only rehoning to the diameter of the rifling adn taking care of the rest with fine steel wool or something might work...
I am consulting a local machine shop about this, I will post the results if it works out.
proud aspie
IPB Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users